• Latest reply 10 years ago by SunKing
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“How well do you know the rules???”

• 100% I know everything there is to know 2 votes
    12%
  • 80% I am familar with the songs to album/tour for the song jackpot during multiball 4 votes
    24%
  • 50% No idea about the songs linked with album/tour multiball but I know about the songs to get me to encore 6 votes
    35%
  • 20% I only know how to get multiball. I dont know how the songs work or other features like super lanes/loops 2 votes
    12%
  • 5% I got no idea and given the amount of updates and how long its been out, I give up.. 1 vote
    6%
  • 0% Never played it 2 votes
    12%

(17 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo.JPG
#1 11 years ago

Ok this game is doing my f%^n head in. I have watched the following videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=G3WKfrjHvE8#!

And:

http://pinball.org/videos/tournament/gameworks/gameworks-2012-acdc/

Now with Keiths video I noticed the following:

3:40 he starts Album MB with "Whole Lotts Rosie" playing.
Has 2 bell shots set up and hits the bell starting 2X at the beginning of Multiball
On the 4th jackpot (I believe) he gets the song jackpot awarded at 3X being the current bell multiplier value

7:45 gets Tour NB going with TNT as the song.
Gets 2X playfield going then gets 3 loop jackpots.
Looses a ball then uses a VIP pass which I assume awards a 4th jackpot and 2X the song jackpot at the same time???

Now Bowen I believe in some earlier videos said that if you combine the jackpot (tour) with the song playing it will award a bonus... Is this is the key to getting the song jackpot???

I made a list of the following tours and songs played:

High Voltage (1975) (Australia only, internationally re-issued in 1976 as a selection of tracks from the first two albums)

"Baby, Please Don't Go" (Big Joe Williams) – 4:50
"She's Got Balls" – 4:51
"Little Lover" – 5:39
"Stick Around" – 4:44
"Soul Stripper" (A. Young, M. Young) – 6:25
"You Ain't Got a Hold on Me" – 3:31
"Love Song" – 5:14
"Show Business" – 4:46

T.N.T. (1975) (Australia only)

"It's a Long Way to the Top (If You Wanna Rock 'n' Roll)" – 5:15
"Rock 'n' Roll Singer" – 5:04
"The Jack" – 5:52
"Live Wire" – 5:49
"T.N.T." – 3:34 <==== song associated with tour...
"Rocker" – 2:55
"Can I Sit Next to You Girl" (Young, Young) – 4:12
"High Voltage" – 4:22
"School Days" (Chuck Berry) – 5:23

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (1976)

1. "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap" 4:13
2. "Ain't No Fun (Waiting 'Round to Be a Millionaire)" 7:31
3. "There's Gonna Be Some Rockin'" 3:17
4. "Problem Child" 5:46
Side two
No. Title Length
1. "Squealer" 5:18
2. "Big Balls" 2:40
3. "R.I.P. (Rock in Peace)" 3:36
4. "Ride On" 5:53
5. "Jailbreak"

Let There Be Rock (1977)

No. Title Length
1. "Go Down" (5:20 for vinyl) 5:33
2. "Dog Eat Dog" 3:35
3. "Let There Be Rock" 6:07
4. "Bad Boy Boogie" 4:28
5. "Overdose" 6:09
6. "Crabsody in Blue" 4:45
7. "Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be" 4:15
8. "Whole Lotta Rosie" 5:22

No. Title Length
1. "Go Down" (Length 5:18 for vinyl) 5:31
2. "Dog Eat Dog" 3:34
3. "Let There Be Rock" 6:06
4. "Bad Boy Boogie" 4:27
Side Two
No. Title Length
1. "Problem Child" 5:24
2. "Overdose" 6:09
3. "Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be" (Length 4:21 for vinyl) 4:14
4. "Whole Lotta Rosie"

Powerage (1978)

