View topic image gallery

IMG_0635.JPG
IMG_0638.JPG
20140101_221735.jpg
20140101_221718.jpg
20140101_221712.jpg
20140101_221726.jpg

#1 10 years ago

I haven't come across any posts about usage of Super Bands on EM's. There may be one, but I didn't see it. Has anyone besides me tried them out on any EM's specifically and what are your thoughts?

http://jcspinball.com/Pinball-Super-Bands.html

I put a set of 3 on my Mars Trek last week and honestly like them. I find them slightly different that the newer set of rubber I had on, but not significant in my opinion. I also love the look, especially playing in the dark as they seem to glow.

Please share your thoughts!

20140101_221726.jpg20140101_221726.jpg

20140101_221735.jpg20140101_221735.jpg

20140101_221712.jpg20140101_221712.jpg

20140101_221718.jpg20140101_221718.jpg

#2 10 years ago

I bought a few sets and plan to try them on either my Wizard and/or Spanish Eyes.

#3 10 years ago

Yep. Here they are on our Lucky Ace and our Hot Tip.
We love them and have them on all our games that use standard flipper rings.

IMG_0635.JPGIMG_0635.JPG IMG_0638.JPGIMG_0638.JPG
#4 10 years ago

yes i have several on mine and they are fine and look great. what i want to know is whats the trick to getting them on the easiest. i have smashed many hands and knuckles when my fingers slip trying to stretch them enough to get on the flipper.

#5 10 years ago

Do they stay cleaner and do they have a different play feel to them
Thanks for the sharing the link.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

yes i have several on mine and they are fine and look great. what i want to know is whats the trick to getting them on the easiest. i have smashed many hands and knuckles when my fingers slip trying to stretch them enough to get on the flipper.

The best way we have found to install them is to take two screwdrivers or any two long rods and put the band around them. Then you can easily stretch them out pretty far by pulling the two screwdrivers apart.
After they are stretched they go on much easier.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Do they stay cleaner and do they have a different play feel to them
Thanks for the sharing the link.

They seem to be staying cleaner but we have not put a ton of play on them yet.
They do grip the ball better so the extra control is nice. The only bad part is dead bounce passes are harder as they do not have quite the same high bounce as standard rubbers.
They are still possible, just make sure the ball is moving fast enough.

#9 10 years ago

Thanks for the thoughts on the bands. I really like the color coordination with the green on your machine Arcade.

In terms of installation, I watched the video that blondetall posted and found just stretching them out a bit with my fingers in a couple of directions first and then starting post side of the flipper first got them on. It wasn't easy but it worked. If these last a while then I won't sweat it.

#10 10 years ago

Very easy to put on using the method illustrated above and by stretching them out. They've been great on my Dealer's Choice, Toledo, Spacestation and Jackbot.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/super-bands-on-ems and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.