• Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GreenLady6.jpg
image.jpg
540129_10151379240279244_1253543339_n..jpg
There are 306 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
#1 11 years ago

Well Stern its confirmed and long rumored to be the first LCD
Get the hype train rolling.
http://www.startrek.com/licensees

#2 11 years ago

Nice investigation! Steve Ritchie's we can assume.

#3 11 years ago

Ritchie Feres LYman yes.

#4 11 years ago

So the film comes out on May 17, 2013. Can we expect the pin somewhere around that time? Historically how close to the film have other pins been released?

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from Mateui:

So the film comes out on May 17, 2013. Can we expect the pin somewhere around that time? Historically how close to the film have other pins been released?

Ritchie was next in line but want/needed more time so borg is up for the spring. That would put Steve
up for Summer. I would say Its gonna be close to opening day i am sure. ST is one of the BIG movies for this year so i would hope so.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from Mateui:

All over the place. Just look at Avengers for example (hint... the pin did not come out at the same time as the movie, Avatar was waaaaaaay later etc).

#7 11 years ago

Oooh maybe we will see The Pin: Star Trek...

#8 11 years ago

Nice spot. I'd rather see Star Trek before Metallica but good things are worth waiting for.

#9 11 years ago

I'd bet this a 4th quarter 2013 release. I wouldn't expect a new game with LCD and newly designed backbox to come out any sooner. Maybe Stern will do 2 new models this year and focus on q/a and software....

#10 11 years ago

not once lcd..... maybe in 2015 imo

#11 11 years ago

Looking forward to this one. Give SR the time he needs to knock this out of the park.

#12 11 years ago

What does SR need to do to top sttng?

#13 11 years ago

thats the prob.... he cant

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

I'm sure dialing back the violence won't be a concern this time around. The new films embrace 23rd century action!

I'm wondering if we'll see two cannons again. Game will be fast.

LCD for sure! This license was born to usher in the LCD era!

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

thats the prob.... he cant

History is full of statements like that......

#16 11 years ago

lol given that sttng is the most complete game ever made imo and stern having a history of being tight the only company that could come close is JJP...

The only way he will come close is to put 2 acdc cannons on a SM playfield

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

lol given that sttng is the most complete game ever made imo and stern having a history of being tight the only company that could come close is JJP...

You're confusing company with designer. I'll take Ritchie at Stern over anyone else at JJP.

#18 11 years ago

Not interested in Star Trek movie at all. Just like most movies today which are horrible. Wish the game to be good but the last one with two cannons will still be better. Off to the next one for discussion. Yes great find from other user who found this first. Don't know how some do it but neat to know in advance. I still wish for an original title or wide body pin from Stern somewhere down the road.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Based on what track record? JJP hasn't even released a game yet!

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Stern needs to make this one a widebody for starters

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Not interested in Star Trek movie at all. Just like most movies today which are horrible. Wish the game to be good but the last one with two cannons will still be better. Off to the next one for discussion.

New Star Trek movies are great, and this comes from a long time Star Trek fan.

You have no idea that the new pin will be inferior to the '94 version. No one knows what it will be like.

#22 11 years ago

SR can beat STTNG by building on some of the modernization's of today's games with the features and rich aspects of STTNG back then. I agree it will be a feat to create a better game but, imagine adding in the color changing GI, upgraded audio, LCD animations, deep rules, and improved art package. All the while not skimping out on toys/features with that SR flow and speed. I'm not one to say this and would be more inclined to poke fun at this statement but, it could be the best pin. This has the highest probability of being my first NIB than anything to date, unless I finally buckle and get an AC/DC first.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

Based on what track record? JJP hasn't even released a game yet!

Must have been dreaming when I played WOZ the other day... Bad quality, crappy sound, thin cabinet with shitty decals.... lool yeah dont know what I was thinking..

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

Stern needs to make this one a widebody for starters

They will never make a wide body and it 100% will not have an LCD.... mark my words.

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

They will never make a wide body and it 100% will not have an LCD.... mark my words.

Widebody, unlikely. LCD, yes.

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

100% will not have an LCD.... mark my words.

0_o Monies on the line?

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from Napabar:

Widebody, unlikely. LCD, yes.

Maybe so however, they should do both and really blow away the masses. They most likely wont.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Maybe so however, they should do both and really blow away the masses. They most likely wont.

Both would blow away everybody for sure!

#29 11 years ago

Well this sucks.

...because I have no friggin idea how I am going to afford it!

I'd rather see no cannons. Don't go in with the intention of "topping" ST:TNG...let this be it's own thing. I don't want to see another HS/Getaway or T2/T3 situation. Steve proved that he still has it with AC/DC being such a monster game (which I can admit, even though it's not one of my personal favorites), so I'm not concerned about it not living up to his past work. Having Greg on the art and Lyman rocking the ruleset, I have all the faith in the world. Fingers crossed that they will have as much free reign as they did with AC/DC!