No. Title Length
1. "Highway to Hell" 3:28
2. "Girls Got Rhythm" 3:23
3. "Walk All Over You" 5:10
4. "Touch Too Much" 4:27
5. "Beating Around the Bush" 3:56
Side Two
No. Title Length
1. "Shot Down in Flames" 3:22
2. "Get It Hot" 2:34
3. "If You Want Blood (You've Got It)" 4:37
4. "Love Hungry Man" 4:17
5. "Night Prowler"

Highway to Hell (1979)

"Hells Bells" – 5:10
"Shoot to Thrill" – 5:17
"What Do You Do for Money Honey" – 3:33
"Given the Dog a Bone"[25] – 3:30
"Let Me Put My Love into You" – 4:16

Side two

"Back in Black" – 4:14
"You Shook Me All Night Long" – 3:30
"Have a Drink on Me" – 3:57
"Shake a Leg" – 4:06
"Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution" – 4:15

Back in Black (1980)

For Those About to Rock We Salute You (1981)

1. "For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)" 5:44
2. "Put the Finger on You" 3:25
3. "Let's Get It Up" 3:54
4. "Inject the Venom" 3:30
5. "Snowballed" 3:23
6. "Evil Walks" 4:23
7. "C.O.D." 3:19
8. "Breaking the Rules" 4:23
9. "Night of the Long Knives" 3:25
10. "Spellbound"

Flick of the Switch (1983)

1. "Rising Power" 3:43
2. "This House Is on Fire" 3:23
3. "Flick of the Switch" 3:13
4. "Nervous Shakedown" 4:27
5. "Landslide" 3:57
6. "Guns for Hire" 3:24
7. "Deep in the Hole" 3:19
8. "Bedlam in Belgium" 3:52
9. "Badlands" 3:38
10. "Brain Shake"

Fly on the Wall (1985)

1. "Fly on the Wall" 3:44
2. "Shake Your Foundations" 4:10
3. "First Blood" 3:46
4. "Danger" 4:22
5. "Sink the Pink" 4:15
6. "Playing With Girls" 3:44
7. "Stand Up" 3:53
8. "Hell or High Water" 4:32
9. "Back in Business" 4:24
10. "Send for the Man"

Blow Up Your Video (1988)

1. "Heatseeker" 3:50
2. "That's the Way I Wanna Rock 'n' Roll" 3:45
3. "Meanstreak" 4:08
4. "Go Zone" 4:26
5. "Kissin' Dynamite" 3:58
6. "Nick of Time" 4:16
7. "Some Sin for Nuthin'" 4:11
8. "Ruff Stuff" 4:28
9. "Two's Up" 5:19
10. "This Means War"

The Razors Edge (1990)

1. "Thunderstruck" 4:52
2. "Fire Your Guns" 2:53
3. "Moneytalks" 3:48
4. "The Razors Edge" 4:22
5. "Mistress for Christmas" 3:59
6. "Rock Your Heart Out" 4:06
7. "Are You Ready" 4:10
8. "Got You by the Balls" 4:30
9. "Shot of Love" 3:56
10. "Let's Make It" 3:32
11. "Goodbye & Good Riddance to Bad Luck" 3:13
12. "If You Dare"

Ballbreaker (1995)

1. "Hard as a Rock" 4:31
2. "Cover You in Oil" 4:32
3. "The Furor" 4:10
4. "Boogie Man" 4:07
5. "The Honey Roll" 5:34
6. "Burnin' Alive" 5:05
7. "Hail Caesar" 5:14
8. "Love Bomb" 3:14
9. "Caught With Your Pants Down" 4:14
10. "Whiskey on the Rocks" 4:35
11. "Ballbreaker"

Stiff Upper Lip (2000)

1. "Stiff Upper Lip" 3:34
2. "Meltdown" 3:41
3. "House of Jazz" 3:56
4. "Hold Me Back" 3:59
5. "Safe in New York City" 3:59
6. "Can't Stand Still" 3:41
7. "Can't Stop Rock 'n' Roll" 4:02
8. "Satellite Blues" 3:47
9. "Damned" 3:52
10. "Come and Get It" 4:02
11. "All Screwed Up" 4:36
12. "Give It Up"

