image-763.jpg
image-805.jpg
image-929.jpg
image-496.jpg
image-644.jpg
image-906.jpg
image-859.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Here is simple mod to cover the gate assembly wire. I need add a bit more paint to smooth them out. I need 3 folks from the US to test these out for me.

It's a two piece part that simply clips on with a drop of glue. The color choices are endless.

image-720.jpgimage-720.jpgimage-859.jpgimage-859.jpgimage-779.jpgimage-779.jpg

#2 10 years ago

That to me seems to just draw attention to something I usually do not notice. Maybe it would work good in certain areas with a decal of something pertaining to the game.

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

That to me seems to just draw attention to something I usually do not notice. Maybe it would work good in certain areas with a decal of something pertaining to the game.

You bet, I agree. I can definitely get some really nice vinyl decals made if folks can agree on a general design.

#4 10 years ago

Yup. We're modding one way gates.

#5 10 years ago

I will test them on Ac/DC - red

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Yup. We're modding one way gates.

I believe those specifically are bi-directional so these are much more versatile

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

I will test them on Ac/DC - red

I will send the speaker, HELLS BELL Pro mod and this to you tomorrow.

#8 10 years ago

Great idea!

#9 10 years ago

Does the added weight of the mod on the gate ever stop an oh-so-slowly-moving ball?

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Does the added weight of the mod on the gate ever stop an oh-so-slowly-moving ball?

Its weighs .1 ounces so I doubt it.

#11 10 years ago

looks neat. going to see if I can knock one out in openscad and 3d print one to see how it looks on my tron.

#12 10 years ago

I'll test them! heh...

#14 10 years ago

I have my testers! They will provide feedback on these after they bash them for a while.

1 month later
#15 10 years ago

Here are the ACDC ones. They will also be available plain. Soon to be available in the store.

image-906.jpgimage-906.jpg

#16 10 years ago

Xmen, Tron ones?

#17 10 years ago

I have blue and yellow for Tron, but need inputs for the decals. What color for X-men? And what decal would look good? Working on Metallica also, decal already selected.

#18 10 years ago

Pic of Metallica. I don't dig the fire so much, doing something different.

image-644.jpgimage-644.jpg

#20 10 years ago

Tim, can you do something beside lightening bolts for ac/dc? I would also be in for metallica set if you could do the Metallica throwing star or M.

#21 10 years ago

What do you want and yes Metallica is coming!

#22 10 years ago

Flames that you weren't digging on metallica would match my lac/dc drums and Raptor flame speaker panel decal.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Flames that you weren't digging on Metallica would match my lac/dc drums and Raptor flame speaker panel decal.

Good idea. I will have the wife post them to the shop.

#24 10 years ago

I'm digging the flames for AC/DC. Might have to circle back when I get the pin fund back up.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I'm digging the flames for AC/DC. Might have to circle back when I get the pin fund back up.

Will be up on the shop in a bit.

image-929.jpgimage-929.jpg

#26 10 years ago

http://mezelmods.com/collections/what-s-hot/products/stern-flame-gate-assembly-covers

Returning website visitors who like our FB page from the shop will receive a special discount!!!

#27 10 years ago

Tmezel, I put "x-men logo" in google and got some great results. In particular, this one is nice and simple:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/estock/fspid10/24/36/78/1/tattoo-plans-2436781-o.png

You could do it in different color schemes for the different machines. I have an X-men Pro I would be willing to do a test fit on if needed.

#28 10 years ago

Good idea, got some others with some ideas too.

2 months later
#32 10 years ago

Great looking mod, nice job!

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Metallica

image-763.jpg 213 KB

Nice work Tim. Are they on your site? What is the link? Thanks

#34 10 years ago

Tim,i am waiting for you to add those MetallicA on your site,i need those

#36 10 years ago

I have seen them on Tmezel Metallica in person . And they are bad ass.

#37 10 years ago

Yeah, XMen too please.

#38 10 years ago

I can't sell the Metallica decals. I don't know if there is a work around. I need to figure out something good for Xmen. The gates are cool and when you have them, you never want to see that wire gates again.

Keep the ideas coming.

#39 10 years ago

Can you sell the gate which comes with a free Metallica sticker?

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from Nightstick:

Can you sell the gate which comes with a free Metallica sticker?

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I can't sell the Metallica decals. I don't know if there is a work around. I need to figure out something good for Xmen. The gates are cool and when you have them, you never want to see that wire gates again.
Keep the ideas coming.

I emailed you a ton of good Xmen ones. What ever happened to that? I especially liked the Deadpool ones I sent

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I emailed you a ton of good Xmen ones. What ever happened to that? I especially liked the Deadpool ones I sent

I don't think I can legally use that

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I don't think I can legally use that

Oh ok, I forgot about licencing. You're right, my bad.

#44 10 years ago

Just an aside. My son Jake and I had an opportunity to visit with the Mezel mod team while on a college tour. We can't say enough about their hospitality and commitment to the pin community. Thanks guys- Harvey, Jake and Leah

#45 10 years ago

Can you sell the gates and get your free choice of decals on the side. I am serious. Does that break any laws.

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from Nightstick:

Can you sell the gates and get your free choice of decals on the side. I am serious. Does that break any laws.

Calling all lawyers! Don't know.

#47 10 years ago

In my opinion, these Stern Gate Assembly Covers from Mezel Mods are the best buy of any mod for the money. They stand out on the PF and greatly add to the look of the PF.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-733.jpgimage-733.jpg image-631.jpgimage-631.jpg image-157.jpgimage-157.jpg image-127.jpgimage-127.jpg image-577.jpgimage-577.jpg image-24.jpgimage-24.jpg
#48 10 years ago

Thanks for the feedback James- glad you like the Tron gates. Interested to hear if other TRON owners like the design as well. We are happy to add these to our shop!
ps- love the AC/DC pics too! Nice to see those installed.

#49 10 years ago

image-717.jpgimage-717.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg I liked how the flames matched my raptor flamed speaker panel.

#50 9 years ago

The flames look great in the AC/DC- I've also seen the yellow/red lightening in Jamesdelores machine pics.

For those interested- we are offering plain gates for those interested in ordering for use with the M sticker.
http://mezelmods.com/collections/metallica/products/flame-gate

Please send an email to [email protected] if you have questions

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

16,500 (Firm)
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-gate-assembly-covers-mezelmods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.