Stern to do a Men in Black Pinball

Started 2 years ago by Jgel in forum Game manufacturersStern Pinball.



Stern to do a Men in Black Pinball


Topic summary

  • Started 2 years ago by Jgel
  • 60 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from markmon

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs





Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!



    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

    Check facebook


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

    Cool theme. I wonder if it will be based on all three movies.


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

    Just like Stern was doing a Muppets pinball, right? I hold no value in their Facebook postings.


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

    i hope not......


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

    Since spider man is already out, this is probably the only way to get the fresh prince theme in a pin!


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    Troz said:

    I hold no value in their Facebook postings.

    Exaclty


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

    The rumor list so far.
    Avengers
    Resident Evil
    Muppets
    Men in Black

    Does that cover it or did I miss something?

    If true should keep them occupied for the next couple of years.


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

    This has been rumored for awhile, but I have to ask... Who would drop $6K+ on a MIB machine?

    The first movie was good even though it was basically Ghostbusters with aliens. The second movie was atrocious and I suspect the third will fall somewhere between the two.

    It has potential I guess, but there are far better (and more relevant licenses out there IMO. I have to wonder if Stern has licensing deals set up with the movie studios and the studio then dictates what machines they make? Leaving the decision out of Stern's hands so to speak...

    I suppose at the very least the studio says you can choose from these (a, b, c) properties for your next game. Oh well. More money in my pocket for JJP's Hobbit pin!


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

    haven't you learned yet? A random picture on Stern's FB page means absolutely nothing.. it's just Jody getting a laugh.


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    bigdaddy07 said:

    The rumor list so far.
    Avengers
    Resident Evil
    Muppets
    Men in Black

    A Nightmare Before Christmas too


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

    out of all the rumored pins, i gotta go with resident evil followed by Avengers for my wish.


    dung

    Pinball addict
    1,382,100 2
    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

    Resident Evil seems like a bad choice since the movies have been done to death. Games are still good, but movies not so much.

    Avengers is realistic.
    Muppets movie came and went without much fanfare (I saw it, and while enjoyed it kept going wtf)
    MIB is a possibility, it will be a big deal, but hope it is better than the 2nd.


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

    I'd rather see a Muppets pin.


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    MrDo said:

    I'd rather see a Muppets pin.

    Please no.


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    dung said:

    Resident Evil seems like a bad choice since the movies have been done to death.

    Pun intended?

    They also had a pic of Bane up there earlier, but it's gone now.


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

    Stern FB posts are just market research


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

    Whatever theme they go with I just hope they invest in the quality warranted for even the pro prices and put at least two coats of clear on each playfield. The recent clear they have done on newer releases is unacceptable IMO even at the price point of the pros. I am usually the one defending Stern but I really hope they step up to the plate and put in the effort to raise the quality of future machines and their playfields on all of their price point lineup not just LEs.


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

    my vote is for the big lebowski


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

    Ugh, this better be wrong. MIB was neat for its time, it would be so bad to do one now. Hardly anyone cares about that franchise at this point.


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    toyotaboy said:

    Hardly anyone cares about that franchise at this point.

    Yea I agree although they are coming out with MIB III this year which may be why Stern is considering it.

    davewth said:

    my vote is for the big lebowski

    If a pin maker actually made this happen I would have no option but to buy one.


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

    Heh would never happen...but being a SCI-FI geek would love to see a Babylon 5 pin.

    I would take out a small loan just to get it


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

    Really? Men in Black? Is this a joke?


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

    Avengers would make the most market sense


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

    I think its time for some humor in a new Stern game. The movie looks good. Sci-fi, Aliens, Monsters, I like it.


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

    All these pipe dreams about your cult followed movies are getting old. Your gonna get whatever big movie-TV-toys are hot right now. Get over it!


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    davewth said:

    my vote is for the big lebowski

    +2 - my dream theme, which is why I know it'll never happen..


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    Snowdale said:

    I think its time for some humor in a new Stern game. The movie looks good. Sci-fi, Aliens, Monsters, I like it.

    Agreed.. I'm not big on the them but you have to admit, it would work well for pinball. Maybe a vaccum-tube "teleporter" or something?


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    Snowdale said:

    All these pipe dreams about your cult followed movies are getting old. Your gonna get whatever big movie-TV-toys are hot right now. Get over it!

    Hahaa, no harm in them at all sounds like someone needs a chill pill.


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    jarjarisgod said:

    This has been rumored for awhile, but I have to ask... Who would drop $6K+ on a MIB machine?
    The first movie was good even though it was basically Ghostbusters with aliens. The second movie was atrocious and I suspect the third will fall somewhere between the two.
    It has potential I guess, but there are far better (and more relevant licenses out there IMO. I have to wonder if Stern has licensing deals set up with the movie studios and the studio then dictates what machines they make? Leaving the decision out of Stern's hands so to speak...
    I suppose at the very least the studio says you can choose from these (a, b, c) properties for your next game. Oh well. More money in my pocket for JJP's Hobbit pin!

    I don't buy pins based on the theme. As long as the theme isn't absolutely horrible then I dont care too much. I'm not an ACDC fan but ordered a premium because the game looks great. 24 isn't a great theme but the game is great. The Shadow was a cheesy movie but the pin is amazing. Johnny Mnemonic was fail as a movie but the pin is great.


