catfight-poster.jpg
1941874189a5808251337l.gif
IMG_1147.JPG
IMG_3770.JPG
FNXKIPKFD2IBRXG.LARGE.jpg
245793.jpg
image-113.jpg
wcop_16.jpg
There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 9 years ago

In honor of the world cup, the world cup of pinball continues with the round of 16! This is the elimination round. Enjoy and don't forget to vote for your favorite.

Round of 16 voting ends Tuesday, July 1 at 9pm pst.

Here is the link to the official thread on how the draw took place.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-of-pinball-official-thread#post-1705238

wcop_16.jpgwcop_16.jpg

#2 9 years ago

This should be an easy win for ACDC

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

This should be an easy win for ACDC

This is really an unfair match up for sure... ACDC one of the best ever... WoZ? Well, for thier first pin it was a decent try I guess.

#4 9 years ago

Oh man, this is a tough one since I own both and have a blast playing them. My vote goes to WOZ. Nothing else out there like it. ACDC is still an amazing game in my book.

There's more innovation, tech, far deeper and interesting code and much more to do in WOZ so that's why it gets my vote.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Oh man, this is a tough one since I own both and have a blast playing them. My vote goes to WOZ. Nothing else out there like it.

who knew?

#6 9 years ago

Woz all day every day

#7 9 years ago

WoZ ftw. They both have some deep scoring strategies, but WoZ is constantly changing, which makes things a lot more interesting.

#8 9 years ago

I won't be a blow out......close match

#9 9 years ago

I agree all of these matches should be pretty close there is a lot of support for all of these machines remaining...

#10 9 years ago

Can't we just get to the really important poll: Which WOZ toy is the greatest toy of all time?

/Panzer

#11 9 years ago

I enjoy playing AC/DC but WOZ is a masterpiece!

#12 9 years ago

This poll is going to be great! I am running out to the store as I am out of popcorn from the "Why Do People Hate WOZ" thread.

I like ACDC better.

#13 9 years ago

.image-113.jpgimage-113.jpg

#14 9 years ago

I have both. My vote goes to AC/DC.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Oh man, this is a tough one since I own both and have a blast playing them. My vote goes to WOZ. Nothing else out there like it. ACDC is still an amazing game in my book.
There's more innovation, tech, far deeper and interesting code and much more to do in WOZ so that's why it gets my vote.

Holy shit! You didn't say "toys" anywhere in this post!!!

#16 9 years ago

This is a TOUGH one. I own both. Both are really great games. I think WOZ gets the edge. ACDC is made amazing by its software - the layout is pretty vanilla.

I actually hated both of these games the first time I played them and ended up buying both, hahah.

#17 9 years ago

I have both, and I say WOZ as well. Magnificent.

AC/DC will be hard to beat, though, with the combination of sheer numbers and pre-3.0 WOZ opinions. Oh, and it kicks ass, that helps too.

#18 9 years ago

It would be interesting to start a poll showing how many WOZ owners used to have ACDC, vs current ACDC owners who used to have WOZ.

Of my closest pinball buddies, (7 including myself), 6 own ACDC. 2 own WOZ.

#19 9 years ago

I'm still waiting for my WOZ so I have to vote acdc. It helps that It kicks ass.

#20 9 years ago

Anyone notice this poll getting more votes than any of the other ones? Must be a sign of two great games!

#21 9 years ago

I wish I had enough games on AC/DC to really make an educated choice on this one. WOZ has set the bar very high for me, and I have probably 300 plays on one locally. AC/DC I've only had about 10 so far. I like it, and it is growing on me, but not sure if it'll surpass WOZ when I get enough time on it.

#22 9 years ago

If this was two Stern games or two Williams games ACDC would win by a country mile. The biases and fanboyisms will make this a much closer match than it should be.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

If this was two Stern games or two Williams games ACDC would win by a country mile

???

How could it be 2 Williams games and yet have ACDC? Confused.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Anyone notice this poll getting more votes than any of the other ones? Must be a sign of two great games!

Well, AC/DC was the game released when WOZ was first supposed to ship. It was Steve's first game when he came back and I believe meant to compete with WOZ directly. Definitely an interesting contrast in machine types, rules and theme.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Holy shit! You didn't say "toys" anywhere in this post!!!

The Bell on ACDC is better then any "Toy" on WOZ.

#26 9 years ago

Tough one... ACDC by a slight margin for me.

#27 9 years ago

I love them both but I gotta give the edge to WOZ.

Joe(acejedi)

#28 9 years ago

WOZ all day and all night.

#29 9 years ago

AC/DC is moving ahead nicely . AC/DC is true 100% kick ass pinball!

#30 9 years ago

Two great games battle it out. Looks like ACDC will win. But I must say I think a lot more people have ACDC in their house than WOZ.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

If this was two Stern games or two Williams games ACDC would win by a country mile. The biases and fanboyisms will make this a much closer match than it should be.

Isn't that the point? We're not comparing two Williams games or two Stern games. We're comparing two games by two different manufacturers and fanboys of each game are voting. I could never get into AC/DC despite some heavy play time in league, and WoZ I thought was good enough to buy. I'm a fan of WoZ; therefore, I voted for WoZ.

