(Topic ID: 85358)

Sky Jump Flippers Stuck - Up

By scampcamp

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

On my Gottlieb Sky Jump... The flippers get stuck in the up position the first time I press the buttons..... on both flippers. Would this be a solenoid issues? Thanks

#2 10 years ago

Start by cleaning the coil sleeves, or replace. If it has a hum, then check the switches on the buttons.

#3 10 years ago

So you're saying that the first time you press the flipper buttons and then let go of them, both flippers stay in the up position? What about subsequent times?

If you tap the flippers with your finger, do they then fall back down?

#4 10 years ago

If I just tap buttons once... they stay up. I looked at contacts near buttons & they look OK... The sets below the flippers closest to the front of cabinet were together... should these be apart?

#5 10 years ago

bump

#6 10 years ago

With the playfield glass off, if you tap the flippers themselves with your finger, do they then fall back down? (not the flipper buttons, but the flippers)

With the flippers in the up position, the end-of-stroke (EOS) switch should open. That's the switch that the flipper pawl hits when it rotates.

#7 10 years ago

its a mechanical issue...with power off they'll stick up if manually moved up...probably plunger mushroomed

#8 10 years ago

Yea quick way to tell is when they stick , turn off the machine . If they drop it's electrical if they stay up its mechanical .

#9 10 years ago

I got the flipper kit & coils today from pinball resource... I looked on YouTube but didn't see a tutorial on the install. Does anyone know of something online that may help me out? Thanks

#10 10 years ago

http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index.htm

Thank Clay and all who contribute. Lots of reading and education.

Here to... www.pinwiki.com Thanks to all there also.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Machine - For Sale
Santa Rosa, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sky-jump-flippers-stuck-up and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.