4b9142a2-5418-4d60-af09-e328c5f04230.jpg
1186474_o.gif
image.jpg
booba_fett2.jpg
booba_fett.jpg
leia.jpg
damn!.jpg
stormtrooper-topless.jpg
There are 982 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 20.
#1 11 years ago

I posted a while back but again I am considering selling my cast signed (translite) Data East Star Wars Pinball within the next few months. I kind of want to get an idea on what its estimated value would be with these signatures? The game itself looks great and plays great and has LED's where applicable. The translate is signed by: Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Anthony Daniels, Ian McDiarmid, Peter Mahew, Kenny Baker. Its my prized game but unfortunately Its time for change in the gameroom.

#2 11 years ago

My dad and I share a gameroom and I'm trying to sell a game or two to surprise him as a gift with an AC/DC Premium. I have not fully decided on which games I will end up selling as of now I want to get an idea on what (DE Star Wars) it may be worth. I will keep this post updated and as soon as I know what Im doing I'll let you guys know.

#3 11 years ago

With Star Wars 7 - 9 coming out within the next few years I was thinking of selling it for around 8k to 10k when I do end up selling it.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from pinballwizardz:

With Star Wars 7 - 9 coming out within the next few years I was thinking of selling it for around 8k to 10k when I do end up selling it.

Sounds about right. Market is nuts right now!

#6 11 years ago

I'd suggest you go to an autograph shop and get an idea of what they list those signatures for. Lots of star wars stuff at signature places; they usually double to triple three real value in their asking price.

How did you get the signatures?

#7 11 years ago

Only one way to find out. List it and the market will speak!

#8 11 years ago

I took the translate with me to Star Wars Celebration VI last year. It was not easy or fun lugging it around, it got heavy after a while and I had to dodge thousands of other Star Wars fans to keep it from getting scratched or broken. It was a fun day but very tiring.

#9 11 years ago

I would personally give you an extra 0 dollars for a signed translite...but that's just me..

So to me it's worth the same as a normal Star wars...so maybe 1500-2000 tops...

8-10k has to be a joke??

#10 11 years ago

You would probably be better off trying to sell just the translite and get a repro for your pin. Will drop the value of the pin but you might actually sell the translite. IMO you ruined a perfectly good and rare translite with all those sigs.

#11 11 years ago

At the risk of sounding cheeky, why are you telling us this ? Is it for sale ? No. Are you posting pictures of what is probably a cool-looking pin for us to enjoy ? No. So just what is it you are doing ? In my opinion, and perhaps quite unintentionally, you are looking to create some buzz for you machine so that if/when you do sell, you can squeeze out some additional coin. It's hard for me to conclude otherwise since you initially post that you are going to sell it over the next few months and then state that you are planning on selling it when the new movies come out. Which is it ?

If you decide to sell, post an ad with an asking price. Then let your machine do the talking. I don't know how you decided on the future $8K - $10K figure, but for now, that is a $2K machine with a signed translite. So, whatever the translite is worth, add that to $2K or maybe even $2500 and that is your selling price.

#12 11 years ago

Hamill and Fisher are good signatures that I would value around $500.00 for the pair. The rest maybe $250.00 for everyone. The big one is Ford which is about $750.00 by itself, but you don't have that one unfortunately. So my quick math puts the game around $2750.00 to $3000.00 depending on condition. But you will have to find a pinhead who is interested in this sort of thing which I would think would be a pretty small pool. Good luck with your sale!

#13 11 years ago

schmoo I never said I was selling it when the new movies come out all I did was mention that they were coming out and that I may be selling it within the next few months. Its a hard decision to make and when I make it I will let everyone know but I want to eventually give my dad a great gift (AC/DC Premium).

#14 11 years ago

So really....its not a signed pinball machine. .its a signed translite that is separate. If it was signed somewhere on the cab it might be worth more... but it sounds like u just have a signed translite... not a pinball machine.

#15 11 years ago

You do know that a translite is part of the pinball machine right. What am I going to do drag a full pinball machine into a convention.

#16 11 years ago

I'm pretty sure that even when 14,15 and 16 come out it will not be a 8k pin. No matter who has signed it. I'm not sure where you got that figure? I heard of someone selling a really nice one for 3K but 8 with signatures?

#17 11 years ago

To some people its worth that (Monster Bash, Addams Family Gold, Tron LE) just ask a true Star Wars fan.
These signatures are like gold to them and me (this is hard for me to decide I love Star Wars). Star Wars 14, 15, 16 will never happen Its not Star Trek which has like 22 movies or whatever. You guys don't have to keep attacking me and didn't ask to be attacked I just wanted some opinions on what it may be worth. Several people a the top of the post agree with my possible price some don't thats why I started this thread.