Black Ice (2008)

1. "Rock 'n' Roll Train" 4:21
2. "Skies on Fire" 3:34
3. "Big Jack" 3:57
4. "Anything Goes" 3:22
5. "War Machine" 3:09
6. "Smash 'n' Grab" 4:06
7. "Spoilin' for a Fight" 3:17
8. "Wheels" 3:28
9. "Decibel" 3:34
10. "Stormy May Day" 3:10
11. "She Likes Rock 'n' Roll" 3:53
12. "Money Made" 4:15
13. "Rock 'n' Roll Dream" 4:41
14. "Rocking All the Way" 3:22
15. "Black Ice"

Am I looking too much into it????? My question is how in the above videos is the song jackpot awarded????

#2 11 years ago

There is an order of the song jackpots for both tour and album MB listed on pinballreviews.com

#4 11 years ago

Also as to what you asked about in Keith's video in tour MB as in any of the other MB's using the VIP will award the next most important shot in the game so I'm assuming when Keith used it the next loop shot was the one that coincided with the song he was playing which awarded him the song jackpot.

There are many threads in which the rules have been discussed you may want to look up and Keith has also commented on how many of the jackpots are possible.

There is a huge learning curve for ACDC. Maybe one of the most complex rulesets in all of pinball. Good luck trying to figure it all out.

#5 11 years ago

Therefore if you need 5 jackpots to get the song jackpot, does a double jackpot = 1 or 2 jackpots?? EG: 2 doubles and one single jackpot and you get there.

#6 11 years ago

Double Jackpot just refers to the score you get; you get this by making any set of targets in order.

Whole Lotta Rosie, as an example, is on the 4th album, so you need four Album Multiball jackpots to get the Song Bonus. So, for Elwin-level efficiency, get 3 jackpots, then hammer the bell to 3x, then get the 4th.

This also means you can get the Song Bonus multiple times, if you can keep track of where you are in the progress. If you can't remember but you know you're far along, pick War Machine or Rock & Roll Train, which are both on the very last album. If you think you're about halfway there or more, pick Thunderstruck, which is the only other song past For Those About To Rock.

The Status Report will now list what song or tour is next, during the multiball, so you can tell when your cash-in is imminent...

#7 11 years ago

Great explanation Bowen. I wonder if a 12x song jackpot is possible if the ball rolls over the super inlane (2x) on the last target hit in order (2x jackpot) of the 4th album jackpot when Whole Lotta Rosie is playing (song bonus) and with 3x playfield multiplier going . . .

probably not (it probably just multiplies the album jackpot only).

#8 11 years ago

Thanks Bowen, that was a great help! I have to say this is very innovative of Lyman to implement such a complex jackpot feature, Kudos to him.

Bowen given that the song jackpot goes off when you collect the jackpot associated with the song you are playing, would this mean that if you started Album multiball again and were running "Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be" at the time, does this mean that the 1st jackpot awarded would give you the song bonus or would you have to get 5 jackpots??

Quoted from SolarRide:

the super inlane (2x)

Regarding this, I noticed that it says the next shot will be 2X, I assume this is not a multiplier for the rest of the ball rather just that shot?

#9 11 years ago

That's right RGR it is one shot only like World Poker Tour's 3x hurry up shot. So, for example (v1.6 or higher), with 3x playfield running, Whole Lot of Rosie running, the 1st 3 album jackpots scored and the left "T" and middle "N" of TNT down in order (first the "T" then the "N") suppose:
the ball rolls over the left inlane switch with super inlane lit feeding the left flipper and the ball is immediately shot with the left flipper into the last remaining TNT target (T).

Obviously at least a 6x song jackpot (2x inlane times 3x playfield multiplier) is scored. But what is not obvious is if because it was the last drop target hit in order, will an additional 2x multiplier for hitting down the TNT 3-bank in order be applied only to the album jackpot or also the song bonus ?

