image-453.jpg
image-521.jpg
image-799.jpg
image-646.jpg
image-221.jpg
il_570xN.546319096_8w91.jpg
unnamed-1.jpg
image-387.jpg
There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

I'm taking the Hot Wheel version of the Bird of Prey and adding 4 LEDs to it. One for the engine compartment, one for the cockpit and one under each wing. The LEDs for the wings are not here yet. It will be attached with a translucent blue bracket. I only have it available for the Pro until I get a drawing for the Preminum/LE bracket. Supplies are limited at this price.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Mezelmods

image-387.jpgimage-387.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Wow, great price! I already have a bird of Prey mod but will you sell the bracket for the LED's under the wings separately?

#3 10 years ago

Looks very nice. I have a bracket for the le - can I just replace you bracket and attach the wiring to something other than the spinner - like a flasher linked to gameplay?

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Wow, great price! I already have a bird of Prey mod but will you sell the bracket for the LED's under the wings separately?

I might, I think what you mean is, can I sell the LEDs for under the wings separately.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

Looks very nice. I have a bracket for the le - can I just replace you bracket and attach the wiring to something other than the spinner - like a flasher linked to gameplay?

For folks with a bracket I could just sell you the modded bird.

#6 10 years ago

I would be in for one when u get le mount.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I might, I think what you mean is, can I sell the LEDs for under the wings separately.

Yes that is what I mean. However they mount so I can add it to mine.

#8 10 years ago

Looks nice with the LEDs in the front/tail instead of just underneath. Did you tie it into any specific lighting or just constant on?

#9 10 years ago

Don't forget the 'Spock's Corpse-in-the-Teleporter' mod...

unnamed-1.jpgunnamed-1.jpg
#10 10 years ago

Spock was fine until this happened.

il_570xN.546319096_8w91.jpgil_570xN.546319096_8w91.jpg

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

Looks nice with the LEDs in the front/tail instead of just underneath. Did you tie it into any specific lighting or just constant on?

The LEDs tie into the spinner flasher. Finished product will have LEDs under the wings and will be hidden from sight.

#12 10 years ago

Looking good, Anything I can do to help with the Prem/LE Bracket info?

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Looking good, Anything I can do to help with the Prem/LE Bracket info?

Yes, I need someone to draw out what the bracket would look like so I can fit.

#14 10 years ago

Did a quick setup of the underwing lights. Orange in the cockpit, red engine light, what color for the underwings? They are small LEDs hidden under the wing.

Taking input.

image-646.jpgimage-646.jpgimage-221.jpgimage-221.jpg

#15 10 years ago

Red would probably look good, red looks evil for the bad guys.

#16 10 years ago

The colors I have to choose from are orange, green, purple, yellow, blue and red.

#17 10 years ago

Okay folks I got one built up and man that was a PITA. The are 4 LEDs in this bird and the wires are quite hidden. It really is going to be a neat addition. I have a limited supply and congratulation to the folks that got in early.

I will get video hopefully up tonight hooked to the spinner flasher.

image-453.jpgimage-453.jpgimage-521.jpgimage-521.jpgimage-799.jpgimage-799.jpg

#18 10 years ago

How much are they? It looks great

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

How much are they? It looks great

Go here. Price sometimes changes up and down on a new product.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Mezelmods

#21 10 years ago

Tim, is there an LE bracket available for these yet?

#22 10 years ago

Would love to order when u get the le bracket. Just waiting.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

Tim, is there an LE bracket available for these yet?

If someone doesn't send me a sketch of the LE bracket, only folks with the Pros will be able to use this. I need detailed measurements.

#24 10 years ago

For those following this, I will be offering the Hallmark enterprise probably by end of week.

#25 10 years ago

Bird of Prey bracket is done. Wire is hidden from view in the bracket until it comes out the bottom.

image-988.jpgimage-988.jpg

#26 10 years ago

Has anyone done anything with the Klingon warbird hallmark ornament instead? They are featured during Klingon multiball.

#27 10 years ago

I am now getting help with the LE bracket. Not finished and fit yet, but it should be easy. These will start shipping end of next week as I have finalized the 4 LED set.

#28 10 years ago

LEDs for the bird are in the mail, so all orders will be shipped this Saturday or Monday.

