You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3222.JPG
IMG_3216.JPG
IMG_3217.JPG
#1 12 years ago

Well it was a short drive but had to deal with rain and idiot drivers but was able to get it home safely. Playfield is in really decent shape, platics & ramps look great and cabinet has some nicks but isn't too bad. Just unloaded from truck into garage and will have to get it in the house later tonight. More pictures to follow.

IMG_3217.JPGIMG_3217.JPG IMG_3216.JPGIMG_3216.JPG

#2 12 years ago

Well done, G&R has been on my hitlist for ages!

#3 12 years ago

Nice pin, and nice Mustang. What is that, '70 Mach 1?

#4 12 years ago

It's a 72 Mach 1 with the ram air system.

#5 12 years ago

One of us! One of us! Congrats, man. Such a sweet game.

#6 12 years ago

Congrats on the nice pickup, Been looking for one in my area for awhile.

#7 12 years ago

Nice job Loren, enjoy it!

#8 12 years ago

Congrats on the GNR, and nice Mach 1!!

#9 12 years ago

Huh, I have never seen one with black wireforms. Those look pretty decent.

Nice score and welcome to the jungle!

#10 12 years ago

Glad you took the plunge!

I don't see these getting easier to find anytime soon.

#11 12 years ago

Nice one. Great game. Now get that cliffy I mentioned

#12 12 years ago

Good looking game!!

What does a GNR go for in CA? There is one for sale here but the seller wants $2700.

#13 12 years ago
Quoted from JDub1006:

There is one for sale here but the seller wants $2700

Sounds fair enough no matter where your at. Better jump on it. Congrats to the OP as well!

#14 12 years ago

Congrats enjoy your new pin.

agreed $2700 should be in your home not posted any longer =-)

#15 12 years ago

CA pins seem to go quite a bit higher from most other states....typical Cali crap. I paid 3500 and have been told it was a great catch for the condition it is in. 2700? I would grab it right away or it will be gone....Good Luck!

#16 12 years ago

I can't imagine paying 3500 for any DE.

#17 12 years ago

Good job ,Nice pin, I saw that listing . It seems I never have enough money to make an offer on those 2 to 4 thousand dollar machines. Some day .... For now its system 11's , they're fun and little more affordable .

#18 12 years ago
Quoted from pinwillie:

Good job ,Nice pin, I saw that listing . It seems I never have enough money to make an offer on those 2 to 4 thousand dollar machines. Some day .... For now its system 11's , they're fun and little more affordable .

system 11's do rock.fwiw,you have an awesome line up.
i have played gnr. it holds its own with any b/w dmd imo. congrats on a great score loren.

#19 12 years ago

Alphanumerics are where it's at! I LOVE system 6 through 11.

#20 12 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

CA pins seem to go quite a bit higher from most other states....typical Cali crap. I paid 3500 and have been told it was a great catch for the condition it is in. 2700? I would grab it right away or it will be gone....Good Luck!

This pin has been on a serious upswing in price. Look at Pinpedia for Ebay sold prices.

Also, they are pretty hard to find. Owners just arent letting them go. You would be hard pressed to find one at less than 4k. If you find one for less than 4k, you got a great deal. If you find one for $2700 and post it on Pinside, you will be lucky to buy it becasue there were probably dozens of pinsiders looking to jump on the deal!

Either way, west coast or not, you got a good deal on a pin that I think will keep every penny of the price you paid for it.

#21 12 years ago

Thanks Rick and I believe you are right that GNR is getting harder to find anywhere.

It sure seems to me any pin sold in California seems to be sold at a higher price. This includes most anything like gas, food, etc. We get stuck paying quite a bit more than most states. Unfortunately, we pay higher prices for the pins we want as well but it does feed our passion for pins and the hobby in general which is a good thing.
I am not feeling bad for us Californians though, I would rather pay a bit more for things in exchange for the great weather we get here.

#22 12 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

I am not feeling bad for us Californians though, I would rather pay a bit more for things in exchange for the great weather we get here.

He says while it is pouring rain.

#23 12 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

loren3233 said:I am not feeling bad for us Californians though, I would rather pay a bit more for things in exchange for the great weather we get here.
He says while it is pouring rain.

It's still sunny in SD. (:

#24 12 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

It's still sunny in SD. (:

+1 The weather is fantastic right now.

#25 12 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

Huh, I have never seen one with black wireforms. Those look pretty decent.
Nice score and welcome to the jungle!

Black wire forms were original. Some people were having issues with the ball not making it all the way up the auto launcher and switched to non powdercoated wife forms.

#26 12 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

I can't imagine paying 3500 for any DE. []

agree

but I can understand why this title is so valued as well. Imo this is one of DE's more fun titles
to play. I can enjoy this game for it's kickassness while at the same time poking some fun
at it, it always made me laugh.

agree

#27 12 years ago

GNR is Next on my List , either B-4 or After AC/DC .. I'll Play GNR and Sell it.. It's Being Shop'd !!

#28 12 years ago

Man I had a GnR lined up. I was told I had first dibs on it but by the time I was told a price he already sold it to someone else! So much for first dibs right?

#29 12 years ago

Nice pickup. I brought a GnR back from Colorado with me after the Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown, but it wasn't mine to keep. I still want one someday.

#30 12 years ago

So get this....It didn't have a cliffy installed when I picked it up and brought it home (minor kick out wear).
While doing a better check on everything I had playfield up and was checking out the interior of the cabinet, checking connections and such really well. I looked at the coin box with it's cover on and figured I would take a peek to see if anything was in it (I didn't look when I bought it). So, I slide the top off of the coin box and guess what was sitting in the coinbox?
A brand new cliffy protector with it's coating still on it to protect it from scratching, I couldn't believe it. Seller had this protector (not sure how long) and never installed it or had no idea what it was and where it was suppose to go......Long story short, Cliffy now installed over kick out.

IMG_3222.JPGIMG_3222.JPG

#31 12 years ago

Awesome luck!

Don't forget to fill in the damaged area with a wood epoxy though. Otherwise, the protecter will dent over the low spot and lift.

#32 12 years ago

Fireball...Thanks for the heads up on that.....Can I use 3M glazing putty to fill behind the Cliffy protector?

#33 12 years ago

Quickwood or PC lumber I think work best. They are hand mold epoxy puttys that are really easy to work with.

#34 12 years ago

Congrats on GnR! I love mine, and it ain't going anywhere. Yours looks to be in good shape...enjoy!

#35 12 years ago

OK cool, thanks for the direction.....If I have time I will get it done today....I have to paint the garage/gameroom (someday) first...OHHH boy great fun, I hate painting.

#36 12 years ago

Congrats! I saw this one up with the no fear over the weeked on CL glad it found a good home

#37 12 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

Well it was a short drive but had to deal with rain and idiot drivers but was able to get it home safely. Playfield is in really decent shape, platics & ramps look great and cabinet has some nicks but isn't too bad. Just unloaded from truck into garage and will have to get it in the house later tonight. More pictures to follow.

Read about your score on the SPG yahoo forum, Loren, beauty! Love that Mach 1 too bud. Nice (and rare) to see a local fellow Ford guy!

#38 12 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

So, I slide the top off of the coin box and guess what was sitting in the coinbox?
A brand new cliffy protector

Sadly this is all too common Folks get them and never get them installed which leads toooo... worse damage. You got it covered now though Loren Use an epoxy putty stick (my recommended is Quik Wood) to fill damage though or the protector will eventually warp from getting hammered into the damage, as was mentioned earlier.

#39 12 years ago

Sounds good Cliff, I bought the Quik Wood today and will repair in a couple days due to being stuck at work, lucky the damage is very minor and the rest of the PF looks good.
I sent you a PM about the colored posts, will you be bringing those to PAGG?

#40 12 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

I sent you a PM about the colored posts, will you be bringing those to PAGG?

If my dear friend Rob Anthony comes to PAGG I won't bring sleeves. Kind of an arrangement I made with him. If he can't make it this year I'll have 'em, yep

#41 12 years ago

Is that a Mach I, I see in the background?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

Machine - For Sale
Franklin Square, NY
$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, MA
$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scored-on-a-gnr-today-off-of-craigslist and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.