(Topic ID: 12522)

Stern to do a Men in Black Pinball

By Jgel

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

darkshadows.jpg
    fightclub.jpg
    harpo-marx.jpg
    images.jpeg
    photo.JPG
    devil-1.jpg
    Fresh-Prince[1].gif

There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 12 years ago

Check facebook

#2 12 years ago

Cool theme. I wonder if it will be based on all three movies.

#3 12 years ago

Just like Stern was doing a Muppets pinball, right? I hold no value in their Facebook postings.

#4 12 years ago

i hope not......

#5 12 years ago

Since spider man is already out, this is probably the only way to get the fresh prince theme in a pin!

Fresh-Prince[1].gifFresh-Prince[1].gif

#6 12 years ago
    Quoted from iepinball:

I hold no value in their Facebook postings.

Exaclty

#7 12 years ago

The rumor list so far.
    Avengers
    Resident Evil
    Muppets
    Men in Black

Does that cover it or did I miss something?

If true should keep them occupied for the next couple of years.

#8 12 years ago

This has been rumored for awhile, but I have to ask... Who would drop $6K+ on a MIB machine?

The first movie was good even though it was basically Ghostbusters with aliens. The second movie was atrocious and I suspect the third will fall somewhere between the two.

It has potential I guess, but there are far better (and more relevant licenses out there IMO. I have to wonder if Stern has licensing deals set up with the movie studios and the studio then dictates what machines they make? Leaving the decision out of Stern's hands so to speak...

I suppose at the very least the studio says you can choose from these (a, b, c) properties for your next game. Oh well. More money in my pocket for JJP's Hobbit pin!

#9 12 years ago

haven't you learned yet? A random picture on Stern's FB page means absolutely nothing.. it's just Jody getting a laugh.

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

The rumor list so far.
    Avengers
    Resident Evil
    Muppets
    Men in Black

A Nightmare Before Christmas too

#11 12 years ago

out of all the rumored pins, i gotta go with resident evil followed by avengers for my wish.

#12 12 years ago

Resident Evil seems like a bad choice since the movies have been done to death. Games are still good, but movies not so much.

Avengers is realistic.
    Muppets movie came and went without much fanfare (I saw it, and while enjoyed it kept going wtf)
    MIB is a possibility, it will be a big deal, but hope it is better than the 2nd.

#13 12 years ago

I'd rather see a Muppets pin.

#14 12 years ago
    Quoted from MrDo:

I'd rather see a Muppets pin.

Please no.

#15 12 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Resident Evil seems like a bad choice since the movies have been done to death.

Pun intended?

They also had a pic of Bane up there earlier, but it's gone now.

#16 12 years ago

Stern FB posts are just market research

#17 12 years ago

Whatever theme they go with I just hope they invest in the quality warranted for even the pro prices and put at least two coats of clear on each playfield. The recent clear they have done on newer releases is unacceptable IMO even at the price point of the pros. I am usually the one defending Stern but I really hope they step up to the plate and put in the effort to raise the quality of future machines and their playfields on all of their price point lineup not just LEs.

#18 12 years ago

my vote is for the big lebowski

#19 12 years ago

Ugh, this better be wrong. MIB was neat for its time, it would be so bad to do one now. Hardly anyone cares about that franchise at this point.

#20 12 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Hardly anyone cares about that franchise at this point.

Yea I agree although they are coming out with MIB III this year which may be why Stern is considering it.

Quoted from davewtf:

If a pin maker actually made this happen I would have no option but to buy one.

#21 12 years ago

Heh would never happen...but being a SCI-FI geek would love to see a Babylon 5 pin.

I would take out a small loan just to get it

#22 12 years ago

Really? Men in Black? Is this a joke?

#23 12 years ago

Avengers would make the most market sense

#24 12 years ago

I think its time for some humor in a new Stern game. The movie looks good. Sci-fi, Aliens, Monsters, I like it.

#25 12 years ago

All these pipe dreams about your cult followed movies are getting old. Your gonna get whatever big movie-TV-toys are hot right now. Get over it!

#26 12 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

+2 - my dream theme, which is why I know it'll never happen..

#27 12 years ago
    Quoted from Snowdale:

I think its time for some humor in a new Stern game. The movie looks good. Sci-fi, Aliens, Monsters, I like it.

Agreed.. I'm not big on the them but you have to admit, it would work well for pinball. Maybe a vaccum-tube "teleporter" or something?

#28 12 years ago
    Quoted from Snowdale:

All these pipe dreams about your cult followed movies are getting old. Your gonna get whatever big movie-TV-toys are hot right now. Get over it!

Hahaa, no harm in them at all sounds like someone needs a chill pill.

#29 12 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

This has been rumored for awhile, but I have to ask... Who would drop $6K+ on a MIB machine?
    The first movie was good even though it was basically Ghostbusters with aliens. The second movie was atrocious and I suspect the third will fall somewhere between the two.
    It has potential I guess, but there are far better (and more relevant licenses out there IMO. I have to wonder if Stern has licensing deals set up with the movie studios and the studio then dictates what machines they make? Leaving the decision out of Stern's hands so to speak...
    I suppose at the very least the studio says you can choose from these (a, b, c) properties for your next game. Oh well. More money in my pocket for JJP's Hobbit pin!