Hopefully this will debut the new system and LCD. It would be a nice new checkmark in Steve's big list of firsts. DO NOT RUSH THIS ONE! I see no reason to try to hit the movie release...if anything waiting gives them more opportunity for sound/vid clips, just like Avengers, Avatar, etc. Take more time to polish software, get the new system perfected, etc rather than rush for an artificial date. Not to mention that will give me more time to come up with the $$$...LOL!

I really don't want to sell anything at this point, but I might be forced to. Enterprise LE for the win!

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Hopefully this will debut the new system and LCD. It would be a nice new checkmark in Steve's big list of firsts. DO NOT RUSH THIS ONE! I see no reason to try to hit the movie release...if anything waiting gives them more opportunity for sound/vid clips, just like Avengers, Avatar, etc. Take more time to polish software, get the new system perfected, etc rather than rush for an artificial date. Not to mention that will give me more time to come up with the $$$...LOL!

+1

I'd really want to hear the actual actors from the movie. If they voice actors, I'm out! Stern is so inconsistent with this. I can understand if it costs too much....but games as recent as Tron have actual dialog lifted right from the movie! Another reason why that game rocks!

#31 11 years ago

Why do we think there might be LCD? who here stands behind that rumor?

#32 11 years ago

This will be the largest thread in Pinside history. Mark my words.

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

I do

#34 11 years ago

No hype needed, I'm in.

Ritchie + Lyman + good theme = pre-order. And this is the only team that I would consider doing a pre-order on.

#35 11 years ago

I talked with the guy at the Stern booth at IAPPA about Steve Ritchie's next pin. He told me it would be late 2013, he is on an 18 month development cycle. He would not talk about theme.

Bill

#36 11 years ago

Ritchie + Lyman = pre-order from me.

#37 11 years ago

I hope that Ritchie will do a premium for ST:ID

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Ritchie + Lyman + good theme = pre-order. And this is the only team that I would consider doing a pre-order on.

This I am agreeing with.

Who will be the first to ship a LCD pinball machine?

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

I think it's wishful thinking.

#40 11 years ago

What if...what if...it shipped with LCD before WOZ shipped?

Not saying for a moment that will happen, but if it did I think some heads around here would explode.

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from Napabar:

I'd really want to hear the actual actors from the movie. If they voice actors, I'm out! Stern is so inconsistent with this. I can understand if it costs too much....but games as recent as Tron have actual dialog lifted right from the movie! Another reason why that game rocks!

I bet they'll have to settle for studio approved actors like William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy.

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

No hype needed, I'm in.

If you were to bet it all on a certain Stern team that would just about do it. That being said I will never, ever preorder a game again

Count me in as one of those that doubts the LCD will come to fruition. If it does though I imagine the price will be insane.

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

What if...what if...it shipped with LCD before WOZ shipped?
Not saying for a moment that will happen, but if it did I think some heads around here would explode.

Won't happen unless they churn the game out before the end of February.

#44 11 years ago

Interesting. I would think we are looking at Avengers selling strong and a premium version for this game.

Another rerun of Tron.

Then around May for Borgs next game with SR in the fall as they may need actual film footage to put the game together which I do not think they are going to get until after the movie is released.

Think about this Stern is still selling AC/DC and a great pace, Avengers is a hit so why would they do 3 titles this year when they are lined up to sell a lot of AC/DC and Avengers.

I'm assuming X-men will be the first one to be pulled from production as please correct me if I'm wrong but Stern tends to only be able to run 3-4 different titles per year anyway.

Whats currently being run?
AC/DC
AVENGERS
X-men
Tron rerun

#45 11 years ago

I said I would never, ever pre-order again. But just this once I am going to. If Lyman puts his name on the code, I may still be interested in Stern pre-orders going forward.

Leaks like this will push the price of Avengers and XM down...just sayin.

#46 11 years ago

I see the next IJ4 coming!!! Gerry needs to pre-order this one

EDIT: SR is going to do what John did.
Just having some fun with this.

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

I said I would never, ever pre-order again. But just this once I am going to.

Every time...there's always some way people talk themselves into it.

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Leaks like this will push the price of Avengers and XM down...just sayin.

I think this will help rommy but Avengers and XM are going to be able to do this on there own

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I would never, ever pre-order again. But just this once I am going to.

Every time...there's always some way people talk themselves into it.

I promise after this one I won't do it again just to show my support. Really. This type of commitment is no problem for me.

why did I purchase 15 games and order 4 more in less than a year? oh yeah, I may have a problem.

seriously I won't preorder again unless...dammit there I go.

Ok look, it's this or something else. I love these things. Maybe i will hunt down that two flipper version of Paragon . Or buy that killer Baywatch that Matt has up for sale. That EATPM looks really nice too, oh and I am still hunting for a resto candidate AFM . I ordered an AC/DC premium from JJ from the latest run. Talking to Jim McCune I may have quite a honeymoon phase in store for me (and Hemi is just getting his, yeehaw!). Y'all prolly saw that HEP TZ , mulling that one also, but buying a resto TZ and having Chad squeeze it in would cost less I think.

Just reading that makes me sound crazy, just plain crazy.

#50 11 years ago

Wake up and smell the coffee, Mrs. Bueller. It's a fool's paradise. He is just leading you down the primrose path.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 306 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-2013 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.