And I suppose the same thing applies to KMEs post regarding the super target carem with the ball
hitting the last target of the 3rd target bank in the 3-way carem (hits one target bank then the next then the last target bank where that banks other targets were hit in order) when the other targets except the last were hit down in order (3x times 3x times 2x for the last target in order or 18x).

I doubt it is applied to the song bonus also, but I don't know for certain.

#10 11 years ago

Where was this post from KME??? Well I guess the sure way to check this out would be with the glass off. Helps when you own a game to be able to figure out how to play it.

#11 11 years ago
#12 11 years ago

sk8ball is Keith I assume? Thanks alot for your Help Solar...

Oh another question, I assume that Whole Lotta Rosie would be awarded for the same amount of jackpot hits whether you are in Tour or Album MB??? Jam as I understand it does not award song jackpots??

#13 11 years ago

No RGR it (and any other song) won't. Please refer to KME's (sk8ball) AC/DC link at pinballreviews.com (http://www.pinballreviews.com/acdc_songbonus.htm).
Referring to his awesome cheatsheet, you will see that in album multiball it is the fourth jackpot that awards the song bonus (when Rosie is playing) and 6th jackpot for Tour multiball. Your right, Jam multiball doesn't award a song bonus (that would be too unbalanced and no one with an IQ above 65 would play any other multiball) and is best played for a big JAM super jackpot by hitting 3x playfield ramp jackpot combos with one or two balls while the other ball is shot into the cannon to eliminate it from game play for a little while while you hit your jackpot combos with the other ball(s).

So 6X song is totally doable:

Prep work:
1. Get your VIP pass (or go for super skill 2 VIP passes)
2. Hit bell two times so that next shot will be two x
3. hit the 3 thunderstruck targets to change super mode to super lanes
4. Hit the required 9 song requests to light jukebox but don't cash it in.
5. Get tour and/or album ready
6. build up a big song jackpot with war machine (left orbit, live catch, rinse repeat) for pro or possibly a hell song on the lower playfield with LE
7. switch song to TNT
8. Start album and/or Tour
9. Bash the bell during ball save until 3X is lit.
10. a. shoot two left spinner shots if you're in tour mb and then hit the right ramp and toggle the right return lane for 2x and then shoot the left spinner for 6x song bonus -- this will put you at 300M even with just a 50M point song bonus
10 b. If you're in album mb hit two of the three TNT targets and then hit the right ramp and toggle right return lane to 2x and then shoot the remaining T target (this might possibly award 12x song if you manage to hit the left T and the N target and then the right T target after the 2x
lane hurry up shot at the target)

#14 11 years ago

Wow I feel so dumb right now. The tours and the songs during that and the albums and the songs in those hence the album MB and tour MB. I get it, I get it. Nice to clear that one up. And wow nice strategy. I will definitely check it out.

Ok so the thunderstruck targets light super lanes... This makes the inlane flash??? Supers lanes is the same as super loops? How is super targets lit again?

If TNT is the 1st song that would award the song jackpot in Album MB would it not be best to start on this??? thats if 2X is going at the time. If you started Album and Tour MB together with TNT running then would it not award the song jackpot after the 1st and 4th jackpots, or it is only one song jackpot per multiball feature?

Sorry for all the questions. I dont own the game and I find it hard to see whats going on in the DMD when I am playing.

Pinball reviews is Keith Elwins website??

#15 11 years ago

RGR, the thunderstruck standups switch the super mode (and then you hit the white notes to start the current super mode). If you're lucky super inlanes will be the flashing super mode to start out with, but if not you will need to hit the three of them at least one time to switch to super lanes and then that will be the super mode. And it is the super lane mode which makes one of the inlanes (or one of the outlanes for 2x bonus or up to 6x bonus if 3x multiplier is going when you drain) worth 2x. Super lanes are not the same as super loops,they are different super modes. The other super modes are super combos and super targets. They cannot be started at the same time, only one can be going at a time. Pinball reviews is Keith Elwin's website.