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    The_Dude_Abides said:

    Snowdale said:All these pipe dreams about your cult followed movies are getting old. Your gonna get whatever big movie-TV-toys are hot right now. Get over it!
    Hahaa, no harm in them at all sounds like someone needs a chill pill.

    Sorry, Hitting the pipe in 3...2...1 Thats better, fuck it, they should make a Life Aquatic Pin man!


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

    Big yes on RE,
    yes on Avengers,
    Muppets is actually a creative idea but not my thing theme wise,
    Big no on MIB.


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

    Alice in Wonderland? Alice Cooper?


    PINBELL

    Pinball master
    3,467,650 4
    2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    jarjarisgod said:

    This has been rumored for awhile, but I have to ask... Who would drop $6K+ on a MIB machine?
    The first movie was good even though it was basically Ghostbusters with aliens. The second movie was atrocious and I suspect the third will fall somewhere between the two.
    It has potential I guess, but there are far better (and more relevant licenses out there IMO. I have to wonder if Stern has licensing deals set up with the movie studios and the studio then dictates what machines they make? Leaving the decision out of Stern's hands so to speak...
    I suppose at the very least the studio says you can choose from these (a, b, c) properties for your next game. Oh well. More money in my pocket for JJP's Hobbit pin!

    I'd rather see a Ghostbusters pin! They are making a sequel!


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

    RE yes...the rest of those not interested


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    PINBELL said:

    I'd rather see a Ghostbusters pin!

    Would be cool!
    I am hoping for another Star Trek by Ritchie/Sheats with LCD display and lasers!


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    markmon said:

    I don't buy pins based on the theme. As long as the theme isn't absolutely horrible then I dont care too much. I'm not an ACDC fan but ordered a premium because the game looks great. 24 isn't a great theme but the game is great. The Shadow was a cheesy movie but the pin is amazing. Johnny Mnemonic was fail as a movie but the pin is great.

    Then you're in luck! Many people are like you and theme is of little importance. For myself theme is pretty high on the list of things I look for in a pin, although with games like Tron and WOZ I allowed some of the other aspects to override my ambivalence toward the themes.

    For instance, I've never cared for ACDC in any way, shape, or form. Because of this I passed on the pin. If it were the exact same layout and been a NIN theme I would have been very interested and probably would have pulled the trigger.

    Different strokes for different folks and all that jazz.


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

    Wasn't there a Toy Story machine rumor too?


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

    Ghost Busters would be cool


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

    If you want to know what's next, go find that Aussie guy that spilled the beans about AC/DC here just before Transformers was released.

    He got his hands slapped, and retracted his "prediction". lol


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

    Wow! Stern thinking of doing a lame licensed game which will only have an appeal for the short term? Wow! Unheard of!!

    Jpop said on the recent Spooky pinball podcast that he tried get a gig with Stern and it's so effin' obvious the reason he was shut down was because he didn't want to make licensed bullshit. I really hope JJP keeps its promise of releasing half original themed games in its catalog.


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    Rascal_H said:

    Alice in Wonderland?

    Listening to interviews with Jpop, I think he plans on doing that one in the future after he is done with the Magic Girl and Zombie Adventureland projects. He built a design for one years ago and would like to make it and now is the time for these small run independent machines. Doubt Stern would go back to an old license for that.


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    Rascal_H said:

    Alice in Wonderland? Alice Cooper?

    There is a picture of Alice behind Steve Ritchie in that stupid promo pic of him with the horns on.


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

    Rascal_H said:Alice in Wonderland? Alice Cooper?
    There is a picture of Alice behind Steve Ritchie in that stupid promo pic of him with the horns on.


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    TheStranger said:

    Jpop said on the recent Spooky pinball podcast that he tried get a gig with Stern and it's so effin' obvious the reason he was shut down was because he didn't want to make licensed bullshit.

    If that is true it was not a good move by Stern. JPop has a proven talent for designing original themed machines it would have increased Stern's exposure and would have reached a market of pinheads that don't care for movie licensed pins. I think an unlicensed pin with JPop as lead designer would have no problem selling a large number of pins for a big pinball manufacturer.


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

    I've seen JPop's Alice in Wonderland pin up close, it looks great.. based off System 11. It's a non-working prototype sadly.. but you can see a lot of his design ideas in his current work for sure (ie. crazy ramps)


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    pinball_customs said:

    I've seen JPop's Alice in Wonderland pin up close, it looks great.. based off System 11. It's a non-working prototype sadly.. but you can see a lot of his design ideas in his current work for sure (ie. crazy ramps)

    I thought that one did work. The last time I talked to Mike (the owner), he said he had done the software for it. I assumed it was up and running....


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    Whysnow said:

    Stern FB posts are just market research

    Exactly. Nothing wrong with getting feedback from the masses. Good or bad it's scuttle butt

    Pretty locked in the next pin is Avengers FWIW.
    But project "PUG" was discussed at expo last year with me and my family on a private tour.


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    mnpinball said:

    Whysnow said:Stern FB posts are just market research
    Exactly. Nothing wrong with getting feedback from the masses. Good or bad it's scuttle butt
    Pretty locked in the next pin is Avengers FWIW.

    Are they trying to release this game along side the movie. Don't they usually release games several months after the movies been out?


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    davewth said:

    my vote is for the big lebowski

    +1. "Calmer than you are".

    Randy


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    mnpinball said:

    Pretty locked in the next pin is Avengers FWIW.

    What happened to X-Men?



Reply

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.





© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple