• 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by iceman44
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Unknown.jpeg
There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

So has anyone actually sold their MM since the MMR announcement for more than $8k ... $9k ... $10k ?

#2 10 years ago

a better question would be has anyone actually BOUGHT one for less than 10k, 9k, 8k?

#3 10 years ago

Oh goodie! Another one of these posts...

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Just for you cupcake.

#5 10 years ago

I sold mine for a little less then I would have got for it before the announcement - in the past I would have never sold it because it is so hard to replace. now it was tough this time as I need some more cash for an investment on a house, but better mm then 2 or 3 other games.

it's easier to get one game back the 2 or 3 others once I am done with the investment.

I have no worries about replacing it now - the bad part is I don't get to play it for a while

thanks ed

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

I sold mine for a little less then I would have got for it before the announcement - in the past I would have never sold it because it is so hard to replace. now it was tough this time as I need some more cash for an investment on a house, but better mm then 2 or 3 other games.
it's easier to get one game back the 2 or 3 others once I am done with the investment.
I have no worries about replacing it now - the bad part is I don't get to play it for a while
thanks ed

I agree with this.. many were holding on to them simply due to fear of not being able to get one again. In that sense, I think the remakes are great in that they are shaking these loose.

Pricing however? I think I will have a "show me" attitude going forward. We still dont know if they will ever be made, when they will be, and what quality they will be. On top of that - they are 8K.. so I dont see originals in good condition going down all that much.. the only ones that will are the restoration candidates.. and they are few and far between anyway.

#7 10 years ago

I sold mine after the announcement. It was a nice example I got my full asking price of 10.5K to the first person who responded. Makes me think I should have listed it for more.

#8 10 years ago

In all honesty, I have a perfectly restored MM that costs me a pretty penny, but also pulled the trigger on a MMR-le since I was sitting in the room at expo when Rick announced it. I wasn't entirely sure which one I was going to keep but after looking at some of the under PF pics and some of the internals I might just stick with my really nice original. Time will tell....

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Yet, here you are....

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from KeithElliott:

I sold mine after the announcement. It was a nice example I got my full asking price of 10.5K to the first person who responded. Makes me think I should have listed it for more.

Do you have a picture link so we can assess the condition relative to the sale price?

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yet, here you are....

Unknown.jpegUnknown.jpeg
#12 10 years ago

I know of 2 that sold for $7500 after the announcement.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

In all honesty, I have a perfectly restored MM that costs me a pretty penny, but also pulled the trigger on a MMR-le since I was sitting in the room at expo when Rick announced it. I wasn't entirely sure which one I was going to keep but after looking at some of the under PF pics and some of the internals I might just stick with my really nice original. Time will tell....

I say keep the restored one. I hear the guy that did the restore did a great job

#14 10 years ago

Not that I'm calling vid1900 a lair - the last thing I'm trying to do here. Without people coming forward and saying their purchase or selling story I'm sure we're going to continue to hear about cheap MM's being sold. So far we have one post of someone selling a game at a good price and it disappeared quickly by the sounds of it. Do I think MM's will decrease/have decreased in value - yes. Fear of the remake happening is causing people to sell. If the remake happens there will be more played MM's around and prices will probably fall again.

I haven't been following this topic much as I've always told myself that MM would be the last to leave as I enjoy it the most. Why is the remake going to happen this time versus when Wayne said it was going to do it? There didn't seem to be such a panic or happiness at that time. What happens if the MMr doesn't happen? Will prices go up even more as a number of people will have sold their game on the assumption of getting a remake and now be trying to buy one back?

Just quick random thoughts as I end my lunch.

#15 10 years ago

Vid >> are you affiliated with the MMR at all. I know you were spearheading the individual task of NBAFB conversions so I thought maybe rick enlisted your knowledge to help out.

#16 10 years ago

Funny thing is two sold for 8k before the announcement.