It does not matter if you start Tour or Album multiball first. So long the song TNT is playing, your 1st Album jackpot will score the song bonus (and most importantly will not deplete it) and your 3rd tour jackpot will also score the song bonus (and not deplete it). If you start both Album and Tour at the same time, what I wrote still applies (3rd tour and 1st album jackpot will both give you
the song bonus and it will not be depleted). The whole idea is to keep starting these multiballs and
get the song bonus, because it will not go back down to zero as long as you keep the ball in play.

So if you have it built up to 100M you can score several 100M song jackpots during the ball (and ideally have them multiplied via the playfield and/or super inlanes).
Just remember you cannot switch songs during multiball and that is why you can only get one
song bonus for each multiball per super jackpot cycle (you need to hit 20 more orbits to get back to TNT jackpot during tour multiball if you want a second song bonus for that multiball).

With that in mind RGR, you might want to intentionally drain back down to one ball immediately after getting the TNT song jackpot in your first tour and/or album multiball (that is don't hit any more orbit shots during tour multiball after you hit the song jackpot or complete any more target banks during album multiball after getting the song jackpot; intentionally drain all but one ball instead) and then switch songs at the jukebox (you'll get enough requests during tour mb to light the jukebox after multiball ends ) to their next song (let there be rock). Why ? Because it would
take you a cycle of about 20 tour jackpot shots to get back to TNT during tour mb, but it would only take 10 orbit shots to relight tour (and then just a couple orbit shots during tour mb to get the song bonus).

This intentional drain strategy is only worth it, if your song jackpot is quite big. Otherwise just try
to cycle back to TNT during tour multiball by hitting the left orbit 20 times during tour mb for a second TNT song jackpot.

You might also want to thing about starting JAM multiball with warmachine playing for the sole purpose of safely building up the song bonus by shooting the left orbit with one ball and cradling the ball(s) on your left flipper. If a ball drains, use your VIP pass to add a ball (unless you only need one red demon to add a ball) and keep milking warmachine during JAM. It is easy to get a lot of JAM multiballs, so you can build your song jackpot to quite large values via JAM (hit the bell a few times during JAM ball saver too to build it bigger and faster with a 2x or 3x playfield multiplier). It take some discipline to leave the jam jackpots on the table and just go for spinners,
but that is one approach to building a massive song bonus.

#16 11 years ago

Yeah I was thinking about the auto drain approach then getting the MB again and another song bonus. How many jackpots for Jam/Album/Tour do you need to get the super lit at the bell?? I guess if MB were started and the song jackpot was low getting jackpots in tour and album might be worth it to go for the super but then as you said getting the song jackpot in the next MB is better.

I agree with Jam that its worth going for the war machine etc to build the song jackpot but would it not be safer to select shook me all night long to have the ball go in the jets for a reasonably safe return to the flippers? Also getting Jam and Tour/Album gives you 4 balls but imo I think one MB at time is better to get through the song.

It appears also that you need both loop shots and both ramps shots and the bell to add a ball rather than 3 red arrows. I tell ya for such a simple game this is dam complicated and I have to say theres alot more to think abou than I originally thought.

#17 11 years ago

wow, this thread is making my head hurt. Tag for later

#18 11 years ago

One of the most informative threads about ACDC strategy on pinside thanks to Bowen, and SolarRide...

