(Topic ID: 48488)

Steve Ritchie with Frikkin Lasers

By dangerwil

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SR_Denied.jpg
    Borg_approach_in_dark.jpg
    ima-firin-mah-lazer-o.gif
    528208_10151564890289244_2060237744_n..jpg

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

Facebook, SR, lasers.

528208_10151564890289244_2060237744_n..jpg528208_10151564890289244_2060237744_n..jpg

#3 10 years ago

Sweet! Maybe this time the cannons won't need a mod!

#4 10 years ago

ima-firin-mah-lazer-o.gifima-firin-mah-lazer-o.gif

#5 10 years ago

Lubriderm: the Pinball

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from MrDo:

LE cannons, at least.

#8 10 years ago

Oh god... now THAT'S gonna be stuck in my head all night..

'I'M A-FIRIN' MUH LAZOR!!!! BRWAAAAAAAH!!!'

#9 10 years ago

Why is every photo that stern posts on fb reposted on pinside ? I understand the ones with clues and whatnot, but..

#10 10 years ago

My preorder was done pre Mop. Some are already filled up on pre order and no mas for Le after Mop debacle. Depending on differences and timing might go premium For sure if Stern jacks up Le to 1000

#11 10 years ago

Because some pinside users are not facebook users?

#12 10 years ago

better question, what was denied?

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from MrDo:

You're thinking too small.

#14 10 years ago

Best question: Why does SR look so much like my mom?

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinballkim:

Because some pinside users are not facebook users?

Like me. I am proud to not be a FB user.

#16 10 years ago

What is fasebook?

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

My preorder was done pre Mop. Some are already filled up on pre order and no mas for Le after Mop debacle. Depending on differences and timing might go premium For sure if Stern jacks up Le to 1000

me too. put in my LE order after getting back from TPF and talking with Ritchie.

from the looks of Metallica, i might also go for the premium instead of the LE. what is the rumor release date? october(ish)?

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from Linolium:

Like me. I am proud to not be a FB user.

Facebook is for kids not rabbits

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

what is the rumor release date? october(ish)?

December,January

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Now that you mention it... I've never seen the two of them in the same room.

#21 10 years ago

Anyone else notice the Lubriderm and wipes?

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

He looks kinda devious in that pic. Maybe even deviant. Is your mom a goth?

(warning: do NOT do a google image search on goth mom)

#23 10 years ago

... Goth Mom would be a great name for a chick band though.

Just sayin...

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

You're thinking too small.
    » YouTube video

As far as using a small laser on a playfield, not sure how they can do that and get the full effect. To see the beam through the atmosphere you need a medium to see the beam itself. Usually this is done with smoke at laser light shows. Otherwise you only see the reflection of the beam when it bounces off of an object.

Very Off Topic;

That naval video is closer to reality than you think. I have been in the laser industry since 1999. Typically it was Germany that led the world in commercial lasers used for industry. Northrop and Raytheon have researched very high power lasers for military use for over a decade with limited success.

Then came along IPG Photonics. It's origin was in the telecom industry during the early 1990's and made diodes and associated equipment. They then developed an industrial grade laser for the manufacturing industry. Several years later and they produced the worlds highest power commercially produced laser of 100kW at a very low cost.

The laser used for the phalanx system was a 10kW single mode.

The funny part, it was started by Dr. Valentine Gapontsev who is now in his late 70's. He was born in Russia and worked on diode technology before the Soviet Union collapsed.

Today, IPG is headquatered in Oxford, MA and Dr. Gapostev is a very wealthy capitalist supplying high power lasers to the manufacturing industry and the US military.

#25 10 years ago

You guys really want cannons again? Sorry but it is way time for the king to think of some different toys

#26 10 years ago

So, is SR designing another ST or AP?

#27 10 years ago

I wanna see a gun to gun shot. big guns style, but with the cannons moving.

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from musketd:

You guys really want cannons again? Sorry but it is way time for the king to think of some different toys

You crack me up!.....are you the most negative guy ever?....or the most whiny

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from scooter:

Facebook is for kids not rabbits

... Silly rabbit!

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

You crack me up!.....are you the most negative guy ever?....or the most whiny

Really just saying he has been there done that T2, STTNG, and ACDC, but hey if you want more cannons then by all means have at it. I am very pleased with Metallica and the way it looks. I also like ACDC, TRON, AVENGERS and Transformers.

#32 10 years ago

I agree as well, enough of the cannons.

#33 10 years ago
    Quoted from musketd:

but hey if you want more cannons then by all means have at it.

What does a Laser have to do with a cannon?...help me out here...

#34 10 years ago

No mirror blades for this one. Might take an eye out. (Or two)

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

To aim, I think

#36 10 years ago
    Quoted from musketd:

How about magnets that are so frikkin strong, they can melt the ball!

#37 10 years ago

All you really need to see the lasers is to turn off the lights... The wedge bulbs used in the GI lighting should do, you'll see those lasers in no time

#38 10 years ago

They make lenses for lasers that project lines, target crosshairs, arrows, etc, etc. pretty cheap stuff too. I've got a couple purple lasers with line lenses I'm tinkering with, might stick them in the sttng someday maybe.

