SDC10586.JPG
SDC10581.JPG
SDC10585.JPG
SDC10583.JPG
SDC10580.JPG
SMSL.jpg
SMeject2.jpg
SMeject1.jpg
There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 12 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

You have the BAC buildings coming this week Ice?

I do Jar! Hopefully get here tomorrow or tuesday.....I think it's gonna look great but we'll see

#52 12 years ago
Quoted from dug:

White rubber
Cliffy ramp protector
Upgraded sound Sub
Spidey sense mod
Doug

Attachments 034.JPG (411.9 KB, 0 downloads) 33 minutes old

Quoted from dug:

White rubber
Cliffy ramp protector
Upgraded sound Sub
Spidey sense mod
Doug

Attachments 034.JPG (411.9 KB, 0 downloads) 33 minutes old

What does the spidey sense mod do and where do you buy it?

#53 12 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

jarjarisgod said:You have the BAC buildings coming this week Ice?
I do Jar! Hopefully get here tomorrow or tuesday.....I think it's gonna look great but we'll see

Cool! Let me know your thoughts once you've had a chance to see it in person.

Quoted from DCFAN:

What does the spidey sense mod do and where do you buy it?

He's referring to the plastic by the Spider Sense area. The picture he posted is of the plastic that Back Alley Creations makes.

http://backalleycreations.com/bac%20main%20frame%20page.htm

#54 12 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

iceman44 said:jarjarisgod said:You have the BAC buildings coming this week Ice?
DCFAN said:What does the spidey sense mod do and where do you buy it?
He's referring to the plastic by the Spider Sense area. The picture he posted is of the plastic that Back Alley Creations makes.

I think he actually modified the rail to lead to the shooter lane.
Thats what it looks like in his picture.

#55 12 years ago

++ buildings train shaker and led's

#56 12 years ago

Its a one way gate that returns the ball to the shooter lane. The game has the software for this.
Its not a kit (that I know of) If you do a search on rgp there is a post that lists the parts you need and instructions. I was told that SM was to have this but it was removed before production.
Cool and unique mod.
Doug

#57 12 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

jarjarisgod said:iceman44 said:jarjarisgod said:You have the BAC buildings coming this week Ice?
DCFAN said:What does the spidey sense mod do and where do you buy it?
I think he actually modified the rail to lead to the shooter lane.
Thats what it looks like in his picture.

Oops! My bad. Thanks for pointing that out.

#58 12 years ago

Also new from me is (FINALLY!) a shooter lane ball eject protector that fits Spiderman, Ironman and Tron. I never heard such clamoring for one of these so here ya go

SMeject1.jpgSMeject1.jpg SMeject2.jpgSMeject2.jpg

#59 12 years ago

Your right Cliffy.......how could I forget.
I just installed the lane protector, fits like a glove.
Much needed on SM
Doug

#60 12 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Its a one way gate that returns the ball to the shooter lane. The game has the software for this.
Its not a kit (that I know of) If you do a search on rgp there is a post that lists the parts you need and instructions. I was told that SM was to have this but it was removed before production.
Cool and unique mod.
Doug

How did you open it up to go to the shooter? Did you cut the shooter lane guide(metal)?

#61 12 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

How did you open it up to go to the shooter? Did you cut the shooter lane guide(metal)?

Yes, you have to cut the lane guide and JB weld the one way gate.
It takes some time, but worth it.
Doug

#62 12 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Your right Cliffy.......how could I forget.
I just installed the lane protector, fits like a glove.
Much needed on SM

Thanks Doug! I forgot to mention a thanks for help from Dan Spolar and Mike Sinko. Great guys who really have a passion for the games.

#63 12 years ago

How long does it take/usual number of plays before shooter lane starts showing wear?...Does that work for LOTR LE too?

#64 12 years ago

OOOH!...Shiny.

Will pick one up at PAGG.

#65 12 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How long does it take/usual number of plays before shooter lane starts showing wear?...Does that work for LOTR LE too?

I don't own a Spidey so can't say how many games but Spidey is peculiar in that it has a painted area right at the eject. The pics I got from guys wanting this showed chipping of that painted block. I guess if you don't have any wear there you have to decide whether to let it get damaged and then cover it or protect it from happening in the first place. So you have to ask yourself; do I feel lucky? Well, do ya?

No idea on LOTR yet. I havent dug my playfield out yet.

#66 12 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

++ buildings train

Yeah, I'm thinking the coolness of these creations may trump any cluttering concerns.

Those things look amazing.

#67 12 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

Also new from me is (FINALLY!) a shooter lane ball eject protector that fits spiderman, Ironman and Tron.