#17 10 years ago

as I said I sold mine for a little less then it would have been sold for before the announcement - but I got a call this morning from a 407-733-553(I left last digit out) this morning. I wasn't able to get to the phone. I just called back and let it ring once and hung up because I remembered the last time I called an area code I didn't recognize I got a nice bill as I ended up calling Canada (and I talked to the guy for a good hour about an antique car).

anyway 1 minute later I got a call from an unknown # - usually I don't answer - stupid me answered it - "you have a mm for sale" - I did - but it's been sold - then the nastiness started "you know you can get a new one for 7k"

I said that's news to me - I had heard 8k - "no that's the le - the standards are 7k" and he hung up my me.

why do people have to be so nasty - I will never understand it - why was he calling me in the first place as my ad was for 9200. he must have seen it on mr pinball as my # was there - but not here on the pinside ad.

anyway mine was sold for 9k - and I gave him $100 to help on shipping - before the announcement I am guessing it was 10k - so if you want to go by my sale it's a 10% decline.

if anybody recognizes that # tell him that wasn't a cool thing to do.

thanks ed

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I know of 2 that sold for $7500 after the announcement.

Sure Vid.. I am starting think you are full of it ..

#19 10 years ago

Sorry I don't know how people are putting others posts in theirs.

Ecianci - could you comment on the condition of your machine?

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballJeff:

Not that I'm calling vid1900 a lair

I wouldn't call him a lair either.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

got a call this morning from a 407-733-553

Did you put the number in Google Search?

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Yeah well condition is everything.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Why would you say that when there was a posting right here at pinside for one asking 8800? Say it sold for 8K is that really way far off from 7500.00?

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballJeff:

Sorry I don't know how people are putting others posts in theirs.
Ecianci - could you comment on the condition of your machine?

I was the 2nd owner - 1st owner was an op - playfield was really nice - one side of cabinet really nice - other side had a few scratches and fade. I had wizard mod, troll mod, and light up troll mods. I also had another castle mod.

worked 100% - boards never touched.

thanks ed

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Vid >> are you affiliated with the MMR at all. I know you were spearheading the individual task of NBAFB conversions so I thought maybe rick enlisted your knowledge to help out.

Nope, no affiliation at all.

You have all seen the old Williams/ Alvin G/ Stern factory tour videos - assembling a pinball machine is monkey work - unskilled labor.

In fact, once you have a few playfield swaps under your belt, you know that you can quickly build any machine from a pile of parts.

The only help I give Rick is buying mega parts.....

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

One of the sellers, Doug Park, is a member here.

He can chime in and explain his logic, but he told me that he bought a MMr and felt that it was only costing him $500 to get a brand new machine, double clear coat, stereo sound, LEDs and a shaker.

I see his logic, his wife was good with it, too

#27 10 years ago

Dropping like a rock already.

#28 10 years ago

There certainly is an increase in the number of MMs for sale on Mr. Pinball!

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

There certainly is an increase in the number of MMs for sale on Mr. Pinball!

Meh. 3 in the last few days. All around $13k. Can't say that's a rush of people dumping them.

#30 10 years ago

original MM 6500 by xmas

1 month later
#31 10 years ago

Just sold mine for $7,000 it took almost a month of e-mails and people offering trades and making appointments and not showing up etc.

#32 10 years ago

I know in Canada still they are still up in the 11k plus

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

The original prices have definitely come down but not all that much. There will always be plenty of buyers wanting the originals and willing to pay more for them. I think it would be foolish for someone to let their original MM go too cheap… some may have panicked and sold cheap but they'll regret it.

#34 10 years ago

I know I'm not ready to sell that beauty you brought me Teekee. No repro will ever match that standard of quality. Had a game night this past weekend and it was certainly the hit of the party, next to WOZ that is.

- Don

Quoted from teekee:

The original prices have definitely come down but not all that much. There will always be plenty of buyers wanting the originals and willing to pay more for them. I think it would be foolish for someone to let their original MM go too cheap… some may have panicked and sold cheap but they'll regret it.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

original MM 6500 by xmas

If that's the case, I'll buy one and cancel my MMr order

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I really think u still can't beat the originals the other MM will always be just a copy and always will be and there's people that only want the originals and willing too pay for them

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I know I'm not ready to sell that beauty you brought me Teekee. No repro will ever match that standard of quality. Had a game night this past weekend and it was certainly the hit of the party, next to WOZ that is.
- Don

Don, that was maybe the nicest MM I've ever seen! Glad you're still enjoying it…

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Don, that was maybe the nicest MM I've ever seen! Glad you're still enjoying it…

You haven't seen mine

But as painful as it is to agree with you Teekee, sometimes I have to. I think there will always be demand for originals e.t.c. (granted, varying demand from various buyers). I also think people selling their MM's too cheap now will regret it later...