Have to imagine we won't see any lasers put in a machine though, even the weak ones can hurt your eyes pretty good. Might be far fetched... but wouldn't surprise me in this world if some dumbass stared right into it in hopes of making a few bucks...

#39 10 years ago

Heaven forbid we can aim something at something again....is this pinball and isn't "aiming" required"?

#40 10 years ago
    Quoted from musketd:

Really just saying he has been there done that T2, STTNG, and ACDC, but hey if you want more cannons then by all means have at it. I am very pleased with Metallica and the way it looks. I also like ACDC, TRON, Avengers and Transformers.

Shhhhh.... Based on the other thread, you can't say you like AV. It's bash AV week here.

I agree there is a bit of been there done that to the cannons, but it does fit the theme well. If it does have them, it could cause me to sell STTNG. I may only feel the need to have one cannon game.

#41 10 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Iceman, after all the LE stuff, I decided to implement my own "code" of NIB purchases:

Rule 1: Don't buy a version of a pin missing GAMEPLAY features. Cosmetics, however, are expendable.

Rule 2: Don't buy an LE sight unseen.

Rule 3: Don't pay more than a couple hundred more AT MOST for an LE if the Premium model has the exact same gameplay features (both hardware and software).

Rule 4: If, in keeping with these rules, I can't get an LE because they were all presold, don't worry about it as it was never meant to be.

Rule 5: If, in keeping with these rules, I miss out on the LE, and if I don't get a Premium because it is missing gameplay features in the LE, again in keeping with the rules, then don't worry about it as it was never meant to be.

So that means I wait to see before I buy STLE. Even if they're all gone. Then I'll get the Premium instead. Unless it is a gameplay-nerfed version of the LE. Then I'll get neither and be just fine with that.

And this comes from a HUGE Star Trek fan.

#42 10 years ago

Hence why JJP is maintaining gameplay between the TWO versions (not 5).

#43 10 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Hence why JJP is maintaining gameplay between the TWO versions (not 5).

JJP is irrelevant and should not be used as a measuring stick until they actually release a real final game to the public. Gotta ante up if you want to play. That being said, as a rule, I love the idea of having a premium model with no differences in gameplay vs. the LE.

#44 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rick432:

Iceman, after all the LE stuff, I decided to implement my own "code" of NIB purchases:

Rule 1: Don't buy a version of a pin missing GAMEPLAY features. Cosmetics, however, are expendable.

Rule 2: Don't buy an LE sight unseen.

Rule 3: Don't pay more than a couple hundred more AT MOST for an LE if the Premium model has the exact same gameplay features (both hardware and software).

Rule 4: If, in keeping with these rules, I can't get an LE because they were all presold, don't worry about it as it was never meant to be.

Rule 5: If, in keeping with these rules, I miss out on the LE, and if I don't get a Premium because it is missing gameplay features in the LE, again in keeping with the rules, then don't worry about it as it was never meant to be.

So that means I wait to see before I buy STLE. Even if they're all gone. Then I'll get the Premium instead. Unless it is a gameplay-nerfed version of the LE. Then I'll get neither and be just fine with that.

And this comes from a HUGE Star Trek fan.

I think great rules to live by no doubt and STLE will be my last LE (famous last words) and I'll only stay with the LE if the price difference isn't huge and its truly an LE with a max of 500....

1000 of Woz is not "limited" and really neither is 500 of anything....

#45 10 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

You got it!

#46 10 years ago

Are there any distributors accepting preorder deposits for the LE? Sincere question that I cant seem to find an answer for. Nothing but crickets. I really do want one. For myself. Not to flip. Thanks all.

#47 10 years ago

Bring on the cannons baby! I'm hoping he loads the game up with cannons. If you think cannons have been over done because they where in 4 games, guess what? Flippers, slings, and pop bumpers have been waaaaayyy overdone. ST is about shooting things, ie lots of ship to ship battles, so yes cannons fit the theme.

#48 10 years ago

No, no all you guys are missing the real clue! Look closely . . . Sterns next machine is a Clorox Wipes machine!

#49 10 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I think great rules to live by no doubt and STLE will be my last LE (famous last words) and I'll only stay with the LE if the price difference isn't huge and its truly an LE with a max of 500....
    1000 of Woz is not "limited" and really neither is 500 of anything....

There's no way there will be only 500 Star Treks after the sales of MOPLE

Think 500 of one LE, 500 of another model LE.

At least. If they don't do this, they'd be crazy.

rd.

#50 10 years ago
    Quoted from Silverballer:

Are there any distributors accepting preorder deposits for the LE? Sincere question that I cant seem to find an answer for. Nothing but crickets. I really do want one. For myself. Not to flip. Thanks all.

I think after the MOP debacle the pre orders have halted for the most part although you might be able to find a few guys, call GEX....I think Stern goes to 750 on this one which means you should be able to get one, unless the flippers gobble them all up....

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/steve-ritchie-with-frikkin-lasers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.