Cliff,

As I've told you many times before: good show old man! (Order to follow tomorrow.)

Now how about one for my FGY?

Please LMK if I can help.

#69 12 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Cool and unique mod.

Is this the link you were talking about?

Key words: SM Spidey Sense Mod.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_thread/thread/458927a8a0a90489/3c798468e0cb8d22?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=SM+Spidey+Sense+mod#

TIA.

#70 12 years ago

Cliff:

Can you post a link to where I can purchase the lane protector?

#71 12 years ago

Who's got the "one eye" sling plastics?Scott

#72 12 years ago

Is this the link you were talking about?

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_thread/thread/458927a8a0a90489/3c798468e0cb8d22?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=SM+Spidey+Sense+mod#

TIA.
No thats not it. I can't find it on rgp...... It had a list of parts with part numbers, I'll try to find the list / instructions and post.
Doug

#73 12 years ago
Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

Who's got the "one eye" sling plastics?

RGPer Pugsotoys; here's his Ebay listing:

ebay.com link: SpiderMan Pinball alternate slingshot plastics

Also has them in black.

#74 12 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

LED doc ock tenticles/arms

I would love to see a picture of this! Did you actually put LEDs in the ends of the tenticles? If so how hard was the process to get it done?

#76 12 years ago
Quoted from ninjabones:

Cliff:

http://www.passionforpinball.com/

#77 12 years ago
Quoted from NM:

Looks like a bit of a flow killer to me.

Quoted from Cliffy:

Also new from me is (FINALLY!) a shooter lane ball eject protector that fits spiderman, Ironman and Tron.

Cliffy to the rescue yet again! Thank you Cliffy!!

#78 12 years ago

I have 3,464 balls through the shooter lane, it started showing wear after about 2,000 and I put a red mylar in there at an angle.
The wear started first on the right side.
Bad idea to run the white and black down that far.

SMSL.jpgSMSL.jpg

#79 12 years ago

I'm gonna defer to Erics awesome diver down tape! niiiice!
I don't have the stern ejects on my web page yet (along with a bazillion other things that are new) so just email me. Pete I need your address too, BTW, thx.

#80 12 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

I have 3,464 balls through the shooter lane, it started showing wear after about 2,000 and I put a red mylar in there at an angle.

Attachments
SMSL.jpg (210.5 KB, 0 downloads) 1 hour old

It seems like stealth protectors would be a good option for this kind of wear, and they are removable.

#81 12 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

Pete I need your address too, BTW, thx.

No problemo Cliffy will email it to ya.

#82 12 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

tracelifter said:How long does it take/usual number of plays before shooter lane starts showing wear?...Does that work for LOTR LE too?
Attachments
SMSL.jpg (210.5 KB, 0 downloads) 1 hour old
It seems like stealth protectors would be a good option for this kind of wear, and they are removable.

Probably a good idea before the wear starts, after so many hits the clear and the screening fractures off in one big chunk.
I cut that piece out of a SP PF sticker that goes over Mr. Hankey.
When it comes time to shop the game I will remove the white and black and end it before that area, repair and clear it with Diamondbrite.

#83 12 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

I'm gonna defer to Erics awesome diver down tape! niiiice!
I don't have the stern ejects on my web page yet (along with a bazillion other things that are new) so just email me. Pete I need your address too, BTW, thx.

Can't you bend metal with one hand and update your page with the other?
You need to learn how to multitask, get on it, yer burning daylight as I type.

#84 12 years ago

Hey Cliffy,

I am going to need the same Stern eject protector for my SM. If you plan on having them at PAGG I can pick it up there or we can just have it shipped if you are going to be shipping a few out. I will send you my email as well.

Thanks,
Loren

#85 12 years ago

Just got my buildings and train set in...buildings installed and train is waiting, have to get some spacers because the light is on a different post than what the instructions show so have to fiddle with it a bit....I really like the look, Matt does a great job!

#86 12 years ago

Just got my buildings and train set in...buildings installed and train is waiting, have to get some spacers because the light is on a different post than what the instructions show so have to fiddle with it a bit....I really like the look, Matt does a great job!

I just installed my buildings/train/sandman mods as well. The spotlight for Dock Ock was in the wrong hole in the plastic and I had to switch that to mount the train. here are some pics, the first two show thelocation of the spotlight before and after:

SDC10580.JPGSDC10580.JPG SDC10583.JPGSDC10583.JPG SDC10585.JPGSDC10585.JPG

#87 12 years ago

Here are pics of the buildings. It took me about 2 games to get used to the buildings covering the left trail, but they look great and I got used to them easily.

