• Latest reply 10 years ago by Eskaybee
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

st-nut.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Not sure if anybody else has noticed but the Vengeance ship has a tendancy to lean slightly to the left and angle that way. I wanted it straight on and level, so I played about with the black wire which seems to pull it to the left.

I fixed it by using a cable holder as in the pic. I put a washer between the inside of the holder where the screw goes through to give the black wire a bit more space and then put a nut underneath the cable holder to raise the cable up before attaching it back to the plastic.

Result is a perfectly aligned ship that returns to the same position after being defeated.

st-nut.jpgst-nut.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Really though what is "level" in space...

#3 10 years ago

Not sure about space but alignment in relationship to a playfield is nice but yeah I get your point, some might prefer it leaning or off center.

#4 10 years ago

Im just kidding it would drive me nuts too!

1 week later
#5 10 years ago

thanks for the hint, I was also trying to figure out why the vengeance is leaning to the left and it really seems to be the cable!

but I am not sure how you actually modified it. maybe I can't figure it out due to the angle of the picture.
When I look at your attached picture, it seems that the cable is fixed with a second holder on the second screw, but if I would attach the cable there, the vengeance would not be able to move forward/down enough as the cable needs room to move there. or does the cable make a curve now between those two points where you attached it? I don't really get it.. would be nice to see another pic from a different angle if possible.

btw, for anyone trying to mod the vengeance ship: watch out, don't pull the ship too low by hand while adjusting the cable! there is a point where the coil slips past the "latch/release" mechanism and remains locked in "defeated/down" position forever and does not return to normal state anymore (even via diag menu).

I had to remove the black cover plate to find out what exactly happened. it's also possible to fix this issue without opening the black cover, but it's tricky. it would be self-explanatory if you see it, unfortunately I forgot to take a pic after opening, so it's not that easy for me to describe the restore procedure in proper english in the coil diag menu there is something like "vengeance latch", but it only sends a very short pulse to the coil, not long enough to slide the vengeance coil mechanism back to normal position. so you have to try to send several pulses to the coil while trying to push/pull the vengeance past the locked latch. after several attempts everything was back to normal.

1 month later
#6 10 years ago

Mine leaned so much that the back right of it would hit the glass during shaking. Easy solution: I got a tech from the store I bought it from to come out and fix it. It is under warranty after all.

1 week later
#7 10 years ago

Being under warranty did you pay for labor??

#8 10 years ago

I haven't noticed this on mine. The mounting and functioning of the ship from Pro to LE is pretty different so I wonder if this is an issue for all models or not.

1 week later
#9 10 years ago

I put two bricks under the front and rear left legs and now the Vengeance is perfectly level

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from flx:

btw, for anyone trying to mod the vengeance ship: watch out, don't pull the ship too low by hand while adjusting the cable! there is a point where the coil slips past the "latch/release" mechanism and remains locked in "defeated/down" position forever and does not return to normal state anymore (even via diag menu).
I had to remove the black cover plate to find out what exactly happened. it's also possible to fix this issue without opening the black cover, but it's tricky. it would be self-explanatory if you see it, unfortunately I forgot to take a pic after opening, so it's not that easy for me to describe the restore procedure in proper english in the coil diag menu there is something like "vengeance latch", but it only sends a very short pulse to the coil, not long enough to slide the vengeance coil mechanism back to normal position. so you have to try to send several pulses to the coil while trying to push/pull the vengeance past the locked latch. after several attempts everything was back to normal.

Thanks for posting this. Happened to mine tonight. Coil test#56, repeatedly hit it every second while fidgeting and slapping the vengeance forward finally latched mine. Thanks for the tip.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-vengeance-ship-leaning-and-alignment-fix and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.