(Topic ID: 12522)

Stern to do a Men in Black Pinball

By Jgel

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

darkshadows.jpg
    fightclub.jpg
    harpo-marx.jpg
    images.jpeg
    photo.JPG
    devil-1.jpg
    Fresh-Prince[1].gif
    There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 12 years ago
    Quoted from MrDo:

I'd rather see a Muppets pin.

This, it would be epic, might even NIB one.

#52 12 years ago

Avengers has to be the next pin - simply because I will it.

MIB might be ok - super bright red LED pointed at the player during multiball or at the end of the game to erase your memory for sucking. Aliens, dogs, cool weapons. It's more of a gamble then Avengers. Just got back from Target and Avengers toys already on the shelves. This movie is going to rock.

Ghostbusters would rock and I would be in.

RE - pass.

Star Trek - all in baby.

#53 12 years ago

I would be most intersted in Avengers followed closely by the muppets.
    I woud be excited for any zombie title as well just probably not RE huge fan of the games just average fan of the movies.

I wish they would just come out and say what the next title is
    everyone knows they are already starting design.

#54 12 years ago

I heard it was going to be FraggleRock ???

^^the above is pure BS, but why not...^^

#55 12 years ago

I mentioned MIB on Borg's fb October 9th 2011. Aliens and comedy are a good match. Honestly I'm tired of the super hero pins. Sci-Fi or horror BRING IT !

#56 12 years ago

Dear Stern! If extremely whimsical, MiB could do okay, a comedic aliens theme would probably appeal broadly. Not my cup of tea mind you, but I can't afford to buy every pin, so dial it in for those that are interested. Personally, I'm locked and loaded for Avengers, so please make it bad ass with lots of Hulk and Thor (Scarlett Johansson on the artwork is a no brainer if you theme after the movie). Muppets....WTF, really? Resident Evil, possibly, there's a lot of desire for zombies on all the forums, maybe with two hotties like Jill Valentine and Milla Jovovich in the art work they could sell a bunch, but it might just be too serious based upon my recollection of the movies. I think JPop is much better dialed in on zombies with Zombie Adventureland. Star Trek, no problem, they'll sell like hot cakes. Nightmare Before Christmas, I really, really don't know. It does nothing for me, but there are some rabid fans. Seems like the time for it came and went long ago, but who knows. I think a Scooby Doo machine would have broad appeal and be simple to build, just please use the original mysteries to theme it and please keep that bastard Scrappy Doo out of it. Just my two cents.

#57 12 years ago

They're planning on making another Muppets movie, from what I understand. So a new pin to come out say when the current Muppets movie comes out on DVD isn't a horrible idea.

#58 12 years ago

Just my two cents.

I think you accidentally knocked over the change jar instead...

images.jpegimages.jpeg

FWIW taz, I do see those two cents amongst the rabble.
    Avengers will be a kick ass machine if it has four ramps AND Borg at the helm.

You guys also forgot about "Cowboys and Aliens".

#59 12 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Whysnow said:Stern FB posts are just market research

Exactly. Nothing wrong with getting feedback from the masses. Good or bad it's scuttle butt
    Pretty locked in the next pin is Avengers FWIW.
    But project "PUG" was discussed at expo last year with me and my family on a private tour.

Attachments photo.JPG (303 KB, 0 downloads) 18 hours old

You really need to make up your mind.

#60 12 years ago

Speculation thread *yawn*

I heard it's going to be an Oprah pin, they posted a pic of her on facebook. It's a widebody. Everyone tell your friends, you heard it here first.

#61 12 years ago
    Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

I heard it's going to be an Oprah pin, they posted a pic of her on facebook. It's a widebody. Everyone tell your friends, you heard it here first.

LMAO

#62 12 years ago
    Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

Quoted from NimblePin:

You guys also forgot about "Cowboys and Aliens".

#63 12 years ago

Agreed. I think Cowboys and Aliens would be awesome.

#64 12 years ago
    Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

"You get a pinball machine! You get a pinball machine! You get a pinball machine! everybody gets a pinball machine!"

The entire playfield is a recreation of oprah's gigantic mansion. It's simply a tour through her house, and your goal is to knock over priceless antiques off tables as gale and stedman chase you

#65 12 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Oprah pin, they posted a pic of her on facebook. It's a widebody.

That is funny!

#66 12 years ago

How about Black Knight 2112? Steve said there was still room for another BK pin. Original themes all the way. Or....remakes of older original themed pins. If there was never another superhero pin, movie or comic book my world would be unchanged. Also not interested in movie themes. They are cool the month the movie is released and are just dated after that. There are so many good artists out there that awesome pins could be made without wasting money on a lame license.