Oh btw solar I was watching Keith on youtube and noticed that he started Jam with Rock N Roll Train which allowed him to build the song jackpot and getting Jam jackpots at the same time. Not a bad idea this.. Oh anc I cant believe I associated lanes with loops... It was very late at night

#19 11 years ago

I'm not sure, but I think it is 12 for album, 20 for tour and 12 for JAM. You'll know you're close because the jackpot shot at 1x playfield and no combo enhancement will be 750K (that's the max single value). It's machine dependent but usually War Machine will feed to the right flipper for a live catch. But Rosie or Shook Me might be better on some AC/DCs. Keep in mind that War Machine also builds your song jackpot very quickly, especially as you get close to the 50K spinner max (or 100k or 150 K with playfield multiplier). That combined with the fact that it feeds back to the right flipper and advances you towards lighting tour MB make it a lucrative song. You're right about adding a ball using the white flashing arrows and the bell. I've added a ball just hitting the white flashing arrows though. Using rock and roll train and jam together seems like a good strategy, but once you're out of Jam multiball you are stuck building the song jackpot at the right ramp which doesn't advance towards tour multiball and that is what you want for a non-depleting
song bonus. Also War Machine builds the song jackpot faster than any other song. And you are also scoring spinner points along with it all.

On the other hand, if you are just going to go for a massive Jam super jackpot and keep starting Jam over and over again, rock and roll train is great and the Jam super strategy is excellent under
all software revisions. With 3x playfield combos during JAM you can get the super up pretty high.
I had it up to 40M. And the nice thing is it is non-depleting even from ball to ball. Whereas the song jackpot goes back down to zero if you collect it from the cannon or drain the ball.

Quoted from RGR:

Yeah I was thinking about the auto drain approach then getting the MB again and another song bonus. How many jackpots for Jam/Album/Tour do you need to get the super lit at the bell?? I guess if MB were started and the song jackpot was low getting jackpots in tour and album might be worth it to go for the super but then as you said getting the song jackpot in the next MB is better.
I agree with Jam that its worth going for the war machine etc to build the song jackpot but would it not be safer to select shook me all night long to have the ball go in the jets for a reasonably safe return to the flippers? Also getting Jam and Tour/Album gives you 4 balls but imo I think one MB at time is better to get through the song.
It appears also that you need both loop shots and both ramps shots and the bell to add a ball rather than 3 red arrows. I tell ya for such a simple game this is dam complicated and I have to say theres alot more to think abou than I originally thought.

#20 11 years ago

Yeah l'll work on both War Machine and Rock N Roll Train at the start of a game and see which is best. At this point in time I am trying to develop a good tournament strategy but I think down the track a 2 billion game is not out of the question.

#21 11 years ago

yep!

photo.JPGphoto.JPG

#22 11 years ago

^^^ wow awesome score! Great read this thread to guys its improved my score lol

#23 11 years ago

Nice work Keith!!! This included getting to Encore mode I assume?

#24 11 years ago

Lyman gets the award for most confusing game rule set ever! That's a good thing for those that own it as they'll be finding things out for months to come.

#25 11 years ago

Terrific job Keith. I wonder if the 4.2B rollover problem has been corrected for AC/DC ? Recall on Spiderman that it flips around 4.2B (there will be a 5 in the right-most digit of the score rather than a 0). Given the scoring opportunities here, I certainly hope so. Things have just been made even more ridiculous (in a great way) since as of v1.61 you can have a roving multiplier shot that is not capped at 2x (thunder struck targets enable this). Imagine timing the rove for a backhand to the right ramp so that it rolls over the 2x super lane on the right inlane for a right flipper for a shot at the left spinner with 3x playfield running during tour mb and hitting the roving white note. I wonder what the cap is. I could imagine starting JAM and then tagging the flashing thunderstruck targets during ball save (and afterwards with a ball cradled) until the multiplier of the roving shot is absolutely ridiculous. Then change the song to TNT after jam and start tour (being careful not to hit the roving shot). A couple of shots to the left spinner, avoiding the rove and then the 3rd shot at the spinner with the rove. Even ignoring trying to add the super inlane
it could be an extremley large cash in. It's not that hard to get 2x or 3x playfield and then stack it
with a large roving multiplier. The v1.61 readme file doesn't state what the max roving multiplier is. But it is easy to get 2x playfield and easy to get a big roving value if you use your ball savers to do it (even safer/easier if building the rove shot is allowed during multiball).

All this and this thread hasn't even touched encore . . .
The game is a masterpiece.