I don't buy pins based on the theme. As long as the theme isn't absolutely horrible then I dont care too much. I'm not an ACDC fan but ordered a premium because the game looks great. 24 isn't a great theme but the game is great. The Shadow was a cheesy movie but the pin is amazing. Johnny Mnemonic was fail as a movie but the pin is great.

#30 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Snowdale said:All these pipe dreams about your cult followed movies are getting old. Your gonna get whatever big movie-TV-toys are hot right now. Get over it!
    Hahaa, no harm in them at all sounds like someone needs a chill pill.

Sorry, Hitting the pipe in 3...2...1 Thats better, fuck it, they should make a Life Aquatic Pin man!

#31 12 years ago

Big yes on RE,
    yes on Avengers,
    Muppets is actually a creative idea but not my thing theme wise,
    Big no on MIB.

#32 12 years ago

Alice in Wonderland? Alice Cooper?

#33 12 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

I'd rather see a Ghostbusters pin! They are making a sequel!

#34 12 years ago

RE yes...the rest of those not interested

#35 12 years ago
    Quoted from PINBELL:

I'd rather see a Ghostbusters pin!

Would be cool!
    I am hoping for another Star Trek by Ritchie/Sheats with LCD display and lasers!

#36 12 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

I don't buy pins based on the theme. As long as the theme isn't absolutely horrible then I dont care too much. I'm not an ACDC fan but ordered a premium because the game looks great. 24 isn't a great theme but the game is great. The Shadow was a cheesy movie but the pin is amazing. Johnny Mnemonic was fail as a movie but the pin is great.

Then you're in luck! Many people are like you and theme is of little importance. For myself theme is pretty high on the list of things I look for in a pin, although with games like Tron and WOZ I allowed some of the other aspects to override my ambivalence toward the themes.

For instance, I've never cared for ACDC in any way, shape, or form. Because of this I passed on the pin. If it were the exact same layout and been a NIN theme I would have been very interested and probably would have pulled the trigger.

Different strokes for different folks and all that jazz.

#37 12 years ago

Wasn't there a Toy Story machine rumor too?

#38 12 years ago

Ghost Busters would be cool

#39 12 years ago

If you want to know what's next, go find that Aussie guy that spilled the beans about AC/DC here just before transformers was released.

He got his hands slapped, and retracted his "prediction". lol

#40 12 years ago

Wow! Stern thinking of doing a lame licensed game which will only have an appeal for the short term? Wow! Unheard of!!

Jpop said on the recent Spooky pinball podcast that he tried get a gig with Stern and it's so effin' obvious the reason he was shut down was because he didn't want to make licensed bullshit. I really hope JJP keeps its promise of releasing half original themed games in its catalog.

#41 12 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Alice in Wonderland?

Listening to interviews with Jpop, I think he plans on doing that one in the future after he is done with the Magic Girl and Zombie Adventureland projects. He built a design for one years ago and would like to make it and now is the time for these small run independent machines. Doubt Stern would go back to an old license for that.

#42 12 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Alice in Wonderland? Alice Cooper?

There is a picture of Alice behind Steve Ritchie in that stupid promo pic of him with the horns on.

#43 12 years ago

Rascal_H said:Alice in Wonderland? Alice Cooper?
    There is a picture of Alice behind Steve Ritchie in that stupid promo pic of him with the horns on.

devil-1.jpgdevil-1.jpg

#44 12 years ago
    Quoted from TheStranger:

Jpop said on the recent Spooky pinball podcast that he tried get a gig with Stern and it's so effin' obvious the reason he was shut down was because he didn't want to make licensed bullshit.

If that is true it was not a good move by Stern. JPop has a proven talent for designing original themed machines it would have increased Stern's exposure and would have reached a market of pinheads that don't care for movie licensed pins. I think an unlicensed pin with JPop as lead designer would have no problem selling a large number of pins for a big pinball manufacturer.

#45 12 years ago

I've seen JPop's Alice in Wonderland pin up close, it looks great.. based off System 11. It's a non-working prototype sadly.. but you can see a lot of his design ideas in his current work for sure (ie. crazy ramps)

#46 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_customs:

I've seen JPop's Alice in Wonderland pin up close, it looks great.. based off System 11. It's a non-working prototype sadly.. but you can see a lot of his design ideas in his current work for sure (ie. crazy ramps)

I thought that one did work. The last time I talked to Mike (the owner), he said he had done the software for it. I assumed it was up and running....

#47 12 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Stern FB posts are just market research

Exactly. Nothing wrong with getting feedback from the masses. Good or bad it's scuttle butt

Pretty locked in the next pin is Avengers FWIW. photo.JPGphoto.JPG
    But project "PUG" was discussed at expo last year with me and my family on a private tour.

#48 12 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Whysnow said:Stern FB posts are just market research
    Exactly. Nothing wrong with getting feedback from the masses. Good or bad it's scuttle butt
    Pretty locked in the next pin is Avengers FWIW.

Are they trying to release this game along side the movie. Don't they usually release games several months after the movies been out?

#49 12 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

+1. "Calmer than you are".

Randy

#50 12 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Pretty locked in the next pin is Avengers FWIW.

What happened to X-Men?

There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-to-do-a-men-in-black-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.