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

You haven't seen mine
But as painful as it is to agree with you Teekee, sometimes I have to. I think there will always be demand for originals e.t.c. (granted, varying demand from various buyers). I also think people selling their MM's too cheap now will regret it later...

Yes that's for sure they will regret it for sure

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

You haven't seen mine

No I have not but I'm sure its beautiful as well...

Quoted from fattrain:

But as painful as it is to agree with you Teekee, sometimes I have to.

Why do you find it painful being right? I'm right all the time and feel no pain…

#42 10 years ago

Tony (Tekee) - I love ya like a brother from another mother but many of the MM I see for sale since the announcement that fetch a higher price are not what I would consider factory "original" MM's and if they are truly a base model original with no new repro parts....... they aren't selling for more than the 8k the remake is selliing for...... Many of the high end restored "original" MM's have new plastic sets, new playfields, new decals, mods, led's, shakers added, etc.... Our hobby is often compared to the car collecting hobby but in that hobby folks pay dearly for factory original parts whereas reproduction parts for restoring a pin are the norm or expectation here in our hobby for high end pins if original parts can not be sourced or restored. Not saying there isnt a demand for an original board set, etc, but I just dont see the market paying a premium like we saw in the past two years for an original MM, obviously the tell all will be the quality of Rick's MM remake and if it is truly high quality then the market becomes very, very small for original.... just my two cents (flame suit on) fire away!! lol

#43 10 years ago

Uhhhh where exactly are these $11k MM's for sale in Canada?

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from ckorth:

Tony (Tekee) - I love ya like a brother from another mother

Brother Chris… will you be there Friday?

Quoted from ckorth:

many of the MM I see for sale since the announcement that fetch a higher price are not what I would consider factory "original" MM's and if they are truly a base model original with no new repro parts....... they aren't selling for more than the 8k the remake is selliing for...... Many of the high end restored "original" MM's have new plastic sets, new playfields, new decals, mods, led's, shakers added, etc....

I guess we can argue what is actually original and what is not but I still consider the MM with the original board set and harness made by WMS with the Williams logos as originals even though they may have repro replacement parts... those will always be the originals and PPS will always have the remakes. Some won't care a bit but many will.

Quoted from ckorth:

Not saying there isnt a demand for an original board set, etc, but I just dont see the market paying a premium like we saw in the past two years for an original MM,

I agree, I don't ever see MM prices getting back to the same levels they once were and that's a good thing. They had gotten to ridiculous levels. I do think prices will firm up on the originals again once the shock and excitement of these remakes wears off. And like you said… a lot will depend how well the PPS MM turns out.

See you Friday?

#45 10 years ago

You played the new MM? Where? How?

Quoted from Fulltilt:

- Don

#46 10 years ago

Quoted from cdnpinballer:Uhhhh where exactly are these $11k MM's for sale in Canada?

I seen one sold for 11k all the way uptoo 15k and I might sell my

#47 10 years ago

uptoo 15k and I might sell my

LOL

#48 10 years ago

Who's looking for one

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

as I said I sold mine for a little less then it would have been sold for before the announcement - but I got a call this morning from a 407-733-553(I left last digit out) this morning. I wasn't able to get to the phone. I just called back and let it ring once and hung up because I remembered the last time I called an area code I didn't recognize I got a nice bill as I ended up calling Canada (and I talked to the guy for a good hour about an antique car).
anyway 1 minute later I got a call from an unknown # - usually I don't answer - stupid me answered it - "you have a mm for sale" - I did - but it's been sold - then the nastiness started "you know you can get a new one for 7k"
I said that's news to me - I had heard 8k - "no that's the le - the standards are 7k" and he hung up my me.
why do people have to be so nasty - I will never understand it - why was he calling me in the first place as my ad was for 9200. he must have seen it on mr pinball as my # was there - but not here on the pinside ad.
anyway mine was sold for 9k - and I gave him $100 to help on shipping - before the announcement I am guessing it was 10k - so if you want to go by my sale it's a 10% decline.
if anybody recognizes that # tell him that wasn't a cool thing to do.
thanks ed

Just reading this irks me. That caller needs to get a life, and a brain. What a moron!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 64.99
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sales-of-mm-since-mmr-announcement and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.