(Topic ID: 11522)

Slap yourself

By badbilly27

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

vote.jpg
    plaid2.jpg
    images-1.jpeg

#1 12 years ago

We all need to step back for a moment, look in the mirror and slap ourselves.

$6,500 (Woz), ~$7,000 (AC/DC), $10,000 (Zombie), ~$15,000 (BBB) = what is wrong with us?? It's like we have the collector fever versus the pinball fever. I am sooo worried this is going to end up like a beenie baby collector hobby. Exaggeration for sure, but the bottom may just fall out be careful. I want the LE version that Steve Ritchie sneezed on - have a pic to prove it. I want the LE version with Gary Stern's wife signature - only one made. For the love of the game slap ourselves. Then after the slap if we still have the fever - enjoy anything you do with your money. This was a public announcement.

BTW..after slapping myself if a Avenger pin comes out I'm buying site unseen.

#2 12 years ago

as much as i hate saying it. I don't think those prices are going anywhere soon.

#3 12 years ago

Meh, I think its just like everything else. I can afford a Chevy Cruze but cant afford a Mercedes C63 etc etc.

I think variety is good, even with prices. USA was built on this concept afterall...

#4 12 years ago

I totally want another pin this weekend.

#5 12 years ago
    Quoted from badbilly27:

what is wrong with us??

I have no idea when you figure it out please let me know...

#6 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I have no idea when you figure it out please let me know...

I posed the question, hell if I know. It's contagious though.

#7 12 years ago

Your estimate on the BBB is high Billy, as they can still be had for something over $11K (12K ask was the latest on Mr. Pinball on Feb 9). But your point is well taken. I don't like the way this is looking either:

Some A-list owners take a look at what ACDC LEs and other titles are going for and automatically think their games are suddenly worth a lot more.

Only way for us all to fight back is with our wallets.

#8 12 years ago

Only way for us all to fight back is with our wallets.

Pfftttb-
    That's just silly...
    Wallets don't hurt at all! (Unless you have a 90's sweet-ass chain still attached to it... )

Speaking of which-
    Hey Smassa!
    I found you a new wallet!!!

images-1.jpegimages-1.jpeg

But seriously...
    I agree,
    We have gone to plaid on this whole "LE: Pin-Mania/$$$" and it's not in a "good" way either.
    plaid2.jpgplaid2.jpg

#9 12 years ago

OK, you got me there.

For all the other literalists out there, that techincally should have read:

Only way for us all to fight back is (to vote) with our wallets.

: )

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from badbilly27:

We all need to step back for a moment, look in the mirror and slap ourselves.
    $6,500 (Woz), ~$7,000 (AC/DC), $10,000 (Zombie), ~$15,000 (BBB) = what is wrong with us??

I was thinking about your post earlier. Add Kingpin from IL Pinball as well at $7000.
    It's getting out of hand but there are also 4 companies/people making games.

#11 12 years ago

Kingpin is now $8000

#12 12 years ago

Newer pins that are part of a small run will be higher, but there are cheaper pins out there. You can still find a used pin in the 1500 dollar range. Pin prices are all over the place.

See a new pin you like, pick it up later for a cheaper price unless it is a LE or small collector type one off pin. I can see new pro style Sterns going for 3000 used in a couple years after release. Look at CSI, 24, BBH, etc..., as an example. Yes, they are considered B titles, but A titles will always be higher.

#13 12 years ago

Ahhhhhh,
    Now I get it!
    Thanks for the clarification NM...

vote.jpgvote.jpg

#14 12 years ago

I thought you could no longer order Kingpin?

#15 12 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

It's getting out of hand but there are also 4 companies/people making games.

Great point and love that there are 4 companies supporting the hobby. Hope 4 more spring up. But 7K+ for all of the new games? Rather see them combine manufacturing facilities to keep prices down. But demand dictates price - we'll see when the market says enough, a little lower please.

#16 12 years ago

old EM's are still affordable...
    Not to mention, Talkin' pinballs (just like that doggone rawk music) are straight from hell!

#17 12 years ago

what I see from the 7K plus machines that have been selling recently...is the good $1200-$1500 inching towards 2K

#18 12 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Ahhhhhh,
    Now I get it!
    Thanks for the clarification NM...

Attachments vote.jpg (44.1 KB, 0 downloads) 1 hour old

Good one; now that's comedy!

#19 12 years ago

Everything in this universe on the private selling market sells for what people are willing to pay.
    Thats the way it should be.
    If you can't afford something, well boohoo and whoopydoo
    All of us that can afford pins work, save and will get much of what we want.
    I will NEVER complain about price, I will ALWAYS figure out a way to get what I want in life.

#20 12 years ago

I won't ever be buying a game without trying it myself.

Pinflation is here to stay, well unless the dollar's buying power is restored by
    sound monetary policy but hahaha we have a keynsian president, congress, senate, etc....

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slap-yourself and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.