SDC10581.JPGSDC10581.JPG SDC10586.JPGSDC10586.JPG SDC10587.JPGSDC10587.JPG

#88 12 years ago

There is one thing I am going to have to go back and fix. Green Goblin's ass is rubbing on the building so I need to adjust his mount.

Next up for later in the week, I will be getting a Mckee topper and a new color changing/selectable lighting kit from pinballlife this week. In addition to that I am going to try a little add-on to the topper to give it a little extra something that it is missing. I hope it turns out well and will post if it is worthy of showing to everybody.

#89 12 years ago
Quoted from ninjabones:

Cliff:

Just email me at crinear at comcast dot net please

#90 12 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Mine is removable as well.

#91 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

JonM said:LED doc ock tenticles/arms
I would love to see a picture of this! Did you actually put LEDs in the ends of the tenticles? If so how hard was the process to get it done?

Soon as my SM is setup again and easily accessible I will post up a couple photos and post a little how to guide. But to put it simply I put a single red mini led in each tenticle claw individually wired above playfield to allow each led wiring to be hidden behind tenticles, but soldered together for a single connect below playfield. Ideally I plan to try and wire them all into the flasher so they all flash in sync with doc flasher during MB build up and start and to also wire them individually into his inserts - plan on putting LEDs in my SM so I will loose the 3 levels of the incandescents but at least with doc I can possibly use his claw leds as reference aswell as inserts in front of him. Whether those plans will work I'll find out

#92 12 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Soon as my SM is setup again and easily accessible I will post up a couple photos and post a little how to guide.

That would be much appreciated. It's always nice to see what other pinheads have come up with.

#93 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

JonM said:Soon as my SM is setup again and easily accessible I will post up a couple photos and post a little how to guide.
That would be much appreciated. It's always nice to see what other pinheads have come up with.

Once the gameroom conversion work is done I'll post up pics of gameroom and my pins and highlight the SM mods

1 week later
#94 12 years ago

ok... slowly modding up my SM: LEDs, target decals, shaker, subwoofer, cliffy ramp protectors, shooter lane and eject lane protectors, plastic protectors. everything so far looks great. i have three issues remaining
1. not sure where exactly to put the foam deadening disks for doc oc
2. got the target bank protector for sandman. there are holes on the underside, but no corresponding screws/holes under the playfield. should i drill and insert screws or is that not necessary?
3. the posts/bolts on the slingshoots are not long enough for the plastics protectors and the new plastics. need to order longer ones, anyone know where i can order and what diameter/size they are?

#95 12 years ago

You just use some shorty wood screws for that Cliffy. Same with AFM. There are no holeS there, because that piece wasn't contemplated in design. You want to make sure you use short screws, though, so you don't go through the PF. The hex head screws used to hold GI sockets work fine.

#96 12 years ago
Quoted from ninjabones:

2. got the target bank protector for sandman. there are holes on the underside, but no corresponding screws/holes under the playfield. should i drill and insert screws or is that not necessary?

Not always necessary. Keep in mind I designed this piece originally for AFM. At the time there were two AFM playfields, the oem and a Mirco repro. The repro is a thicker playfield so I had to bend the tension tab to fit both. Since it couldn't be too tight on the repro that meant it might be too loose on the oem. Hence the screw holes in case it was too loose. In the vast majority of cases the tension tab will be tight enough that no screws are needed. If, however, they are needed you must only use wood screws size #4 or #6 no longer than 3/8" or 10mm.

#97 12 years ago

Don't forget I make a protector for Dock Ock now too. Although still not on my website it is available

doc-ock.jpgdoc-ock.jpg ockinstalled1.jpgockinstalled1.jpg ockinstalled2.jpgockinstalled2.jpg

#98 12 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

Don't forget I make a protector for Dock Ock now too. Although still not on my website it is available

Good to know. Wasn't aware this was available.

#99 12 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I've done quite a few mods to the NIB SM I brought back in September.
Black webbed armoured side rails
Pinbits (blue acrylic) web etched protector set
LED doc ock tenticles/arms
LED colour matched single villian flasher
And one of the easiest mods ive done is Blue/Red custom flipper buttons
Think that's it.

What are "LED doc ock tenticles/arms"?

4 months later
#100 11 years ago

Lost in Tyme and Resurrected by: B_R

What are "LED doc ock tenticles/arms"?

Here's a Doc Ock mod w/ the Arm claw Led's that Biglaw is work-n on ,,

I might get 1 , $ 60.00 ship'd !!!!!!

Doc-_Ock_mod.jpgDoc-_Ock_mod.jpg Doc-_Ock_mod-2.jpgDoc-_Ock_mod-2.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint Johns, MI
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 25.50
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 25.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sm-any-must-have-mods/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.