Capture.JPG
photo.PNG
MR4DERj.jpg
image-955.jpg
image-612.jpg
image-198.jpg
image-814.jpg
image-233.jpg
There are 719 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 15.
#152 10 years ago

So there may be a 1 in 50 million chance that the title will be a South Park Redux or South Park Superheroes, right? Good, so Ted are you saying there is a chance for one of these? These themes are still in the running.

#153 10 years ago

No....sorry.

#154 10 years ago

Over beers last night Kevin told me it's Megaforce.

#aid=P99aD9uMOLw

#155 10 years ago

Never believe a drunk Skit-B'er

#157 10 years ago

There will be no miracles.

#158 10 years ago

I'm thinking either Robot Chicken as the creators would want to be all in and involved. Have many vehicles to help promote. Nerdy as shit. Or maybe something Sega/Nintendo flavored - a cornucopia of hits.

#159 10 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

There will be no miracles.

But, will the revolution be televised?

#160 10 years ago

Doctor Who

#161 10 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I'm thinking either Robot Chicken as the creators would want to be all in and involved. Have many vehicles to help promote. Nerdy as shit. Or maybe something Sega/Nintendo flavored - a cornucopia of hits.

Everything in Robot Chicken is a parody of an existing property. You can get away with parody on a TV show...but for a licensed product might be a bit of a legal nightmare.

#162 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Everything in Robot Chicken is a parody of an existing property. You can get away with parody on a TV show...but for a licensed product might be a bit of a legal nightmare.

Obligatory

#163 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Fair point. I don't get that law. Ok to sell commercial time for content that is a parody of an existing property, but not a product. But then again, how did weird Al get past this?

Ask Seth Green next you see him. Anyone ever look at the list of celebrities that have helped write and provide voice for these skits? Impressive.

#164 10 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Fair point. I don't get that law. Ok to sell commercial time for content that is a parody of an existing property, but not a product. But then again, how did weird Al get past this?

Weird Al got permission from the original artists.

Marcus

#165 10 years ago

This one makes a lot of sense to me too. Theme alone is never enough to sell a pin, but a Dr Who themed pin would make for a great selection of one to redo

#166 10 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Weird Al got permission from the original artists.

From what I understand it was as a courtesy more than anything and Amish Paradise was famously done without Coolio's permission or blessing.

#167 10 years ago

The Big Bang Theory

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0898266

MV5BMjQzMTYyODM4M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTAxMDU1MQ@@._V1_SY317_CR10,0,214,317_AL_.jpgMV5BMjQzMTYyODM4M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTAxMDU1MQ@@._V1_SY317_CR10,0,214,317_AL_.jpg
#168 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

From what I understand it was as a courtesy more than anything and Amish Paradise was famously done without Coolio's permission or blessing.

Based on the article below, Weird Al was under the impression that he had permission.

But to your point, it is more of a courtesy since it is Parody.

http://www.11points.com/Music/11_Artists_Who_Wouldn't_Give_Weird_Al_Permission_For_a_Parody

Marcus

#169 10 years ago

I figured it out. The story is getting a reboot. Its going to be Highlander. BAM!!!!!!! that just happened.

There can be only one.

#171 10 years ago

was listening the the pinheadz pinball podcast episode 3 today and they interviewed Kevin and clues were - modern theme, licensed theme, and he made reference to die hard could be a real cool theme. He also hasn't seen alien so doubt that would be on cards. Diehard makes sense as could have a few missions and the series is still fairly recent and bruce gives some good humour as well.

guessing spfxted to say: NO

#172 10 years ago

Though, my hearing and memory are bad, if I heard correctly, the licence holder wants to be involved in the development; and, a principle person too.

All these old licenses that are brought up, don't fit.

#173 10 years ago

Alien---No
Die Hard---No

Quoted from swinks:

uessing spfxted to say: NO

#174 10 years ago

Why the hell is Ted the one that gets to sat no to everything?

#175 10 years ago

Halloween or A Nightmare Before Christmas would be good themes as well.

#176 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Why the hell is Ted the one that gets to say no to everything?

It's easy!....try it...

#177 10 years ago
Quoted from sensfreak:

Halloween or A Nightmare Before Christmas would be good themes as well.

No and no. sorry.

#178 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

No and no. sorry.

But would you tell us if we got it right?

#179 10 years ago

I'm not going to tell you my guess, only what I know it's not.
I DO have a pretty good idea.

#180 10 years ago

Bevis & Butthead

#182 10 years ago

All I can say is that from my understanding it has been mentioned before in one of the various SkitB threads.

#183 10 years ago

Over beers with Ted last night he spilled the beans: It's Deadly Spawn.

#184 10 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

no

#185 10 years ago

#186 10 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Correct, no.....BUT, he could have the rights for free!

#187 10 years ago

See, you finally got to say No.

#188 10 years ago

Bill & Teds Excellent adventure, Pee Wee or Robot Chicken. Meets the criteria for people who would want maximum involvement and promote it. Do I hear a no to all 3 Ted?

#189 10 years ago
Quoted from scott_freeman:

The Big Bang Theory
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0898266

MV5BMjQzMTYyODM4M15BMl5BanBnXkFt... 13 KB

Please not this.

I would have to buy it

#190 10 years ago

Ted hasn't said "no" to any of these suggestions yet:

- Beavis & Butthead
- The Muppets
- Robot Chicken
- Weird Al
- Dr. Who

Dr. Who would make sense as the cast members have been linked to pinball in the past. Check it out:

However, one of the big hints is that the license holder will be more participative in the process, in which case the other suggestions might be a bit more likely.

#191 10 years ago

Pee Wee could be cool. The whole opening breakfast sequence would be great to see in ramps and habitrails on the game.

#192 10 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Bill & Teds Excellent adventure, Pee Wee

Quoted from scott_freeman:

The Big Bang Theory

Quoted from sensfreak:

Pee Wee could be cool.

These were all given a big "no" earlier in the thread.

#193 10 years ago

Fairly certain it will be the Walking Dead. Don't deny it!

#194 10 years ago

Thought that was Sterns next game?

#195 10 years ago

It is...supposedly.

#196 10 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

It is...supposedly.

It better be…….

#197 10 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

- Beavis & Butthead
- The Muppets
- Robot Chicken
- Weird Al
- Dr. Who

No

#198 10 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Fairly certain it will be the Walking Dead. Don't deny it!

I WILL deny it....NO!

#199 10 years ago

If anyone did more than a one off of a big bang theory pin then they would lose their ass. that has to be one of the worst ideas i have heard. No way SKITB does an awesome theme like PREDATOR then goes on to that bag of shit theme. I would laugh my pinballs off if that happens. I also would laugh at the assclown who did a one off of big bang theory pin.

#200 10 years ago

I was knocking back beers last night with John Carpenter. He confirmed: Skit-B #2 is Big Trouble in Little China.

There are 719 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/skit-b-2nd-game/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.