14 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 years ago by Pinhead76
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tirb2.jpg
    t1rb.jpg
    #1 14 years ago

Gottlieb sys3 is one that has been brought up lately as to be the 'indestrucable' system.
    ehhh? NO......

When all manufacturers got into SS machines, there hasn't been ANY system that could stand up to the "arcade" market. Ya there have been some that lasted an extra hour or couple of weeks without breaking down. Take into consideration that machines were left on for at LEAST 8-10 hours a day EVERYDAY! The heat and the abuse that an "arcade" pinball machine got was unbelievable! That's why I brought up that topic about "LOTS OF PLAYS ON A MACHINE" what is ALOT of plays?
    I would never even think of leaving any of my machines on all night long or all day long when I am not playing them! HUO what's that????

LOL....the most INdestructible system is the EM machines. You just have to clean them and maintain them. Replace some bulbs and a coil once in awhile, and make sure the main motor is working...and..........................
    Sandpaper and common sense is all you need to fix an EM machine........SS rocks, but EM is cool!

Buy one for 100 bucks and find out for yourself. It's cool when you see how componets worked back in the day. HERTIAGE ppl!!! The xylophone sounds are kind of annoying FOR SURE!! It's not as hard to fix a non-working EM machine as it is to fix a non-working SS machine.

I'll never be able to own a MM or TZ or any of those!...When everyone starts throwing these $50/free EM machines in the garbage, what's going to be a collectable then? (in for the love, not the greed!)

<My name is JBSCAR.....and I am addicted to pinball>

#2 14 years ago

Hihi. Well i think you rever to my post.

I repair a lot of pinball machines. Not the EM's because i realy dont understand them. But from all the machines i maintain the only ones that always boots and play fine are the System 3 flippers.The 10 em's always have problems because thay waren't played enough. But looking to the future EM pinballs will be the only ones alive. All parts from Solid State pinballs should be out of stock in a couple of years. But an EM pinball could be repaired with some paperclips

#3 14 years ago

The wonder of a paperclip!

Never jump a fuse tho...= danger

#4 14 years ago

Funny you should say that jbscar, I brought a nice game home last summer
    and after I opened her up - horror
    -and now I'm paying the price with the fallout of that bad move someone made

t1rb.jpgt1rb.jpg tirb2.jpgtirb2.jpg

#5 14 years ago

EIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEE!

true to that! CHECK THE MACHINE BEFORE YOU PLUG IT IN!!

anyone watch futurama? ZAP brainigan.....ZAP??????? (pilot into a black hole)

...uh.....screws......wow.....what a jumper that is......

#6 14 years ago

LOL

That are definetly slow blow fuses

#7 14 years ago

I agree jbscar, EM machines are great for those of us who can't afford SS machines. Plus, it is easy to troubleshoot and maintain them. EM's just have a certain nostalgia factor to them.....but, if I could afford it, I'd love to get my hands on a SS

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ss-vs-em-part-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.