#29 10 years ago

Any update on the timeline for the LE version?

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Has anyone done anything with the Klingon warbird hallmark ornament instead? They are featured during Klingon multiball.

I ordered one recently and it should be in the mail by the end of the month. I'm thinking of putting one in the top right corner of the pin somehow. Will post a pic once I get it in the mail and on the pin.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from Adydar:

Any update on the timeline for the LE version?

I am just waiting on a fellow pinsider to continue our discussion based on his pictures. Thinking end of next week with a verified fitting.

1 week later
#32 10 years ago

The birds of prey are finally shipping. My LED vendor was a bit late.

#33 10 years ago

Great mod. It took me about 5 minutes to install. Hooks up to spinner flasher. Lights up under the wings, tail, and nose. I have a Pro with a few other mods and The Bird of Prey complements the pin very well.

#34 10 years ago

Let me know when available for premium ill get one, thanks

#35 10 years ago

A second run of these will be happening this weekend. We still have a few in stock if you are interested! Stop by our new website and try ordering there! www.mezelmods.com

1 week later
#36 10 years ago

I still need help with the LE bracket, I need the distance from the center of the screw (attaches the plastic that supports the wire return) out enought to clear the wire return. In millimeters.

Here is the bracket I will modify with the right dimensions.

image-539.jpgimage-539.jpg

#37 10 years ago

LE owners, please help out! We are anxious to get these birds flying.... out of inventory that is.

#38 10 years ago

From the centre of the screw to the wire is 22 to 23mm. So I would say 28mm would be enough depending on where you angle it. Should give a bit of adjustment.

I mounted mine here though so it rests above the spinner. Not sure if it is better or not.

star.jpgstar.jpg

#39 10 years ago

LE owners around the world will thank you. Approximately how tall should it be to clear everything vertically.

#40 10 years ago

I took sandpaper and a sharpie to mine to make it look more like a beat-up, damaged ship. It helped alot with the "toy-like" look.

#41 10 years ago

2 left for these customized birds.

#42 10 years ago

If you have one for the LE I'll take it.

#43 10 years ago

Hmm, I put a question to OP directly, but I will take advantage of the know-how on the forum as well

I installed the Bird of Pray -mod, but for some reason only the beacon is lighted. When I was installing,
the wires came off from the jaws with which it is connected to the spinner. What I did, I tied the the small
black wires together and soldered it into the jaw. Might it be that something had gone wrong there.
Or could it be the way I have connected the Bird of Prey onto the spinner. Please have a look at the pics.

Thanks for your advice!

BirdofPray1.JPGBirdofPray1.JPG BirdofPray2.JPGBirdofPray2.JPG
#44 10 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Hmm, I put a question to OP directly, but I will take advantage of the know-how on the forum as well
I installed the Bird of Pray -mod, but for some reason only the beacon is lighted. When I was installing,the wires came off from the jaws with which it is connected to the spinner. What I did, I tied the the smallblack wires together and soldered it into the jaw. Might it be that something had gone wrong there.Or could it be the way I have connected the Bird of Prey onto the spinner. Please have a look at the pics.
Thanks for your advice!

BirdofPray1.JPG 182 KB
BirdofPray2.JPG 155 KB

Uninsulated clips? better off soldering them on for a start

#45 10 years ago

Sorry about the wires coming off. I do a pull test on each before it goes out. Looks like you have it on the same terminal, use the top as you have it and connect the other alligotr clip to the other terminal. You can also test it with a 9v battery to make sure all 4 lights work.

#46 10 years ago

More than likely the set of lights that do not work have the rectifier plugged in backwards. Install instructions are here. http://mezelmods.com/pages/install

#47 10 years ago

Yes, now it is working properly. When I was adjusting it, some wires came loose from the alligator clips, but I resoldered them and now they are working ok. Thank you for your advice!

1 week later
#48 10 years ago

Finally sending the final testing to my Premium/LE owner this week. Should be shipping the handful of existing orders next week.

#49 10 years ago

I would like one also for the LE version when ready.
Thanks again

4 weeks later
#50 10 years ago

The Bird of Prey for the Preminum/LE is now available. http://mezelmods.com

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 24.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-mod-bird-of-prey-by-mezelmods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.