(Topic ID: 56266)

Some nice looking EM classics just came up on eBay/other! :-)

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,642 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by pinhead52
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220325_121731 (resized).jpg
EKEM 5 (resized).jpg
EKEM 4 (resized).jpg
EKEM 2 (resized).jpg
EKEM 3 (resized).jpg
EK EM 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_3284 (resized).jpeg
Hermans-Hermits-Peter-N (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 10.32.04 PM (resized).png
6C006FCA-8C40-48D1-ADE4-DE1619B15E94 (resized).jpeg
4DB2B1EC-35DD-4CBF-A22F-AAD8E0E08419 (resized).jpeg
34C32548-2160-4CEE-BE55-F6B5E7471AA3 (resized).jpeg
7427C149-FD08-4B9D-B45B-FDC39BFCD4B1 (resized).jpeg
2569A4AC-A625-4ABB-B9CE-2BDDFD4C89AB (resized).jpeg
022DED1F-DB0E-47FA-A0D4-CC3AC023977E (resized).jpeg
4EBAC883-E2FF-4312-A410-BF53BD3CC32B (resized).jpeg
There are 6,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 133.
#1 10 years ago

Seeing there's already a CL topic similar to this, time for this one.

I'll start.

ebay.com link: itm

Seems like a good deal to me.

I would love to have this game but it's too far and no $$ right now so it's the double hurt for me.

What up? This one has been for sale forever and no takers yet?

This one ended and no one bought this for $50.00? It has been listed forever and keeps getting reduced but may end up a parts machine if someone does not contact this person soon and buy it. Great project and the main thing it's missing is the Backglass? Big Deal! bgresto.com could make you one for $200.00 if you have a scan. This makes me not want to here any more whining from folks about how no one can find a cheap project pin.........and this is a fun one to boot!

Ken

#2 10 years ago

I have contacted bgresto twice about my doodle bug backglass and never got a response. what happened to them??

#3 10 years ago

I would pass pass and maybe if you really like delta Queen =)

Just not great deals considering condition IMO.

I would be interested in beat time just for beetle mania but this one should be called beat up time.

Good examples of cheap machines though they are out there. Most people making this comment are referring to deals on top 20 games

Just my 2 cents

Thank you for sharing

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

time for this one.

This one looks real nice to me.
Reasonable price too.
harrisburg.craigslist.org link

Oxo.JPGOxo.JPG

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from dementedwarlok:

I have contacted bgresto twice about my doodle bug backglass and never got a response. what happened to them??

Best thing to do is to call Steve and see what the status is. I know for sure Clay was asking guys on RGP what the glass thickness was for Doodlebug so I know they are working on getting this done.

I sent them the front scan of Doodlebug as well so they most likely needed to get a back scan of the glass too. My feeling is it will be done very soon.

Maybe Clay will see this thread and chime in with more details.

Ken

#6 10 years ago

Ken - you saw how the EMs didn't move at A-town. I only buy very specific titles anymore. The general EM market just isn't there anymore. All I have left is Flipper Parade, World Fair, 2x Sittin Pretty, Mata Hari, Ice Revue, and the Fast Draw I got from you. The only one I'm keeping is Fast Draw because I love that game. I'll probably lose money on a few of these as well.

Scott

#7 10 years ago

Forgot, still have the Knock Out as well

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

All I have left is Flipper Parade, World Fair, 2x Sittin Pretty, Mata Hari, Ice Revue, and the Fast Draw I got from you.

Scott, I think you have the wrong Ken. I never had any of those machines and if I did I would have kept Fast Draw for myself along with Mati Hari.

