Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 189 posts
  • 91 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by mrclean
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images.jpg
    Woody_&_Buzz_004.JPG
    Woody_&_Buzz_003.JPG
    shazam-show.jpg
    JokerAd.JPG
    DSC01655.JPG
    06time01.jpg

There are 189 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 11 years ago

WOW!
    Im looking forward for this one!
    I heard rumors about a Stern Pinball called THE HOBBIT?

#152 11 years ago
    Quoted from kerry1977KER:

WOW!
    Im looking forward for this one!
    I heard rumors about a Stern Pinball called THE HOBBIT?

I thought that JJP will be doing that after WOZ as they have the licence apparently.
    Personally The Hobbit does nothing for me.

#153 11 years ago

Hobbit I'd like as I missed out on LOTR but if it comes down to JJP Hobbit vs Stern Fast & Furious, well on theme alone Stern wins for me.

#154 11 years ago

Car themes and Stern, I'm dubious. NASCAR/Indy/Dale, the Bumblebee and Batmobile toys, not super amazing. I hope they come up with something spectacular for it, the theme could make for another high energy, rock and roll kind of game. Just hope they come up with something totally original in the toys department.

#155 11 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Hobbit I'd like as I missed out on LOTR but if it comes down to JJP Hobbit vs Stern Fast & Furious, well on theme alone Stern wins for me.

Oo, if it comes down to JJP Hobbit vs Stern Fast and Furious, I have to buy both.......time to start saving money.

#156 11 years ago

How about 2 hobbits? one from stern and one from JJP for the Tolkien completists? Then we would have to see who can make the best game at the best price, a head to head brawl as it were.

#157 11 years ago

I had no Idea what ( Hobbit ) was or meant , till I saw the clip below.. lOOks like another LOTR fan movie . No Thanxx From me.....

#158 11 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

No Thanxx From me.....

Ditto! The good news is I can save for what comes next.
    Pretty sure the most reliable of sources said Avengers then Zep. I am officially an indentured servant.

#159 11 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Avengers 2012
    Led Zep 2013
    Star Trek 2013

I sure Hope So. I like when they mix music pins in between (because I have no interest in them and can save money, haha)

#160 11 years ago

Stern,

You need to make Futurama or a cartoon based game

Look at the sales of FG and TSPP!!! A funny game is now desperately needed as superhero and music and SCI FI are now overdone.

A Futurama Pin would be killer and make a ton of money for operators. Look at TSPP and FG both games sold very well.

My opinion would be if your making 3 pins a year do a cartoon and music pin every other year, 1 original non licensed pin and 1 superhero, SCI FI etc.., with all the models LE, Premium etc..,

Does every pin need to have an LE with it?

I think that is why its the same old stuff now. Superhero and Music both lend themselves all to well to Limited Editions.

#161 11 years ago

I guess Stern will never do anything original again......

Star Trek for me based on that list!

#162 11 years ago

Me too, most likely Star Trek. I'll give Avengers a chance though. No Led Zep for me-absolutely zero interest.

#165 11 years ago

With this discussion on Star Trek it never occured to me to ask before: which Star Trek? I presumed it would be based on the new movie series . . . but if it were to be a multi-show crew cast . . . then I would not complain about that at all (though it may be a licensing issue).

Just think, you can collect Captains just like you collect Doctors in DW...

#166 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

but if it were to be a multi-show crew cast . . . then I would not complain about that at all (though it may be a licensing issue).

I'd go for either one!...

#167 11 years ago

Based on theme alone I'd be in for Star Trek, 50/50 on Avengers, and out for Led Zep.

#168 11 years ago

I really don't think Zep will happen, the licensing issues involved with this pin are pretty widely documented.

#169 11 years ago

How about Little Red Riding hood

images.jpgimages.jpg

#170 11 years ago

I'll take the chick in the pic and pass on the pin.

#171 11 years ago

If they go with a music one, how about Springsteen? Huge fan base and good cataloge of songs that could be themed for shots/modes. Off the top of my head: Born to Run, Cadillac Ranch, Ramrod, Badlands, and most of the Born in the USA album would work well (most of the more recent stuff is probably too slow but its the 70s and 80s stuff that the fans really know anyway).

#172 11 years ago

I want a Goonies pin, damn it!