#18 11 years ago

The nicest Star Wars DE I have ever seen, by far, was at the TPF this year. I can't remember their asking price exactly but think it was $5,000 or $6,000. Either way, the machine was perfect in every way (the playfield looked like glass and there wasnt a scuff on the cabnet) and LOADED with at least $1,500 worth of extras and tasteful custom mods. I couldn't imagine a nicer example.

I don't think it sold at the show but it gave me new respect for this machine since it played so fast and looked so good.

Your best bet is to auction the machine. I hope you got pics of the people signing the translight or I am not sure the value will be increased. Signatures from the living give minimal price bumps as it is generally, but Star Wars fans are fanatical so I'm sure you can expect some bump with the right buyer.

#19 11 years ago

I probably watch too much pawn stars but any time someone wants to sell them something signed or autographed they have the signatures authenticated/notorized to verify any value. Would you have that? I'm sure that would help with the price.

#20 11 years ago

Nobody agrees with you that it would ever be 8-10k, they are just being nice...

The rest of us are being realistic...

#21 11 years ago

Well maybe 8k to 10k is too much again that is why I started this thread just to get some opinions. I myself am a very big Star Wars fan so I was just guessing that may be what it's worth leaning more towards 8k but that's my opinion maybe I will lower the price but I'm still in the decision phase of this whole thing.

#22 11 years ago

I would be very surprised if you get more than 3-3.5k depending on location and condition
Post some pictures

#23 11 years ago

Do you have Authentication on the signatures? There are a lot of fakes out there..... Not saying yours are fake, but, at those price projections, I hope you have proof!

#24 11 years ago

You're placing too much value on the theme of your machine. Yes, SW is a popular collector's market but this does not double it's value. People keep telling you the value but you're not interested in hearing it. If you're waiting for a SW nut to shoot you a "SOLD" pm at 10k, good luck.

3000.00 to 3500.00 max depending on pictures. We're not beating you up, we're just not telling you what you want to hear.

#25 11 years ago

Did any other pins with autographed backglasses or playfields fetch a higher price?

#26 11 years ago

Personally, the signatures detract the value of your pin as far as I'm concerned, but I do realize that there exists some Star Wars fans with financial resources that wish to own part of anything connected with Star Wars.
I can't imagine that even the most fanatical Star Wars fans would pony up much unless the autographs are authenticated.
So let assume the signatures are authenticated.
Now you have a $1500 - $2500 pin with perhaps another $1000+ in signatures. At least that's my opinion.

If you think your pin w/signatures is worth $8 - $10K, then put your ad on Ebay or Craigslist and the market will speak. Opinions are a dime a dozen.
If you want price reality, list it on Ebay with no reserve, and a starting price of $1.

#27 11 years ago

Let's face it, although Star Wars is a killer theme, the game itself is awful. Your autographs are literally lipstick on a Pig.

#28 11 years ago

This 16x20-Photo sold on ebay for less than $799-best offer. Authenticated .

ebay.com link: Star Wars 16x20 Photo Signed by Harrison Ford Carrie Fisher Hamill PSA DNA

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from damionrowe:

Your autographs are literally lipstick on a Pig.

Seems more figurative in this case.

#30 11 years ago

I owned a nice star wars for a few years. I liked the gameplay but the ramp shot got to be quite repetitive. Good toys and Graphics. We moved and I think I sold it for about 1700 4 years ago.

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from damionrowe:

Let's face it, although Star Wars is a killer theme, the game itself is awful. Your autographs are literally lipstick on a Pig.

Quoted from mikebw22:

I owned a nice Star Wars for a few years. I liked the gameplay but the ramp shot got to be quite repetitive. Good toys and Graphics. We moved and I think I sold it for about 1700 4 years ago.

I guess you haven't played the new code update officially released last December for DESW. That ramp shot is fixed. Game is balanced now.

www.pinballcode.com has all the details.

#32 11 years ago

Well of course there is a new code update since I sold my game! I even still have my pocket programmer.

#33 11 years ago

I have to be a Star Wars fan because that's the only reason I owned this game before the new code was done.... There will be a 20,21 and 22 if the money is there.... Actually with all the spin offs there talking about that may come sooner then later.

#34 11 years ago

Realistically, I don't know what the signatures will add, but you're talking about a $1800 game with signatures from a few living people. Said signatures will likely only really increase the value for Star Wars collectors. You might get $2500 as the market is high right now.

