Scored on a GNR today off of craigslist

Started 2 years ago by loren3233 in forum All PinballAll Pinball.


Forum » All Pinball » Topic

Scored on a GNR today off of craigslist


Topic summary

  • Started 2 years ago by loren3233
  • 27 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from MES

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs





Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!



    2 years ago
    #

    Well it was a short drive but had to deal with rain and idiot drivers but was able to get it home safely. Playfield is in really decent shape, platics & ramps look great and cabinet has some nicks but isn't too bad. Just unloaded from truck into garage and will have to get it in the house later tonight. More pictures to follow.


    2 years ago
    #

    Well done, G&R has been on my hitlist for ages!


    2 years ago
    #

    Nice pin, and nice Mustang. What is that, '70 Mach 1?


    2 years ago
    #

    It's a 72 Mach 1 with the ram air system.


    2 years ago
    #

    One of us! One of us! Congrats, man. Such a sweet game.


    2 years ago
    #

    Congrats on the nice pickup, Been looking for one in my area for awhile.


    2 years ago
    #

    Nice job Loren, enjoy it!


    2 years ago
    #

    Congrats on the GNR, and nice Mach 1!!


    2 years ago
    #

    Huh, I have never seen one with black wireforms. Those look pretty decent.

    Nice score and welcome to the jungle!


    2 years ago
    #

    Glad you took the plunge!

    I don't see these getting easier to find anytime soon.


    2 years ago
    #

    Nice one. Great game. Now get that cliffy I mentioned


    2 years ago
    #

    Good looking game!!

    What does a GNR go for in CA? There is one for sale here but the seller wants $2700.


    2 years ago
    #
    JDub1006 said:

    There is one for sale here but the seller wants $2700

    Sounds fair enough no matter where your at. Better jump on it. Congrats to the OP as well!


    2 years ago
    #

    Congrats enjoy your new pin.

    agreed $2700 should be in your home not posted any longer =-)


    2 years ago
    #

    CA pins seem to go quite a bit higher from most other states....typical Cali crap. I paid 3500 and have been told it was a great catch for the condition it is in. 2700? I would grab it right away or it will be gone....Good Luck!


    2 years ago
    #

    I can't imagine paying 3500 for any DE.


    2 years ago
    #

    Good job ,Nice pin, I saw that listing . It seems I never have enough money to make an offer on those 2 to 4 thousand dollar machines. Some day .... For now its system 11's , they're fun and little more affordable .


    2 years ago
    #
    pinwillie said:

    Good job ,Nice pin, I saw that listing . It seems I never have enough money to make an offer on those 2 to 4 thousand dollar machines. Some day .... For now its system 11's , they're fun and little more affordable .

    system 11's do rock.fwiw,you have an awesome line up.
    i have played gnr. it holds its own with any b/w dmd imo. congrats on a great score loren.


    2 years ago
    #

    Alphanumerics are where it's at! I LOVE system 6 through 11.


    2 years ago
    #
    loren3233 said:

    CA pins seem to go quite a bit higher from most other states....typical Cali crap. I paid 3500 and have been told it was a great catch for the condition it is in. 2700? I would grab it right away or it will be gone....Good Luck!

    This pin has been on a serious upswing in price. Look at Pinpedia for Ebay sold prices.

    Also, they are pretty hard to find. Owners just arent letting them go. You would be hard pressed to find one at less than 4k. If you find one for less than 4k, you got a great deal. If you find one for $2700 and post it on Pinside, you will be lucky to buy it becasue there were probably dozens of pinsiders looking to jump on the deal!

    Either way, west coast or not, you got a good deal on a pin that I think will keep every penny of the price you paid for it.


    2 years ago
    #

    Thanks Rick and I believe you are right that GNR is getting harder to find anywhere.

    It sure seems to me any pin sold in California seems to be sold at a higher price. This includes most anything like gas, food, etc. We get stuck paying quite a bit more than most states. Unfortunately, we pay higher prices for the pins we want as well but it does feed our passion for pins and the hobby in general which is a good thing.
    I am not feeling bad for us Californians though, I would rather pay a bit more for things in exchange for the great weather we get here.


    RobT

    Pinside legend
    12,294,073 3
    2 years ago
    #
    loren3233 said:

    I am not feeling bad for us Californians though, I would rather pay a bit more for things in exchange for the great weather we get here.

    He says while it is pouring rain.


