Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Bay Door Open.jpg
Bay Door Closed.jpg

#1 9 years ago

This is part 3 of the LED modifications. Since I have a clear ramp, I decided to add some LED's to the ramp. I selected blue LED's. I used LED strips that had 120 LED/meter. I attached a strip on each side of the ramp with RTV. Then I glued (with RTV) a small rare earth magnet to the drop target (aka "bay door"). And mounted a magnetic reed switch adjacent to the magnet. So when the bay door is open (down position), the magnet closes the switch and turns on the LED's. When the bay door is closed (up position), the switch opens and the LED's turn off.

It really looks great with the miniature space station also lit up.

Dennis

Bay Door Closed
Bay Door Closed.jpgBay Door Closed.jpg

Bay Door Open
Bay Door Open.jpgBay Door Open.jpg

#3 9 years ago

That is sooooo cool I have no words.

#4 9 years ago

Very cool. So how about I make the ramp and you do the mod?

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Thats a great idea, I may be in on that!

I have the black ramp, that I spent 4 days repairing, it works great for now, but Freeplay40's plastic is wonderful!

I know the blue is hard to do, but I think it would look really great matching the upper play field

#7 9 years ago

I have a friend with a Space Station that I will ask to borrow. If there is genuine interest in a new ramp I'll do it. Will try to do this one in clear, blue and even black. If I do it in acrylic, I could do it in just about any color.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Quoted from Freeplay40:

I have a friend with a Space Station that I will ask to borrow. If there is genuine interest in a new ramp I'll do it. Will try to do this one in clear, blue and even black. If I do it in acrylic, I could do it in just about any color.

There seemed to be interest in Space Station ramps from prior post. Also people were interested in the miniature space station replacement. I would be interested in a 1-2-3 mini playfield for the Space Station.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm retired and just having fun with the mods. Pinball is a new hobby of mine. I have just 2 machines.

Here are my mod links:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/miniature-space-station-lit-up
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/miniature-space-station-lit-up-part-deux
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/corvette-drag-strip-under-lighting

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from DennisAZ:

As far as I'm concerned, I'm retired and just having fun with the mods. Pinball is a new hobby of mine. I have just 2 machines.

I remember when I had two machines..... not so long ago. Since then I've had around 60. It can be a very addictive hobby! The mini playfield I believe is an injection molded piece. Getting that reproduced is not likely unless an alternative can be figured out.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Thats a great idea, I may be in on that!
I have the black ramp, that I spent 4 days repairing, it works great for now, but Freeplay40's plastic is wonderful!
I know the blue is hard to do, but I think it would look really great matching the upper play field

May be you could get Art at Comet (OLDPINGUY) involved for supplying the leds strips, he may have a connection for the ones you used.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 150.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop
Displays
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Strongsville, OH
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-station-led-mod-part-3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.