Ken

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

This one looks real nice to me.
Reasonable price too.
harrisburg.craigslist.org link

What a great playing (and looking, IMO) game. Rest in Peace Norm Clark.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Best thing to do is to call Steve and see what the status is. I know for sure Clay was asking guys on RGP what the glass thickness was for Doodlebug so I know they are working on getting this done.
I sent them the front scan of Doodlebug as well so they most likely needed to get a back scan of the glass too. My feeling is it will be done very soon.
Maybe Clay will see this thread and chime in with more details.
Ken

yeah I seen on their website that they did a doodle bug I can wait. no hurry as mine is in pretty rough shape but not horrible

#12 10 years ago

Sorry, thought you were Ken Hall (EM Ken). Anyhow, the advise still stands - market for average EMs is in the shitter right now...

#13 10 years ago

This sold for a great price to the buyer and on my Wishlist.

Super great price to another buyer for this classic.

Ken

#14 10 years ago

Sure shot is a good game, a little easy, I sold mine for $500 Dec '10. Haven't had the other. Only EMs I've picked up in '12 and '13 is Mata Hari, Ice Revue, and Fast Draw.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Seeing there's already a CL topic similar to this,

I knew I should have trademarked the "catchphrase".

#16 10 years ago

This is one I would like to have. Decent Price for the condition.

ebay.com link: 1975 Williams Triple Strike PInball Machine WORKS PERFECTLY

Another Target Pool for cheap. Someone is going to have to do a lot of paint stripping on the Cabinet.

ebay.com link: Gottliebs TARGET POOL Pinball Machine VINTAGE

Ken

#17 10 years ago

Stay away from Wms unless you really know it is a good game - yes, I'm a GTB snob.

Here is the Ice Revue I picked up to save from the shelf paper...

// Error: Image 115316 not found // // Error: Image 115317 not found //

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Stay away from Wms unless you really know it is a good game - yes, I'm a GTB snob.

Some of you Gottlieb guys really have the blinders on. I'm not sure where this all comes from? I think you must all collectively influence each other to have that narrow mindset. Of course Gottlieb made many great games, the most good games consecutively for sure. With that said by limiting yourself to them alone your missing out on a lot of great games by other manufacturers. When I was a newbee I read statements like this all the time. I bought a few of the "great" Gottlieb games based on the hype. Most were good but overall I was somewhat disappointed. Many of the Williams games I bought on a whim with no expectation turned out to be as fun or more so. I really think it's subjective. If that is your preference I can certainly understand it. You're not alone in that assumption. Or if you're buying for resale then your probably on the right track.
Alex

#19 10 years ago

I base my bias on maintenance - once you work on GTBs, It is hard to go back to Wms and especially Bally - I'm dreading the restore on my MH...

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I base my bias on maintenance -

Ferrari's are maintenance nightmares, but a blast to drive!

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Many of the Williams games I bought on a whim with no expectation turned out to be as fun or more so.

I am a Williams fan as well. I remember quite clearly as a kid having the most fun with Williams EM Multiplayers, Star Pool being one of them. Currently I have 6 machines- 4 Williams -1 CC - 1 Gottlieb. I don't consider myself being biased with Gottlieb as they did make a lot of great games, maybe Chicago Coin as I remember even as a kid avoiding most of them were not fun to play, but to each their own.

Quoted from WeirPinball:

I base my bias on maintenance - once you work on GTBs, It is hard to go back to Wms

I have worked on a lot of 70's Gottlieb and Williams games and to date I by far feel that Williams games are much easier to fix and maintain compared to Gottlieb. Why? Because of Gottlieb and their AS, AX, BX, and Game Over Relays are a PITA because of their Make/Break Switches, not to mention their giant gear box in the Head of the Multiplayers. All hard to adjust, yet easy to mess up.

One guy who felt the same as me summed it up well. Williams games are the equivalent GM cars to work on while Gottliebs are like a BMW. I had both cars as well and yes it does apply IMO. My BMW was always having issues.

Ken

#22 10 years ago

My Cow Poke sat in a pole shed for who knows how many years. It was the easiest game ever to get running right. I went through, cleaned all the switched and steppers, fired it up and it played correctly. No nagging issues to sort out. It just worked and played like butter. Part of the reason I have a fondness for it.

