Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Frax
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

I was just wondering why there were not some big title video game themes. I have been a huge gamer my whole life, and I think there a ton of really great games that would be awesome themes for pinball. Halo, Call Of Duty, Bioshock, and Gears of War, I think would be some killer pin themes! I think this will be coming in the future for sure, as my gen starts to get a little expendable income. What do you guys think? I also think this would help bring younger blood back to the hobby.

#2 11 years ago

Halo could be awesome, and I'm not even a fan.

My dream game pin would be The Legend of Zelda. Would also have mass appeal.

Mmm. Top it off with a metallic gold Tri Force, gold trim and legs. Puuuuuurdy

#3 11 years ago

There should at least be a Portal pin...

#4 11 years ago

No

IMHO, video games are mostly about killing or destroying the other guy (which is OK)

Pinball (pre-Stern) is about hot babes, fast cars and other teenage standards.

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

No
    IMHO, video games are mostly about killing or destroying the other guy (which is OK)

You have Spiderman, X-men, Ironman, and other titles where you battle other heroes. I don't see much difference.

#6 11 years ago

You asked for an opinion, I gave it.
    I am sorry you disagree with my view

#7 11 years ago

I think classic games could work. TRON really worked, even though that started as a movie.

Modern games, I don't think would really work. Big Buck Hunter is an extremely successful bar video game, one of the most successful ever, but the pin didn't really make waves banking on the theme.

#8 11 years ago

Bioshock albeit great probably isn't mainstream enough outside of the gaming world to sell. CoD would really just be a WW2/Modern War pin, not enough individuality to it.

I think Gears and Halo could work. Well known enough franchises with good story line.

Zelda would be tops for me as well, particularly Ocarina of Time. A SMB 3 theme would be great too!

#9 11 years ago

You asked for an opinion, I gave it.
    I am sorry you disagree with my view

Sorry man, I wasn't trying to offend you. I was just making a counterpoint.

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from Prkchpsndwiches:

Zelda would be tops for me as well, particularly Ocarina of Time.

I think it would be best of it was JUST "The Legend of Zelda," and told it's own story based on the world

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from Prkchpsndwiches:

Bioshock albeit great probably isn't mainstream enough outside of the gaming world to sell.well

+1 but the artwork for that game could be great. Out of all the games I listed, I think Gears would make the best pin. I am not a huge fan of the game, but the artwork, characters, story lines, and villains could make for a fun and great looking pin.

#12 11 years ago

Metal gear solid can be a great theme, even though I'm not a big fan of that game.

Resident Evil, Gears of war, God of war and Diablo !!

#13 11 years ago

A Mortal Kombat would be a cool pin in my view. It is aged right to with the first game coming out in or around 92. Obviously, if any video game inspired pin gets made again though it will be Resident Evil and will be based on the movies and not the games...probably anyway.

#14 11 years ago

Well, if they're going to make a Diablo pin, they need to announce it now, release it in 2022, and then make sure they make the graphics look terrible, and the overall play kinda shitty. Then don't forget to include wi fi so you can connect to the auction house to buy multiball

#15 11 years ago

I don't think any of the OP's suggestions would make good pins (no offense just don't see FPS translating to a pinball well) but other video games could definitely work. GTA seems like an obvious choice.

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from Teen_Wolf:

GTA seems like an obvious choice.

And would sell out via pre order. Great idea

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from DrainO:

Well, if they're going to make a Diablo pin, they need to announce it now, release it in 2022, and then make sure they make the graphics look terrible, and the overall play kinda shitty. Then don't forget to include wi fi so you can connect to the auction house to buy multiball

LMAO! I see what you did there; funny stuff there.

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from DrainO:

lol

#19 11 years ago

I'm surprised there hasn't been an Angry Birds table yet considering the merch juggernaut that it turned into.

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from cja41575:

I'm surprised there hasn't been an Angry Birds table yet considering the merch juggernaut that it turned into.

Because its not a game. It's the equivilant of typing 5318008 in youR calculator and turning it upside down.

#21 11 years ago

I've never actually played it myself; it looks like it would be fun for 10 minutes or so but that's more time than I want to invest.

#22 11 years ago

I think grand theft auto or the fallout series would be awesome it has that zombie mutant type feel that would appeal to a lot of ppl and the artwork would be amazing

#23 11 years ago

Big Buck Hunter was based on a video game.

#24 11 years ago

No

You haven't played many video games.

#25 11 years ago

Uncharted would make a great pin. Too bad Stern made IJ4.

#26 11 years ago

I vote no. That's just me though.
    Seems like enough other cool themes out there without going to video games.

#27 11 years ago

Portal would only work if the balls were personality modules.

Exploding Lemons hurry-up?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/should-there-be-more-video-game-themes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.