#26 11 years ago

Lol yeah hmm another thing to take into consideration regarding the roving multiplier. Going to have to read the 1.61 update thread to see exactly how it works/ what it does then find a machine on location with 1.61 updated. I too was thinking of the 4.2 bill rollover... Brian told me about this in Seattle.... Hoping that it cant be rolled at that point.

Hmm was thinking last night that multiball is great however I do not think the player should be penalized for not hitting the bell at 3X and have the multiplier go back to 1X... I would like to see it updated to 1X-->2X-->3X-->2X-->1X. I think it would be fine for it to go back to 2X from 3X given how hard it is to get to 3X in the first place.

Solar dare I ask, you have great knowledge on this game yet you have only just come on the site??

#27 11 years ago

Getting to 4.2 billion on ACDC may be tougher on factory settings then SM. I doubt this will be an issue for 99.9% of the people who play it.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Getting to 4.2 billion on ACDC may be tougher on factory settings then SM. I doubt this will be an issue for 99.9% of the people who play it.

Agreed, but would it be that difficult to not have it roll at 4.2 bill??? Pinball is endless as they say and just have a display that would allow "infinite play" even though it cant be achieved would be a statement in itself.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Getting to 4.2 billion on ACDC may be tougher on factory settings then SM.

Definitely. It's gonna take at least an hour to roll one. Even with a generous tilt and a good player.

Quoted from RGR:

Agreed, but would it be that difficult to not have it roll at 4.2 bill???

I'm sure it will be corrected on the new system. I do like the little 'cookie' they added that changes the ones place to 5 when the game rolls though. Quietly tells the world the game has been rolled.

What I want to know is whether the magnet under the bell completely disables the bell switch when it's being pulsed. It sure seems that way. Even a shot under the bell into the saucer doesn't award a bell hit. Also, I'm curious as to how long the bell (standup) target is disabled after a hit on the pro. Not matter how many balls you get banging around up there, you can never get two quick switch hits. I assume the switch is briefly disabled after a hit. Anyone care to take the glass off and check? Start game, repeatedly push bell target until it registers two hits, guestimate elapsed time, report back here.

If the magnet does disable the bell switch, scoring should be higher on a pro, all other things being equal (which they aren't). The magnet stay on for a long (seemingly) time.

#30 11 years ago

Yeah agreed. Given that the bell can swing alot this will not allow the player to hit the register a hit as many time as on the Pro. The lack of the rail from the left to right ramp on the pro would change the scoring as well. Also less jackpots would be scored on the Pro due to the ball not rolling onto multiple drops. I think it would be harder to get a bigger score on the Pro not taking into account that its a faster game.

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Solar dare I ask, you have great knowledge on this game yet you have only just come on the site??

yes, that's right RGR, I have some knowledge of the game and I have just come on the site.

#32 11 years ago

Well thanks alot for the time and effort that you have put in, I really appreciate it.

#33 11 years ago

Sure, no problem.

Quoted from RGR:

Well thanks alot for the time and effort that you have put in, I really appreciate it.

#34 11 years ago

I just have to say, HOLY CRAP!

Thanks for making the song jackpot list. Saved me lots of wiki time.

#35 11 years ago

Yeah like I have been watching videos of Keith and Trent and I still could not figure out how they did it without knowing about the associated tour and album release dates coupled with the songs...

#36 11 years ago

Solar, when in Jam multiball does shooting the album targets or looops go towards getting Album or Tour MB?? I am have noticed that when getting a bank of targets down it shows a msg but I am not sure what it said. Also when getting jackpots in any multiball does this value go towards the song jackpot??

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Solar, when in Jam multiball does shooting the album targets or looops go towards getting Album or Tour MB??