#67 12 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

Black Knight 2112

no arguement here. I don't think Stern would ever do an unlicensed theme, it's too risky in his eyes. That'd be equivalent to hollywood saying "You know what? to hell with marvel and DC comics, we're going to do an original super hero movie this year!".. yea right

#68 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Cool theme. I wonder if it will be based on all three movies.

..Well yeh!

#69 12 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Whysnow said:Stern FB posts are just market research

Exactly. Nothing wrong with getting feedback from the masses. Good or bad it's scuttle butt
    But project "PUG" was discussed at expo last year with me and my family on a private tour.

Attachments photo.JPG (303 KB, 0 downloads) 1 day old

The main question regarding next pin is not, 'will it be Avengers?' but will it have an LCD screen????

Also as it is Borg, hoping it has kicker solenoid as in IM ( War machine ).

Nah, Stern cannot risk unlicensed pin.......I asked Garry. The distributors will buy Avengers but an unlicensed pin? No.

#70 12 years ago

I would love an GOOD Southpark pin. The first one is so bad. Being released in 99, it doesn't have any good characters from the later seasons. Don't see why they can't make a new one. Lets see it Stern!!

#71 12 years ago
    Quoted from acey99:

I would love an GOOD Southpark pin. The first one is so bad. Being released in 99, it doesn't have any good characters from the later seasons. Don't see why they can't make a new one. Lets see it Stern!!

Great idea, but it'll have to be called South Park Pinball Party. I'd buy that NIB.

#72 12 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

acey99 said:I would love an GOOD Southpark pin. The first one is so bad. Being released in 99, it doesn't have any good characters from the later seasons. Don't see why they can't make a new one. Lets see it Stern!!
    Great idea, but it'll have to be called South Park Pinball Party. I'd buy that NIB.

+10000000000000

#73 12 years ago

Muppets = Barf
    MIB = Cool
    Avengers could be cool or just another similar pin to what Stern has been putting out
    Alice In Wonderland = Awesome
    Star Trek is a great theme. Big hopes for this

#74 12 years ago

Oprah

1 week later
    #75 12 years ago
    Quoted from jackal2001:

mnpinball said:Whysnow said:Stern FB posts are just market research

Personally I think it's MiB based on the info I have. But nothing is confirmed.

#76 12 years ago
    Quoted from ozno:

Star Trek is a great theme. Big hopes for this

Probably be another turd like their Indiana Jones remake

#77 12 years ago
    Quoted from pin-tastic:

ozno said:Star Trek is a great theme. Big hopes for this

MIB could be very cool if done right. Of course, as always, theme is secondary to the fun issues...

#78 12 years ago

Sex and The City pin,,,verified!

#79 12 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

jackal2001 said:mnpinball said:Whysnow said:Stern FB posts are just market research
    Personally I think it's MiB based on the info I have. But nothing is confirmed.

You said avengers is locked in!? Are you now working for stern Jason your teasing us nearly as much as their Facebook page

#80 12 years ago

This is just bad for me. Someone like myself who buys and sells game so fast. Their is always something "New" and now with 3 teams making pins. Ughhhhhhhh.
    I will be interested in the Avengers and MIB both. TZ and Tron maybe on the chopping block once these announcements come true if they do.

#81 12 years ago

Harpo not Oprah

harpo-marx.jpgharpo-marx.jpg

#82 12 years ago
    Quoted from scooter:

PINBELL said:I'd rather see a Ghostbusters pin!
    Would be cool!
    I am hoping for another Star Trek by Ritchie/Sheats with LCD display and lasers!

I'll 2nd that!

#83 12 years ago

What happened to the X-Men rumor?

#84 12 years ago
    Quoted from LITZ:

Harpo not Oprah

I was always partial to Chico.

#85 12 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

It got X'd

#86 12 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

gambit3113 said:

It got X'd

What about the Avengers? Defeated also, or waiting for Avengers 2?

#87 12 years ago

Xena pin? Lol

#88 12 years ago

Fight Club would be cool, although it's 13 years late.

fightclub.jpgfightclub.jpg

#89 12 years ago

Perhaps a DARK SHADOWS pin?

darkshadows.jpgdarkshadows.jpg

#90 12 years ago
    Quoted from pin-tastic:

ozno said:Star Trek is a great theme. Big hopes for this

not if it's done by Ritchie / Sheats team.

6 years later
    #91 5 years ago

I really hope Stern makes a Men in Black pinball machine, I’ve been waiting years for it

There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-to-do-a-men-in-black-pinball/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.