My Quick Draw and Lucky Hand on the other hand were some real MFer's to get playing. At one point I gave up and put LH for sale. Chris Hibler got me calmed down and sorted out after a few phone calls (great guy). Brian Saunders has shared many a Gottlieb ressurection nightmare on RGP over the years.

I had a Stern Stampede (essentially Chicago Coin) after shopping it out it played flawlessly for the years I owned.

As far as maintenance goes I think a lot of it has to do with the condition you bring them home in combined with your repair experience/mindset. With experience I think you tend to develop an intuition when your accustomed to a certain manufacturer. After working on all of them that knowledge/intuition starts to meld together.
Alex

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I base my bias on maintenance - once you work on GTBs, It is hard to go back to Wms and especially Bally - I'm dreading the restore on my MH...

Idunno, I think the exact opposite in respect to maintenance. I've recently just finished working on a bunch of WMS games and now I'm onto to a GTB which is proving to be a bit more tedious. To each is their own I guess but I wouldn't condemn any manufacturer so quickly. After all this is about having fun, having an allegiance to one brand is only going to limit your fun possibilities.

I will say as a rather new guy to the pinball world it's great that people are GTB fans only as I can get some great machines (non GTB) for next to nothing, so all those who are GTB fans only keep up the good work.

Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

One guy who felt the same as me summed it up well. Williams games are the equivalent GM cars to work on while Gottliebs are like a BMW.
Ken

+1 Ken

I've worked on a lot of things in my life, from pinball machines to helicopters and in respect to Williams (GM) and Gottlieb (BMW) that is bang on.

#24 10 years ago

I also find Williams games easier to fix. No hidden levels of switches on the score motor. Switches seem to be larger and easier to adjust. I can purchase flipper links/plunger already assembled and not have to mess with the roll pins. Much easier to see and access the score reel switches. Many times free downloadable schematics are available.

In terms of mechanical design, I'll take take the Williams Ball Count and Player Unit steppers over the Gottlieb player unit. The out hole to shooter lane mechanism on Williams games seem to always work.. DC power pops/slings starting in '72.

Gottlieb had the edge on soldering though.

#25 10 years ago

Williams is the Ford, Bally the Chevy, Chicago Coin the Chrysler, and Gottlieb the Cadillac.

#26 10 years ago

I thought Chicago coin was AMC ?

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

They never made a pin that good!

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Gottlieb the Cadillac.

Same as a BMW in my book.

Quoted from Pin-it:

Hummm, I think you may on to something Pin-it.

Ken

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Same as a BMW in my book.

Both junk.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Ferrari's are maintenance nightmares, but a blast to drive!

To your first point.....I wouldn't know

BUT!!!!

To your second point!!.....I wouldn't know either

I'll keep driving my 69 Chevy CST10 so every other vehicle I drive feels like a Ferrari by comparison.

I have had a little of each of the big three manufacturer's Late 60's to late 70's EM pins. Of the three, I like the Gottlieb games if for no other reason, the sound.

To me, the Williams schematics and documentation is more thorough than the other two.

I like the Bally switch stacks on the motors and reset banks with the plastic ladder type spacer. Seems more robust than the barrel type spacers between switches in Williams and Gottlieb switch stacks.

The games all were/are fun to play, but I lean toward Gottlieb Wedge Heads for some reason, then Bally, then Williams. I have owned none of the other brands but I'm very open to it. The opportunity just hasn't been there yet.

#31 10 years ago

Back in my Towing/recovery days picked up many a Bmw s with a Chevy of course.
Bmw not worth the $$$ in my opinion,but $$$ for pinball machines worth every penny.

Quoted from Pafasa:the Williams schematics and documentation is more thorough than the other two.

Agreed,more/better info was supplied by Williams followed by ....

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

To your first point.....I wouldn't know

BUT!!!!