#35 11 years ago

I will literally eat my own hair if you get over $4.3k for the game. I will take pictures of said event and post them here.

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from mikebw22:

This 16x20-Photo sold on ebay for less than $799-best offer. Authenticated .

Ebay link

and this had Harrison Ford, who rarely signs. This pin/translite does not have Han Solo's signature...which I would also estimate at around $500.

Peter Mayhew, Kenny Baker, and Anthony Daniels are frequently at conventions and their signatures are easy to obtain. From what I recall I paid $35 for Anthony Daniels, and $15 or less for Peter Mayhew/ Kenny Baker. Not sure on Ian McDiarmid. I would estimate Mark Hammill and Carrie Fisher at around $100-$200/ea.

and yes I sold my DESW (first ever pin) about 5 years ago for about $1500 even though I love Star Wars, that pin was boring. Of course, new code recently makes me interested in playing it now.

PS. the next SW movies are 7, 8, 9 I believe, not 14, 15, 16...where did anyone even come up with 14, 15 16?

#37 11 years ago

Do you have a pic of the signed translite??

#38 11 years ago

You guys don't have to keep attacking me and didn't ask to be attacked I just wanted some opinions on what it may be worth. Several people a the top of the post agree with my possible price some don't thats why I started this thread.

ummmm....what?.......not agreeing with price=attacking?or not?

#39 11 years ago

schmoo I never said I was selling it when the new movies come out all I did was mention that they were coming out and that I may be selling it within the next few months. Its a hard decision to make and when I make it I will let everyone know but I want to eventually give my dad a great gift (AC/DC Premium).

Well, here is what you said:

I think it was fair to interpret that you meant to sell it once the movies were actually out. I'm very surprised that you actually meant to earn that extra $$$ NOW based on a series of movies that are years away and which theoretically could never come to fruition. That's why Stern coordinates ( or at least TRIES to coordinate ) it's pin releases with movie releases. You are not going to significantly increase your profit margin based on what is GOING to happen. Having the sigs is good, but offhand I'd say the new code put more money in your pocket than the forthcoming movies. At least at this point.

Don't get me wrong...I dig Star Wars and hoping for 8K is the stuff dreams are made of. If you got it, I would actually give you 'props' ( does anyone say that anymore ?) But people in this forum are wary of the "thinking about selling my XXX threads." They are usually self-serving.

#40 11 years ago

#41 11 years ago

Having the translite signed is an extra $500
It all depends on the buyer if he is a Huge sw fan he would pay more than say person who is buying there first machine. If the playfield is nice and the cab has no marks and scuffs to it if I was the person who was going to would pay £140 which is $2300

Quoted from SealClubber:

You would probably be better off trying to sell just the translite and get a repro for your pin. Will drop the value of the pin but you might actually sell the translite. IMO you ruined a perfectly good and rare translite with all those sigs.

I see what you mean

#42 11 years ago

I took a quick pic of the translite (sorry for the bad iphone pics). I will take some better ones with a real camera when I sell.

IMG_0508.PNGIMG_0508.PNG Untitled.jpgUntitled.jpg

#43 11 years ago

8-10 k coffee just came out of my nose. You are dreaming, you have a ding on the head too. 3 grand tops with translite sorry dude your not going to get anywhere what you thought it was worth.

#44 11 years ago

Actually looking at it
It's not that bad it will be easy to sell
Simples

#45 11 years ago

This is just to see what people think I should sell it for calm down guys. I know know that 8k is just not realistic you never know though.

#46 11 years ago

Buy a replacement translite to put in your game. Sell the game for 2k.

Frame the signed translite and put it on your wall. Done.

#47 11 years ago

Some of you are like once you see the post "Nope, worst idea ever, hate it" this was just supposed to be simple discussion.

#48 11 years ago

This is just to see what people think I should sell it for calm down guys. I know know that 8k is just not realistic you never know though.

I don't know how rabid or rich Star Wars fans are. I'd study Ebay and see which would get you the most money. The whole game, or sell just the translite and get a replacement and then sell the game.

I know some fans, like the KISS army, do surprise sellers with what they will pay.

Best wishes for what you do decide.
LTG : )

#49 11 years ago

Thanks LTG

#50 11 years ago

If you want the real value, put it on eBay. Tons of rabid fans that may pay a premium. Just don't re-hash the TMNT debacle.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sussex, WI
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 169.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 982 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/signed-de-star-wars-estimated-value and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.