66343950_(resized).jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
vader_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
There are 203 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 8 years ago

So with the new movie approaching at years end, I for one can think of NO ONE BETTER than Steve Ritchie to be the designer of the NEW STAR WARS PIN !!! My wife and I got to spend some time this year visiting with him and his wife at TPF and they are absolutely wonderful people. I can only hope that HE, the KING, is given and accepts the opportunity to work on what could be one of the most sought after pinball machine ever!

#2 8 years ago

It's the only logical choice - he's had a LONG time to work on his next project (ever since Star Trek).

I'm sure Stern got the contract for it since they already have a working agreement in place with Disney (and have a proven track record of churning out 3-4 titles a year as opposed to 3-4 years per title...ahem)

Let's just hope they *FINALLY* give us an LCD in the backbox!!!

#3 8 years ago

Yeah, but only if Stern let him design as many toys and stuff as stevie needs. Cause this aint a theme to cut cost on gameplay features.

Please Stern, go all out with this one. You will earn it back, garanteed!

#4 8 years ago

Problem is, Ritchie doesn't need toys.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from wnorwich89:

Problem is, Ritchie doesn't need toys.

That's not a problem! Let it Flow!!!!! No bash toys needed

#6 8 years ago

Won't be Ritchie. More likely the designer of the DE SW.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

So with the new movie approaching at years end, I for one can think of NO ONE BETTER than Steve Ritchie to be the designer of the NEW Star Wars PIN !!!

I can. And besides, SR is supposedly doing GOT now, which would put a SW pin somewhere in 2017 at the earliest if he did it...and IF Stern gets the license.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

Won't be Ritchie. More likely the designer of the DE SW.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#9 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I can. And besides, SR is supposedly doing GOT now, which would put a SW pin somewhere in 2017 at the earliest if he did it...and IF Stern gets the license.

THANK YOU! It's really annoying that people think it's a foregone conclusion Stern gets the license.

#10 8 years ago

Correct me if I'm wrong but there's going to be 3 new Star Wars films. If we want a new Star Wars pin done right, it would make sense to do it after all 3 movies are complete, not before.

#11 8 years ago

I have no inside information, and know nobody important. With that said, what I've heard around is

- Ritchie isn't doing Game of Thrones, he's doing something else huge
- JJP is doing Star Wars

#12 8 years ago

Ritchie is a huge GOT fan, and will supposedly only work on themes he's passionate about. His spot in the rotation has been skipped a few times since AC/DC, and GOT is supposed to be announced late this year.

Jack made a hint that the SW license could do wonders for his company, but I believe the bidding process is still going on for the license at this point. Not sure anything's been signed yet.

#13 8 years ago

You can bet that someone will do a new SW pin--really looking forward to it. If the DE version is taken to the next level the new pin will be very, very cool!

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

You can bet that someone will do a new SW pin--really looking forward to it. If the DE version is taken to the next level the new pin will be very, very cool!

I think it needs to be taken to more than the next level its really not that good and its only really ok now bc someone redid the software but thats just my opinion

#15 8 years ago

I vote Borg...he did the first D.E., as a matter of fact IIRC it was his first solo effort as a designer.

#16 8 years ago

I prefer Borg; LE already preordered

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Who else would they give it to? JJP had three years to get a Hobbit out and we're still waiting after the final film is coming to DVD. No way Disney risks a massive delay with Star Wars.

#18 8 years ago

I think you need to update your subject. Very misleading.

#19 8 years ago

If it has an LCD sure, otherwise JJP.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from brent149:

Who else would they give it to? JJP had three years to get a Hobbit out and we're still waiting after the final film is coming to DVD. No way Disney risks a massive delay with Star Wars.

I don't think Disney cares about delays on a pinball machine, quite frankly. They only care about money. Whoever's willing to pay them the most, wins.

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Correct me if I'm wrong but there's going to be 3 new Star Wars films. If we want a new Star Wars pin done right, it would make sense to do it after all 3 movies are complete, not before.

Completely agree. I don't think there will be any chance of a Star Wars pin until there is at least a trailer for the third film, which is a few years away.

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Completely agree. I don't think there will be any chance of a Star Wars pin until there is at least a trailer for the third film, which is a few years away.

I've read that Disney is planning more than 3 movies. There will be 3 core movies with a severalspinoffs similar to the Marvel Universe movies. They are planning something like a core movie every 2-3 years and 1-2 spinoffs in between such that they are releasing 1 Star Wars movie a year.

#23 8 years ago

I hope that GoT is just a distraction, and that BREAKING BAD is really Steve's next game. I can just picture the Super Jackpot animation (would start at 00:11):

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So true and who ever has or gets the license it will take a while. No bash intended but if JJP do get the license odds are we might not see a Star Wars pin before the 3 movies are done and at the rate they are getting pins out we might see our pin in 2020.

You know it to be true lol

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from oohlou:

I've read that Disney is planning more than 3 movies. There will be 3 core movies with a severalspinoffs similar to the Marvel Universe movies. They are planning something like a core movie every 2-3 years and 1-2 spinoffs in between such that they are releasing 1 Star Wars movie a year.

