You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Rollergames_039.JPG
Rollergames_038.JPG
Rollergames_037.JPG
#1 11 years ago

Thanks to Chris Korth for the awesome condition Rollergames he sold me last night. Game was bought at Allentown and he even delivered it to my house last night. Full of LED's cabinet looks almost new playfield is in excellent shape. I did not get to play it much last night but will be playing it tonight with some friends that are coming over.

#2 11 years ago

i just sold mine. Its a great game. Would love to see pics of those LEDs. My buddy bought mine so I still get to play it

#3 11 years ago

Here are a couple of pics

Rollergames_037.JPGRollergames_037.JPG Rollergames_038.JPGRollergames_038.JPG Rollergames_039.JPGRollergames_039.JPG

#4 11 years ago

I played this one over the weekend and really enjoyed it. The wife did too, she almost bought it. Enjoy the pin.

#5 11 years ago

Hmm.. couple people selling this title for around $800 near me. It looks like it could be good, but watching videos I just don't know

#6 11 years ago

Go for the wall!!!!

#7 11 years ago

It's a very underrated pin. Congrats!
Pappy

#8 11 years ago

The ramp had a small crack in it so I built my own protector out of an old ramp protector. It worked out great .
I guess it does pay to have old junk parts laying around.

#9 11 years ago

If that game had a different theme, it would be very well respected. Fun game.

#10 11 years ago

Thanks....now I have that theme song stuck in my head.

Rock, Rock, Rockin Rollergames.

#11 11 years ago

I just traded off my Rollergames today for a very nice Donkey Kong upright. Value-wise, he got the slightly better end of the deal, but it was an easy local trade and I've been wanting a DK for a long time.

#12 11 years ago

Thats a fun game - nice score

#13 11 years ago

RG is the game that really crystallizes the "Steve Ritchie style" in my opinion. The theme is kind of dated but the gameplay and flow work really well with the theme. There are some really cool features, and the game is definitely not a pushover. Good luck keeping mulitiball going for any length of time much less hitting the jackpot.

#14 11 years ago

Don't flip!.... FLIP! That game is so cheesy as far as theme that it's cool. Games like that are the reason why i like pinball. A well designed playfield trumps theme for me.

#15 11 years ago

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Games like that are the reason why i like pinball. A well designed playfield trumps theme for me.

+1 Million

RG is sooooo underrated.

#17 11 years ago

Congrats, rollergames is freakin awesome, I just barely missed out on one in my hometown..I was pissed...

#18 11 years ago

I agree with others who mentioned that if it was a different theme it would be much more popular. Fun pin to play congrats on your new pin!

#20 11 years ago

I own one, and it is fun. One thing about mine I don't understand, is it says right on it that it's a diamond plated pf, but it still has mylar everywhere. The pf needs some paint touchup, I'll be doing that after I get my WWF up and running. Enjoy the game, and congrats!!!

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from ThePostmaster:

One thing about mine I don't understand, is it says right on it that it's a diamond plated pf, but it still has mylar everywhere.

I know Williams originally wanted DP playfields for RG, but I think they backed out of the idea when about a hundred or so RG's were off the line. If you find a DP-RG, get it!!!

#22 11 years ago

Mine is Diamondplated, or so it says. But why the mylar then?

#23 11 years ago

This was from the era where WMS was experimenting with Diamondplate.

10 Banzai Runs and 10 Earthshakers had the special 'XR7' coating, later called Diamondplate.
I've been told 200 Whirlwinds and 100 Rollergames had Diamondplate.

As many of each as I've seen, I'd suggest the figure was more like 1000 Rollergames and maybe 500 Whirlwinds. There were 100 or so Diner machines with DP, too.

The games that are uber rare with Diamondplate are Radical! (I had one, foolishly sold it to buy another pin that wasn't as good as I thought it was!), Pool Sharks and Riverboat Gambler.

I have heard that some Bugs Bunny games had DP, but I've never seen one of those. I've personally seen or owned at least 1 of each of the other titles.

Since Diamondplate wasn't yet proven, operators who had used mylar for years still wanted it on their games. A factory mylar was made for the games, so they used them.

They also did DP on about 200 Funhouses and 100-200 Bride of Pinbot machines. They also tested a coating called L.S. Top Coat on some Funhouses. It didn't hold up as well as DP did. I had a topcoat Funhouse, and while the playfield colors were still as vibrant as new, the finish was cracked everywhere!

Aeneas has some great info here:
http://www.flippers.be/pinball_playfields.html

#24 11 years ago

White Water were also diamond plated as well

#25 11 years ago

there is a dp roller games in a laundromat near me. i know the op and he is going to pull it soon and put in another game. i have first dibs on it if i want it. it needs a shop job pretty bad but works well.

#26 11 years ago

Everything T2 and later was Diamondplated, logo or not. I have a sample T2 that had no DP, but the entire run of 'production' games were DP.

#27 11 years ago

Such a cool game. I'm still wanting to play a good example. There is one at a pizza place near me and it is in horrible shape, though I could still see the potential.

#28 11 years ago

Mine was in rough shape but never had any issues with it. What's a high score on this one. I've posted a 37 mill awhile back and felt like a great game. Found the zone. This game is severely underrated. Has anyone ever notice before you plunge a ball(ball one) the music change between major minor and diminished. On ball 3 before the ball plunge it's just diminished. Or maybe I was just a little to buzzed

#29 11 years ago

I have never played Rollergames much, but when I played one that was playing right...I enjoyed it quite a bit. The last one I saw at a show had a severely weak upper flipper. The cheesy theme and theme (music) are both a big draw for me.

I'm finding myself being drawn more to DMD games, but could still possably see some more system 11 goodness in my future.

#30 11 years ago

Great playing pin! But after listening to it for 2 or three games I just want to punch someone.........

#31 11 years ago

I thought that the music would bother me too also thought that I would not like Dr. Who because of the sounds. After owning both games and playing them the sounds and music don't bother me at all.
I guess most of my collection has music and or sounds that are kind of annoying.
FT, WH20, RS, DR.Who, RG, TFTC

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rollergames-in-the-house and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.