(Topic ID: 88071)

Sorcerer volume pot and right flipper wiring.

By Oneinchbiceps

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I'm trying to get Sorcerer up and running again for customer but I got two major issues that I need some help on. The volume pot isn't connected correctly. I wasn't sure how to get connected back by looking the schematics. I looked at my WW machine at my house and notice the two colored wires are on the first two lugs of the pot and the shield is connected on the end with a resistor in between it. Is that how it is on Sorcerer? I know system 11 and 9 are pretty similar in some respects. Anybody know the value of the resistor and the pot itself I'm not sure he's got right one. Also a picture of the pot install would be great just so I can see it.

Next up the right flipper has been messed with. I've got cloth wires in there and I know they were not using those in 85. I could figure out some of the wires by the schematics but I couldn't figure all of em due to incorrect wires throwing me off. I just changed the one that I knew wasn't in the correct location and just turned on the machine with a new fuse installed on the flipper board (old one blew on the customer) and hoped for the best. It didn't blow on us and it worked fine so hopefully it's all good now. I'd like to see a good photo of the right flipper original wiring to double check it's wired correctly. Anyhow any help would be great thanks!

I wish my schematic reading skills were better but I also think it's hard to think best when your at somebody house trying think off the fly. Any help be greatly appreciated thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 749.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 22.50
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sorcerer-volume-pot-and-right-flipper-wiring and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.