No RGR it doesn't. Stated more generally, you cannot advance toward a different multiball
during a particular multiball. Everything must be stacked beforehand in single ball play. It might show you a message, but no actual progress will be made. I would use Jam multiball straight up to build a large jam superjackpot via 3x playfield and combo criss-crossing on the ramps, in conjunction with war machine to build a large song jackpot, or to build up the roving multiplier (v1.61)

Quoted from RGR:

I am have noticed that when getting a bank of targets down it shows a msg but I am not sure what it said. Also when getting jackpots in any multiball does this value go towards the song jackpot??

If the jackpot shot in question also coincides with the song then, yes it will. For example if you have tour multiball and the song war machine going, the left orbit will advance the song jackpot and score a tour jackpot because they both happen to be lit on the same shot. Another example, if you have the song TNT playing and album multiball,
hittng the TNT 3-bank will score an album jackpot and also build the song bonus because they coincide with the same shot. if you have the song rock and roll train going and Jam multiball going at the same time, the left ramp will score a Jam jackpot and advance the song bonus.
I'm sure you can think of other examples.

#38 11 years ago

Well after a 5 hour session I finally got to Encore. Quite possibly the best wizard mode out there, Spiderman being 2nd. Not sure whether to go into detail given that the title of the thread does not mention it. It would spoil it for alot of poeple

#39 11 years ago

During this session I was under the impression that during MB, if I shoot both loops, ramps and the bell it would award an extra ball however there were times when I shot all 5 shots and it did not give another ball and there were other times when I would shoot 1-4 shots and it would. Still not sure whats going on here. And I still have no idea what the red arrows are....

1 month later
#40 11 years ago

From what I understand, you need to complete the flashing note shots from the current song to get add a ball. If you haven't started them flashing prior to multiball e.g. Haven't hit left ramp in rock and roll train then you would need to make six shots (left orbit, left ramp x2, bell, right ramp, right orbit).

#41 11 years ago

Great thread! I'm still confused as to how the roving multiplier works...

Is the general consensus to stack multiballs - to collect the song jackpot from both the album and tour multiball? Or would there be a benefit to playing them separately?

#42 11 years ago

Yeah I never thought of that... So I guess in Album and Tour you would get the song jackpot on the 1st bank and 4th loops if playing TNT... Not sure that it would be a benefit since its that hard to get the multiballs lit to start with and that you can get through 2 songs rather than one which gets you towards Encore... Hmm makes me think.... what are they going to do for Metallica...

#43 11 years ago

As great as the rules are for AC/DC, I hope Metallica isn't a re-hash of the rules or any other use of a music theme. Just my $0.02

3 weeks later
#44 11 years ago

One strategy I haven't heard discussed before is the giant bonus strategy:
1) manipulate as necessary to lock in superlanes
2) use JAM multiball over and over to keep getting outlane 2x/3x (yes it's hard getting the outlanes on purpose but by repeating a lot you can do it)
3) use Encore stacked with super outlanes to build up bonus to ridiculous levels by just shooting to add balls and never completing encore
4) ideal with 2x or 3x playfield going during outlane drains
5) collect bonus at cannon with 2x/3x playfield multiplier

#45 11 years ago

lol nice.. really need to get the glass off...

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from SolarRide:

One strategy I haven't heard discussed before is the giant bonus strategy:
1) manipulate as necessary to lock in superlanes
2) use JAM multiball over and over to keep getting outlane 2x/3x (yes it's hard getting the outlanes on purpose but by repeating a lot you can do it)
3) use Encore stacked with super outlanes to build up bonus to ridiculous levels by just shooting to add balls and never completing encore
4) ideal with 2x or 3x playfield going during outlane drains
5) collect bonus at cannon with 2x/3x playfield multiplier

Are you kidding me? I have a hard enough time just keeping the ball in play ...

2 weeks later
#47 11 years ago

Note to Self - Never play K. Elwin for money on pinball.

2 months later
#48 10 years ago

Bump. Poll added.

#49 10 years ago

It was good to go back and re-read this. Every time through, a little bit more 'sticks'. ....but I still voted at 50%. Lots to learn here.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

16,500 (Firm)
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/song-jackpot-during-multiball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.