I mean, yeah; there's fanboyism here. AC/DC fanboys can't believe that other people might prefer WoZ.

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

AC/DC is moving ahead nicely . AC/DC is true 100% kick ass pinball!

Not surprised considering that more ACDC's are likely out there then WOZ's as well as the games popularity on Pinside.

Not a blowout though as some predicted, very close still. Hopefully the number of votes for WOZ makes some people realize just how popular the game is

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

The Bell on ACDC is better then any "Toy" on WOZ.

I own both and couldn't disagree more. The bell is cool but I'll take either of WOZ's mini playfields over it any day due to all the individual modes packed in both playfields and actual interaction by the player. Sadly there are no bell modes or something equivalent in ACDC...

The canon is the best toy on ACDC in my opinion.

#35 9 years ago

AC/DC is One of the Best Game ever made !

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

LOL! I own both and can't disagree more. The bell is cool but I'll take either of WOZ's mini playfields over it any day since the player doesn't actually interact with the bell at all. It would be nice if the magnet below the bell in ACDC was actually used a bit more...
The canon is the best toy on ACDC in my opinion.

That munchkin mini PF has to be the most boring one ive ever seen. The Castle is ok but the bell on acdc and what it controls is better and even more fun to shoot.

#37 9 years ago

I have and love both, Woz has zero chance here just by virtue of overall numbers of Ac/dc in peoples homes.

Surprised its this close just due to that fact. The bell is awesome, so is the cannon.

We might need a recount here though, McCune found a way to vote 80 times

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

That munchkin mini PF has to be the most boring one ive ever seen.

Sorry Smassa, the clear winner on worst mini play field goes to Ac/dc! I work to avoid it….although a necessary evil

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Sorry Smassa, the clear winner on worst mini play field goes to Ac/dc! I work to avoid it….although a necessary evil

You are working at avoiding points then. Get down there during 3x and the points can rack up crazy (pre 1.68) I am thinking about going back to 1.65 since I most likely will not be playing it at any PAPA circuit events. Atleast it has more then one shot. Munchkin PF strategy??? Flip once and hold up flipper for easy rebound shot. Ya that sounds like fun.

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Woz has zero chance here just by virtue of overall numbers of Ac/dc in peoples homes.

Who's fault is that???

#41 9 years ago

I love both, but give me Luci over Dorothy.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The bell is cool but I'll take either of WOZ's mini playfields over it any day due to all the individual modes packed in both playfields and actual interaction by the player.

Huh?

He said the bell on ACDC is better than any "toy" on WOZ. Why are you talking about two mini playfields and comparing them to the bell, which is a toy? Mini playfields aren't toys.

#43 9 years ago

I voted, but kinda knew the winner before it started in this one....

#44 9 years ago

I have both and like both, but ACDC premium is so good its the ultimate party pin at our house.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Who's fault is that???

1.68 doesn't rack up points on the mini? It's still terrible but what else are you going to do with it. I realize its a necessity to build pts but its way too boring for me.

At least with munchkin you can let it drain immediately if you want to, don't have to go through the agony of waiting for hell to time out…..and I use the shot from there off the 3rd flipper to hit the witch and winkie…..or tougher crystal ball shot

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

At least with munchkin you can let it drain immediately if you want to, don't have to go through the agony of waiting for hell to time out…

That's just great. Let the ball drain from one of the mini playfields and don't play it, thereby losing 20% of the PF space in the process.

#47 9 years ago

I love the bell. I think one of the most satisfying shots in pinball. When you really nail the bell it smacks the glass and that is a very satisfying shot IMO.

#48 9 years ago

WOZ

It just has such a fresh feeling to gameplay and a unique layout, coupled with the gorgeous lighting and display, that it just feels great to shoot your way through it, watching it come to life and choosing your path through the adventure.

ACDC, I enjoy a lot. If the poll was for the better strictly tourney machine, I'd say ACDC. But to be honest lately, I've found it to feel a little stale after a few games when playing by myself, compared to some other Sterns like MET, IM, Tron, etc.

I bounced from ACDC to Tron to IM last night at a friend's house and ACDC just fell a little flat in comparison. That's not bad-mouthing ACDC necessarily, because IM and Tron I find exceptional. I agree with Rob, if you're going to compare toys, compare toys. A fair comparison for the WOZ mini playfields would be the ACDC mini, which while it is challenging at first, after a couple goes at it I find myself feeling "Is this over yet?"

Now I don't find WOZ mini-playfields to be outrageously awesome in feel-good kinetics either (are any mini-playfields, really? WWFRR maybe does it best), but they gel with gameplay a so much better. You are constantly forced to factor in your progress towards each mini in WOZ when calculating and recalculating your strategy, often being forced to avoid them until the time is right. Of course the added bonus of action on the minis with other balls in play on the main.