To your second point!!.....I wouldn't know either

I'll keep driving my 69 Chevy CST10 so every other vehicle I drive feels like a Ferrari by comparison.

As a mechanic for 30 years I had the chance to drive and work on almost every different kind of vehicle, and in the end I came to a conclusion that they are all junk. I own an 01 Tacoma, and it suits my needs just fine. But lately I drive as little as possible.

And in hindsight Bally is more like a Buick than a Chevy.

#33 10 years ago

Cripes, this thread. Jeep is better than Chicago Coin, Williams Grand Prix gets bad gas mileage, and 2" windshield wipers are difficult and annoying compared to 3" but they can be fun if it's a zipper-wiper machine.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from textrivers:

Cripes, this thread. Jeep is better than Chicago Coin, Williams Grand Prix gets bad gas mileage,

Jeep is better than most vehicles, too. And yes Grand Prix probably gets the worst milage. It has that gas guzzling four barrel chime unit.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from textrivers:

Cripes, this thread. Jeep is better than Chicago Coin, Williams Grand Prix gets bad gas mileage, and 2" windshield wipers are difficult and annoying compared to 3" but they can be fun if it's a zipper-wiper machine.

Imagine how clean your windshield would be if we were talking about Humpty Dumpty!

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

As a mechanic for 30 years I had the chance to drive and work on almost every different kind of vehicle, and in the end I came to a conclusion that they are all junk. I own an 01 Tacoma, and it suits my needs just fine. But lately I drive as little as possible.
And in hindsight Bally is more like a Buick than a Chevy.

Heh...I had a 1997 Toyota Tacoma that I bought new in March of 97. It had 137k miles on it (very low for a 17 year old V6 driver) Until some dipshit ran a red light and totaled it. Now I have to look at used Tacomas. I would like a new one but I can't warrant the price at 23-29k ish for the ones I like.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Heh...I had a 1997 Toyota Tacoma that I bought new in March of 97. It had 137k miles on it (very low for a 17 year old V6 driver)

The 3.4 L V-6 is a very solid, simple, dependable motor. Far better than the 3.0 L it replaced in 1995. I believe it was used up to 2004. All of their four cyls. were pretty bulletproof, too.

#39 10 years ago

That C37 is one that I sold to Ron. He is also unloading the Atlantis I restored.

Scott

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Drool, drool and more drool. I just drool each day that these machines are listed on EPAY.

Those are some nice machines you found Rat_Tomago on the higher end of the price spectrum.

Most look like plug n play

Ken

#41 10 years ago

He should really stop changing his prices on his machines--that's about the 4th different price on that C37. I understand bumping it for ebay to cover fees, but even on CL, he's had different prices, and not just adjusting downward. Up, then down, then somewhere in between, then back to the highest again, etc. A bit off-putting.

#42 10 years ago

OK, I'll play. This is a nice looking woodrail. Gottlieb Straight Flush
ebay.com link: Gottlieb Straight Flush Pinball Machine

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

OK, I'll play. This is a nice looking woodrail. Gottlieb Straight Flush

That one looks real nice and could be a fun one to boot o-din.

Wonder what his Reserve is set at?

Ken

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Wonder what his Reserve is set at?

More than I have left.

2 weeks later
#45 10 years ago

Here's one you don't see too often-
ebay.com link: pinball

#46 10 years ago

It will be interesting to see what that Hit The Deck sells for stashyboy.

Ken

#47 10 years ago

$900??

I have seen much better examples.

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Here's one you don't see too often-

Nice,no shortage of rollovers.

#49 10 years ago

18 watchers on this one. 1969 Gottlieb Spin a Card Project pinball machine
ebay.com link: 1969 Gottlieb Spin a Card Project pinball machine

#50 10 years ago

Yea, the Hit the Deck is a nice art package......
Too bad that is the worst part about that particular game!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edmonds, WA
There are 6,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-ebay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.