I heard about the spin offs but didn't realize it would be so long between core movies.

I just hope the spin offs don't focus on Jar Jar's grandson.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I don't think Disney cares about delays on a pinball machine, quite frankly. They only care about money. Whoever's willing to pay them the most, wins.

Doesn't Skit-B have the new Star Wars license already?

#27 8 years ago

we need the max, 3 movies = 3 pins, why not... but it makes sense to wait for the trilogy also.
i hope it's stern and steve, i'd like to play my games before 2020 and no bashing toy please.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I vote Borg...he did the first D.E., as a matter of fact IIRC it was his first solo effort as a designer.

Thank god his skills have improved from then, because it's a horrible layout.

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from LyonsRonnie1:

I have no inside information, and know nobody important. With that said, what I've heard around is
- JJP is doing Star Wars

Huh? At least your info is good though....

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from oohlou:

Would be a nightmare if we get the spin off as a Star Wars pin...

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I'm still not very impressed by most Borg games and hope if Stern does get SW that Ritchie's the designer.

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

SR is supposedly doing GOT now, which would put a SW pin somewhere in 2017 at the earliest if he did it...

I would be fine with that!Star Wars will definately benefit from the rumored LCD as well as other new technologies.

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I found SW to be a more fun than not game and a pretty good effort from DE (giving them their usual pass, as their games were just never quite up to BW standards. For some reason I have a soft spot for DE...). I understand ChadH's new code really spiffed the game up and improved things to make this play a lot better.

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yes agree and then maybe by then we will have LCD and upgraded advanced features in game.

#35 8 years ago

Steve Ritchie + Star Wars + Spike = take my money please.

I would purchase this machine sight unseen.

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Steve Ritchie + Star Wars + Spike = take my money please.
I would purchase this machine sight unseen.

We are on the same wave length.......

#37 8 years ago

If Stern is going to release a Star Wars late this fall, I am betting that the code it will release with is done now and ready to go in the pins. Sure we will be left wondering what all the "Yes! Yes! Yes!" chanting is about and why Vader is walking to the ring while Hulk Hogan's theme music is playing. I am sure that they will get it all fixed within a year or two of the release.

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I found SW to be a more fun than not game and a pretty good effort from DE (giving them their usual pass, as their games were just never quite up to BW standards. For some reason I have a soft spot for DE...). I understand ChadH's new code really spiffed the game up and improved things to make this play a lot better.

Plenty of DE games I like... JP, Time Machine, LAH to name a few...it's not about the code for me..it's the shots. I don't like the pop bumper layout, I don't find the other shots fun...

#39 8 years ago

If Star Wars has 2 different LE models (X-men and AC/DC), I will order both.

#40 8 years ago

With 3 movies, based on WOZ and THSE , JJP would be a better choice . Obviously I like stern, I own
33 of them, but JJP could produce a better pin!

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from LyonsRonnie1:

- JJP is doing Star Wars

Wrong, and wrong.

#42 8 years ago

If there is a Star Wars pin around Episode VII only, you're looking at 2016 at the earliest.

And if Ritchie does it, it will be after his late 2015 pin, so you're looking at late 2016 at the earliest.

#43 8 years ago

I will take back every nasty thing I ever said about the pre-order system and send in my money if SR ends up doing Star Wars.

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

JJP could produce a better pin!

And release it at the same time as the third movie, by "contractual obligation"?

#46 8 years ago

I believe it now.

#47 8 years ago

I can't believe the hardcore pinball folks on this site want an LCD in the back box. I'd never want a mirrored back glass or translite replaced by an LCD monitor. It's just as cheesy on modern slot machines .

I thought cheesy Full Motion Video went away after the intro of CDROM drives in the mid 90s.

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from Hotdoggin:

I can't believe the hardcore pinball folks on this site want an LCD in the back box. I'd never want a mirrored back glass or translite replaced by an LCD monitor. It's just as cheesy on modern slot machines .
I thought cheesy Full Motion Video went away after the intro of CDROM drives in the mid 90s.

I could honestly go either way on this .... after owning a WOZ I quickly found out that the LCD is more for everyone elses enjoyment - not the player. That being said, it was cool.

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

So with the new movie approaching at years end, I for one can think of NO ONE BETTER than Steve Ritchie to be the designer of the NEW Star Wars PIN !!! My wife and I got to spend some time this year visiting with him and his wife at TPF and they are absolutely wonderful people. I can only hope that HE, the KING, is given and accepts the opportunity to work on what could be one of the most sought after pinball machine ever!

SR takes 1.5 years/game, if he is on GOT now, it will be 2 years until SW, which may be ok as Episode 8 will be out in exactly 2 years, giving Stern 2 of the 3 movies worth of content.

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from Hotdoggin:

Most people seem to agree an LCD the size of the large DMD (as in BF) would be perfect.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
There are 203 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/steve-ritchie-star-wars- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.