I like both WOZ minis. The Munchkin pf isn't quite as nice as the Castle pf, but has some fun quirks and challenges like completing the loops with 2-3 balls up there and bringing them all into a Munchkin mode. Castle pf is just cool. The first time I saw that design I thought, "Why not a couple small flippers up there instead?" But the one flipper works, and is fairly balanced in terms of skill. You can hit the Rescue loop 7x in a row and then go several games in a row where you never loop it twice. Of course the way the Castle is qualified is cool, surviving the SDTMs off Winkie guard hits until you make your way into the Castle, or tricking that Flying Monkey to drop you right in. Better gameplay integration.

The WOZ minis are comfortably sized, so you don't lose anything on the lower playfield, and yet have enough real estate for upper pf challenges and fun. WOZ is a better design than people give it credit for. It's not all about the tech. You appreciate the design the more you play it. The two biggies for some people, which I do understand, are the brutality of the exposed Tree bumper which sends deadly missile towards Toto early and often...and the other is the absence of a left ramp, which leaves some right-handed players without a real satisfying shot to keep flow going and complete the yin/yang. There's more than enough different and unique about WOZ to make up for those two design 2nd guesses that for we know was tried and either didn't work or wasn't possible.

The ACDC design is a cookie cutter tried and true layout we all know and love. It's nice in that it fits comfortably, like an old shoe, and yet holds no real surprises or new kinetic challenges. Like a great cheeseburger. But after years of cheeseburgers, a gyro pita with cucumber sauce is like filet mignon. The cheeseburger is always going to win the poll, though.

Touch matchup for WOZ so early, go on to make us proud ACDC.

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

WOZ
It just has such a fresh feeling to gameplay and a unique layout, coupled with the gorgeous lighting and display, that it just feels great to shoot your way through it, watching it come to life and choosing your path through the adventure.
ACDC, I enjoy a lot. If the poll was for the better strictly tourney machine, I'd say ACDC. But to be honest lately, I've found it to feel a little stale after a few games when playing by myself, compared to some other Sterns like MET, IM, Tron, etc.
I bounced from ACDC to Tron to IM last night at a friend's house and ACDC just fell a little flat in comparison. That's not bad-mouthing ACDC necessarily, because IM and Tron I find exceptional. I agree with Rob, if you're going to compare toys, compare toys. A fair comparison for the WOZ mini playfields would be the ACDC mini, which while it is challenging at first, after a couple goes at it I find myself feeling "Is this over yet?"
Now I don't find WOZ mini-playfields to be outrageously awesome in feel-good kinetics either (are any mini-playfields, really? WWFRR maybe does it best), but they gel with gameplay a so much better. You are constantly forced to factor in your progress towards each mini in WOZ when calculating and recalculating your strategy, often being forced to avoid them until the time is right. Of course the added bonus of action on the minis with other balls in play on the main.
I like both WOZ minis. The Munchkin pf isn't quite as nice as the Castle pf, but has some fun quirks and challenges like completing the loops with 2-3 balls up there and bringing them all into a Munchkin mode. Castle pf is just cool. The first time I saw that design I thought, "Why not a couple small flippers up there instead?" But the one flipper works, and is fairly balanced in terms of skill. You can hit the Rescue loop 7x in a row and then go several games in a row where you never loop it twice. Of course the way the Castle is qualified is cool, surviving the SDTMs off Winkie guard hits until you make your way into the Castle, or tricking that Flying Monkey to drop you right in. Better gameplay integration.
The WOZ minis are comfortably sized, so you don't lose anything on the lower playfield, and yet have enough real estate for upper pf challenges and fun. WOZ is a better design than people give it credit for. It's not all about the tech. You appreciate the design the more you play it. The two biggies for some people, which I do understand, are the brutality of the exposed Tree bumper which sends deadly missile towards Toto early and often...and the other is the absence of a left ramp, which leaves some right-handed players without a real satisfying shot to keep flow going and complete the yin/yang. There's more than enough different and unique about WOZ to make up for those two design 2nd guesses that for we know was tried and either didn't work or wasn't possible.
The ACDC design is a cookie cutter tried and true layout we all know and love. It's nice in that it fits comfortably, like an old shoe, and yet holds no real surprises or new kinetic challenges. Like a great cheeseburger. But after years of cheeseburgers, a gyro pita with cucumber sauce is like filet mignon. The cheeseburger is always going to win the poll, though.
Touch matchup for WOZ so early, go on to make us proud ACDC.

This is one of those times where a post deserves a thumbs up even if I don't agree with everything that you said.

Well done.

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That's just great. Let the ball drain from one of the mini playfields and don't play it, thereby losing 20% of the PF space in the process.

Yeah Rob, you got it, you let it drain every time, wtf ! You have to play it to get to the WW mode, it's FAR from a waste of space, and there are munchkin modes along with the tornado interaction with the Lcd which is very cool. Try actually playing it and learning the rules, like I did with Ac/dc, a good way to have an informed opinion. It might take you a hundred times or so to get it though, its deep and thought provoking!

And……its not 20% of the play field.

Contrary to hell, it has to be played ad nauseum every time, or use it as a beer break……

Couldn't agree with Mech more!

Btw, great f ing Toys!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 5.00
16,500 (Firm)
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

13,000 (OBO)
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.95
$ 12.95
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.95
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 91.00
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/round-of-16-poll-acdc-v-wozle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.