3 weeks later
    #173 11 years ago

Sorry people it is kiss 2013

#174 11 years ago
    Quoted from aussiedarren:

Sorry people it is kiss 2013

I hope your right, this will give me time to save for a title that appeals to me.
    I'm more than happy to wait a few pins down the line for Avengers or a quality zombie game.

#175 11 years ago

australian only makes up small sales for stern but xmen,resident evil etc etc are hardly known here no interest at all...just info only

#176 11 years ago

the Rock pins really need to stop... the themes get old way too fast.

#177 11 years ago

It will be a Super Troopers pin. "Say Car Ramrod... I'll have a liter of cola!"

#178 11 years ago

Stern's next pin

Will be over hyped with incomplete software? - Yes

Will there be 3 or more editions ? - Yes

Is Gomez doing it? Confirmed he was

The only game that really makes sense is the Avengers based on its Gomez and if Stern has secured the licensing for the title. They will probably do LE's of every character

Personally I'd love to what would happen if they got Gomez, Borg and Ritchie to all do the Avengers though that's not going to happen.

Tron was once thought to be Captain America and the spinning disc was going to be his shield.

#179 11 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

I sure Hope So. I like when they mix music pins in between (because I have no interest in them and can save money, haha)

LZep got nixed (again)

#180 11 years ago
    Quoted from hank527:

Personally I'd love to what would happen if they got Gomez, Borg and Ritchie to all do the Avengers though that's not going to happen.

too many chefs in the kitchen.. that would be a disaster

#181 11 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I had no Idea what ( Hobbit ) was or meant , till I saw the clip below.. lOOks like another LOTR fan movie . No Thanxx From me.....

Pretty much, BR.. another 6+ hour snoozer! (that I'll likely see anyway)

#182 11 years ago

I don't think it will be avengers, directly after X-men? my vote is on --> Resident evil

#183 11 years ago
    Quoted from mummite:

I don't think it will be avengers, directly after X-men? my vote is on --> Resident evil

I'm in if it is...

Robert

#184 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_customs:

too many chefs in the kitchen.. that would be a disaster

stern's next pinball is "Hell's Kitchen"?!?!

#185 11 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

LZep got nixed (again)

Maybe 2014?

2 months later
    #186 11 years ago

Im gonna guess zombie theme and Walking Dead series is popular enough...

#187 11 years ago

LOL. Epic bump right there for your first post. LOL

#188 11 years ago

Walking dead isn't an action based television show, but character driven (not a good translation into a machine).
    I'd say Stern is smart enough to see the Zombie mime is kinda getting played out (but then I saw the home version of Transformers).... so 'smart' is out the window. It ~could~ happen... I guess.
    We'll know what the next pin is before the tours start at the Stern factory in conjunction with the Expo in Chicago this month. IMHO.
    Avengers... based on the movie, not comic is what I've heard from a trusted (and so far accurate) friend.
    Afterward...Star Trek (based on the new upcoming movie 'Star Trek: Into Darkness') is a slam dunk. Between the sci-fi draw... the reverance that many of us still have for the Next Generation pin and fan base for Steve Ritchie.... a new Trek pin would kill in the sales dept.
    It would also be the perfect platform to introduce some new pinball tech (and higher prices) in a more competitive and innovative pinball market (JJP).
    Just my 2 cents.

5 years later
    #189 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

I think a Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers Pinball would be perfect...
    I think Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers would make an excellent choice. They have an incredible catalog of music. You can have Tom in his Alice & Wonderland hat as the mad hatter, the bumpers can be drums, easily implement their heart with the guitar logo for ramps / artwork.
    Just look at some of these titles to use in the game to name a few:
    -Won't Back Down
    -Free Fallin'
    -American Girl
    -Running Down A Dream
    -Last Dance With Mary Jane
    -The Waiting
    -Even The Losers..get lucky (If your ball gets saved)
    -Don't Come Around Here No More (when you drain a ball / game ends)
    -Learning To Fly
    -Into The Great Wide Open
    -I Won't Back Down
    -You Got Lucky
    -Don't Do Me Like That
    -You Don't Know How It Feels
    -Refugee
    Any one else think that Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers would make a good Stern Music theme Pin ? They still tour even after 30 years and are still very popular.

#RIPTOMPETTY

The waiting is the hardest part....

There are 189 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-game-after-x-men1/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.