    2 years ago
    #
    RobT said:

    loren3233 said:I am not feeling bad for us Californians though, I would rather pay a bit more for things in exchange for the great weather we get here.
    He says while it is pouring rain.

    It's still sunny in SD. (:


    2 years ago
    #
    smassa said:

    It's still sunny in SD. (:

    +1 The weather is fantastic right now.


    2 years ago
    #
    EEE said:

    Huh, I have never seen one with black wireforms. Those look pretty decent.
    Nice score and welcome to the jungle!

    Black wire forms were original. Some people were having issues with the ball not making it all the way up the auto launcher and switched to non powdercoated wife forms.


    2 years ago
    #
    RawleyD said:

    I can't imagine paying 3500 for any DE. [:thinking:]

    agree

    but I can understand why this title is so valued as well. Imo this is one of DE's more fun titles
    to play. I can enjoy this game for it's kickassness while at the same time poking some fun
    at it, it always made me laugh.

    Dewey68 said:

    nice Mustang

    agree


    2 years ago
    #

    GNR is Next on my List , either B-4 or After AC/DC .. I'll Play GNR and Sell it.. It's Being Shop'd !!


    2 years ago
    #

    Man I had a GnR lined up. I was told I had first dibs on it but by the time I was told a price he already sold it to someone else! So much for first dibs right?


    2 years ago
    #

    Nice pickup. I brought a GnR back from Colorado with me after the Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown, but it wasn't mine to keep. I still want one someday.


    2 years ago
    #

    So get this....It didn't have a cliffy installed when I picked it up and brought it home (minor kick out wear).
    While doing a better check on everything I had playfield up and was checking out the interior of the cabinet, checking connections and such really well. I looked at the coin box with it's cover on and figured I would take a peek to see if anything was in it (I didn't look when I bought it). So, I slide the top off of the coin box and guess what was sitting in the coinbox?
    A brand new cliffy protector with it's coating still on it to protect it from scratching, I couldn't believe it. Seller had this protector (not sure how long) and never installed it or had no idea what it was and where it was suppose to go......Long story short, Cliffy now installed over kick out.


    2 years ago
    #

    Awesome luck!

    Don't forget to fill in the damaged area with a wood epoxy though. Otherwise, the protecter will dent over the low spot and lift.


    2 years ago
    #

    Fireball...Thanks for the heads up on that.....Can I use 3M glazing putty to fill behind the Cliffy protector?


    2 years ago
    #

    Quickwood or PC lumber I think work best. They are hand mold epoxy puttys that are really easy to work with.


    2 years ago
    #

    Congrats on GnR! I love mine, and it ain't going anywhere. Yours looks to be in good shape...enjoy!


    2 years ago
    #

    OK cool, thanks for the direction.....If I have time I will get it done today....I have to paint the garage/gameroom (someday) first...OHHH boy great fun, I hate painting.


    2 years ago
    #

    Congrats! I saw this one up with the No Fear over the weeked on CL glad it found a good home


    2 years ago
    #
    loren3233 said:

    Well it was a short drive but had to deal with rain and idiot drivers but was able to get it home safely. Playfield is in really decent shape, platics & ramps look great and cabinet has some nicks but isn't too bad. Just unloaded from truck into garage and will have to get it in the house later tonight. More pictures to follow.

    Read about your score on the SPG yahoo forum, Loren, beauty! Love that Mach 1 too bud. Nice (and rare) to see a local fellow Ford guy!


    2 years ago
    #
    loren3233 said:

    So, I slide the top off of the coin box and guess what was sitting in the coinbox?
    A brand new cliffy protector

    Sadly this is all too common Folks get them and never get them installed which leads toooo... worse damage. You got it covered now though Loren Use an epoxy putty stick (my recommended is Quik Wood) to fill damage though or the protector will eventually warp from getting hammered into the damage, as was mentioned earlier.


    2 years ago
    #

    Sounds good Cliff, I bought the Quik Wood today and will repair in a couple days due to being stuck at work, lucky the damage is very minor and the rest of the PF looks good.
    I sent you a PM about the colored posts, will you be bringing those to PAGG?


    2 years ago
    #
    loren3233 said:

    I sent you a PM about the colored posts, will you be bringing those to PAGG?

    If my dear friend Rob Anthony comes to PAGG I won't bring sleeves. Kind of an arrangement I made with him. If he can't make it this year I'll have 'em, yep


    2 years ago
    #

    Is that a Mach I, I see in the background?



Reply

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.





© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple