P1020917.1.JPG
STC.jpg
STB.jpg
STA.jpg
P1040193.jpg
P1040190.jpg
P1040182.jpg
P1040183.jpg
There are 968 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 20.
#1 10 years ago

Ok guys, just got back from Pinfest and have played Star Trek Pro at 2 different venues. One was set on 3 ball and one on 5 ball. I am uploading all videos (3 of them on Star Trek) as we speak.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4V9Vav2231Kl5Xkk4oKPNg

#2 10 years ago

Ok whilst I am waiting for the video to upload heres a few points:

- This is the best flowing Stern (DMD) ever made. Beautiful flow around both loops and both ramps.
- Both ramps can be back flipped.
- The saucer lock shot is brilliant. Finally stern have figured out to make a saucer hold the ball. I have not had one reject yet.
- The warp shot at this stage is just like any other combo shot.
- The shot under the upper right flipper is far far easier than that of SM and when lit allows you to start a mode.
- Photon shot just awards points (afaik)
- The sounds are true to the theme and are great.
- The modes are dissapointing. Same old light everything and shoot it enough times to finish it. This is the worst part about the game.
- The standup target to the right of the centre lock shot under the ship is the same as mystery on Avengers, the scoop on Xmen and the saucer on TF. When lit this adds a ball when in multiball.

#3 10 years ago

Really hoping the modes n rules are fun and mix things up.... Thanks for the feed back now get those vids posted :p

#4 10 years ago

WTF IS TAKING SO LONG?!?!?!?

Just kidding. Thanks for taking the videos and loading them up.

#5 10 years ago

Yeah soon soon. The modes are like shoot anything then 100k, then 200k, 300k, 400k... done. Then start another. For multiball ever shot is lit. You need to shoot them twice, then they all relight again. No super afaik.... But I love the voice when you make a jackpot.. First one is normal... then the voice extends to the more you get... jackpooot... jacccckkkpott.... Different pronunciations all the time. Thats fun

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

WTF IS TAKING SO LONG?!?!?!?
Just kidding. Thanks for taking the videos and loading them up.

Youtube says 220 mins... Sorry guys. I will get the first one up then upload the other 2 or more.

#7 10 years ago

Ugh..... This sounds like Lonnie coding rules really want to see some good code n modes mixing up the shots. This game will play like butter shots will all be smooth it's the code n rules that worries me. Thanks for the feedback overall did u enjoy it?

#8 10 years ago

I bet the rules end up good, but not for another year.

Not a troll, just the sad truth.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Youtube says 220 mins... Sorry guys. I will get the first one up then upload the other 2 or more.

Thanks for the update. Off to bed and will check them out in the morning. Once again, thanks for doing this.

#10 10 years ago

Yeah one of Sterns better ones. I love the flow the most. No annoying post to make the ball go in the jets. The modes were not that bad but hmmm quite easy to get to the mini wizard mode. The game looks great and the backbox is not as bad as it looks in the pics. The photon, transporter sounds are great. Theres alot of others which really fit in well. Definitely not the deepest game around.

#11 10 years ago

12% done on the video

#12 10 years ago

What is the fire button used for other than to start a mode?

#13 10 years ago

Lol nothing at this point. I believe that the bank of 3 orange target on the right give you yellow triangle which is a photon pulse, if thats the correct terminology. You build these up to a max of 1.25 mill from memory. Then when you press it all it does its award points. There appears to be no benefit to using this in multiball or in modes but this will likely change with future code updates.

#14 10 years ago

Another couple of things:

The centre drop is bad. About 30-40% of the time it did not go down. Grrrrr.

When you complete a mode you have the option of completing it for a second time. Not sure yet what the benefit is but I assume that the coding is similar to avengers. Do everything then do the mini wizard mode. Do it all again and get to the main wizard mode. Given that you have the option of doing all the modes twice it is safe to say that ST will have the same format.

#15 10 years ago

So Rich, to summarise, what you are saying ...

Its Spider-Man with Transformers ruleset ...

rd.

#16 10 years ago

Looking forward to the videos!!

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

So Rich, to summarise, what you are saying ...
Its Spider-Man with Transformers ruleset ...
rd.

Bang... Yeah but ALOT better flow. And better looking... And better sounding...

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Bang... Yeah but ALOT better flow. And better looking... And better sounding...

Did you get some game time on the WOZ Rich?

rd.

#19 10 years ago

Yeah.. Aside from the code, game play THAT game is worlds above anything.... Just amazing. The GI was an issue but the flow and the LCD...wow. When they get a good theme then its alllll overrrr... What an incredible piece of engineering that is. The only thing that I did not expect was the game time.... 4 of us played and it took 40 mins or so to complete however it was set to 5 ball.

#20 10 years ago

So, good that it is fast and flowing and sounds good. SR at his best.

Code sounds poor - and very incomplete. Are the new guys doing the code?

Lyman should be trying to get another Metallica update out

#21 10 years ago

Dudes, are the videos up on youtube yet?

#22 10 years ago

25% done Dirty. About 2-3 hours away..

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

So, good that it is fast and flowing and sounds good. SR at his best.
Code sounds poor - and very incomplete. Are the new guys doing the code?
Lyman should be trying to get another Metallica update out

yeah interestingly due to it not being a wide body the game feels like it has more flow and is faster than STTNG. I had a laugh when I found out that you can make the left ramp with the upper right flipper... Only problem is the ball can get stuck under the ship..

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

I had a laugh when I found out that you can make the left ramp with the upper right flipper...

Not surprising... you can do the same thing on SM as well.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

Not surprising... you can do the same thing on SM as well.

Lol not the warp (left ramp) but the Alpha left ramp... Not sure if there was sarcasm in this post....

#26 10 years ago

I'm not surprised flow is better, for it seems like this game is looping more than SM, right?!
Hope the rules are 'for now' and there'll be more advanced rules coming later on.

What about the 6 main and 18 mini-modes? Did you get any idea what the mini-modes are? Missions like combo's, real mini-modes? If real mini-modes: how do you start them? How do you see the progress of those (either missions or real-modes, you should know which one you've done)?

Thanks for the info so far and the upcoming videos!

#27 10 years ago

Great, videos will be up as I'm going to bed.

#28 10 years ago

Yeah no idea about the mini modes... I know that when I completed 3 in a row (modes) is gave me something like super spinner or super jets. I think its in the first video. Once thats downloaded I will have the remaining 2 on in say 4-6 hours. The current one is at 71%. HD quality thats why its taking so long...

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Lol not the warp (left ramp) but the Alpha left ramp... Not sure if there was sarcasm in this post....

No, you can actually shoot the center ramp in SM from the upper right flipper. Yes, it's a tricky shot and hard to do (and I suspect never something planned into the design), but the placement of the WARP/Venom & ALPHA/center ramps with the upper right flipper is very close between the two games. With that said, it looks like ST's adjustments will make it an easier/more intended shot - the ramp is an inch or so further back so the angle isn't as severe, and the entrance is larger.

#30 10 years ago

Oh one more thing. The speaker panel is not as bad as it looks in the pics. Actually the DMD sits very well within it. Its also tilted up at a ~15 degree angle towards to the player. The LE will look awesome.

#31 10 years ago

My friend, you either need faster internet... or smaller video files to upload!

#32 10 years ago

1.5 gig HD quality... The net connection is 144mbps.... 80% now... Not long!!! Yeah if it was not HD then sure it would take less time but heck the quality would be shit.

#33 10 years ago

it might be the first great lengthy startrek HD quality footage to date

#34 10 years ago

How long? Youtube compresses HD so much, even 1080p, that any bitrate too extreme just ends up being a waste of time.

#35 10 years ago

Ah well, nothing I can do about it now. About 45 mins till its viewable.. The 1st video is about 6 mins in length. The other 2 are ~8 mins. Plenty of time to figure out whats going on with the game play. Seems like a simple game.

#36 10 years ago

I mean how long is the video.

#37 10 years ago

Helpful hint from a videophile:

If you want to upload any video, and it's in a raw format, first download Mpeg Streamclip (http://www.squared5.com/)

Now when you import the video to the program, choose "convert to mov".

You can choose what type of video now, so scroll down until you get to h.264 and select that.

Now choose the audio compression! I believe Mpeg 4-layer AAC or something like that is suitable for youtube. Choose that!

Last but not least, choose the data rate of your new video. Enter in 4 Mbps (not megabytes, megabits).

This will not only make it upload faster without killing the quality, but it will also make it stream faster as well. Anyway, as you said, it's probably too late for this one, but next time!

PS - Thanks for acquiring video and sharing with us! Infinite internet karma to you! You should, at the very least, be crowned Pinside king for a day!

#38 10 years ago

Lol I just want to get into AV8's good books

#39 10 years ago

Ok uploaded. Just adjusting it to make it upright.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Ok uploaded. Just adjusting it to make it upright.

The suspense......

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

The suspense......

I know...I'm glad I just saw this 2 minutes ago...not 4 hours ago

#43 10 years ago

NOOOOOOOO an error occured. Try later

EDIT: OK, third click worked....but it's side ways! Meh. I'll enjoy it anyway. Thanks for sharing!

#44 10 years ago

l'll add the new link when it updates to vertical..

#45 10 years ago

thanks for sharing

#46 10 years ago

Turned monitor sideways. You have some skills. Thought I was watching Bowen with some of those live catches. Looks fun, can't wait to play one.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

The modes are dissapointing. Same old light everything and shoot it enough times to finish it. This is the worst part about the game.

The fact that it has modes this early in the software is a good sign LOL. Hopefully they will improve.

#48 10 years ago

Yeah uploading the other 2 videos now, which include multiball. The other vids were at another venue with less glare on the glass. Will post them later on..

#49 10 years ago

I like the dots for the most part....Nero mode dots are lack luster. Like the mission start shot too...having to put the upper right flipper up to shoot back into the shooter lane.

Thanks for sharing!

#50 10 years ago

Much better. Why Stern don't do this is beyond me.

And this game looks fast

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 968 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-game-play-video and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.