(Topic ID: 82152)

Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown 2014

By jalpert

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

World Cup Soccer - PF.jpg
    Simpsons.jpg
    World Cup Soccer - BG.jpg
    Embryon.jpg
    AC-DC Luci - PF.jpg
    Banzai Run - BG.jpg
    AC-DC Luci - BG.jpg
    Banzai Run - PF.jpg
    Metallica.jpg
    image-1.jpg
    image-275.jpg
    sparky-984.jpg
    IMG_2548.JPG
    Pin Players.jpg
    Wooden Pinball.jpg
    RMPSfreebies.jpg
    There are 296 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
    #251 10 years ago

Thanks for sharing guys! 2nd year in a row I've missed this. Almost makes me feel like I was lucky enough to have been there......almost. We gotta have more local pin parties!!!

#252 10 years ago
    Quoted from Cybergoonie:

Thanks for sharing guys! 2nd year in a row I've missed this. Almost makes me feel like I was lucky enough to have been there......almost. We gotta have more local pin parties!!!

ONE local pin party would be better than none

I'm game.

#253 10 years ago

Yes, we do need more pin parties!

#254 10 years ago
    Quoted from hawkeye11:

Audit time.

Jacks Open - 695
    Ice Revue - 360 (Tourney game)

Mike,

Did Jacks Open win any awards, I didn't stick around to see?

Awesome time this weekend and good to hang with some good friends I don't see too often, sad it has to be another year for another show, we need 2/year!

#255 10 years ago

Jacks took 1st in em and 3rd in best of show. I'm proud of that little Ice Revue, 50 years old and trucked along the whole show with no problems.

#256 10 years ago

I played the crap out of Jacks Open. Thanks for bringing that. That, the Sky Jump, and Cherry Bell were my favorite EMs. Who owns that Cherry Bell and how do I convince them to sell it to me immediately?

#257 10 years ago

I finally got to play Mustang about 10 times. Could not hear the callous very well, it was fun of course. Kinda on the fence whether to wait for Borg's next game. I would probably end up only buying it to make mods for it. I am penciled in for the Premium. I did have several pinsiders with good mod ideas, that I will announce in a week or so.

#258 10 years ago

Had a great time at home this weekend

lol, next year I'm going... there will be no more inviting family come in to town to stay with us on the same weekend as RMPS!

Love the pics and reports!!

#259 10 years ago

I was at the RMPS on Friday from opening through 3:30 p.m. or so. This was my first pinball show and I thoroughly enjoyed it, well worth the price of admission! Seemed like a great space for the event, the lines for games weren't bad (other than WOZ I rarely saw more than one person waiting to play a game, though the lines did get longer as the day went on), and I got to play every game I wanted to at least a couple of times over the 4-5 hours I was there (more a problem of too many games I wanted to try out than of too many people in line). And the bathrooms were immaculate despite what you hear about other pinball events! I'm definitely in for next year, hopefully for more than one day.

It was awesome having the opportunity to play so many nicely maintained games, most of which were up and running most of the time I was there on Friday. One big surprise for me was Iron Man which I'd never played before -- I still don't care for the photoshoped art job, but the wild magnets and speedy gameplay are pretty sweet, and I can see why people love this game.

#260 10 years ago
    Quoted from Hyperball91:

And here's 4 more photos of pins I played. Cheers, Mal

Embryon.jpg 344 KB

World Cup Soccer - BG.jpg 248 KB

Simpsons.jpg 345 KB

World Cup Soccer - PF.jpg 256 KB

That's my BOP to the left of WCS. It was a great show, Dan and Holly are awesome people for putting there life aside every year to provide us with this great opportunity to keep pinball alive. Nice meeting Tim and Kristin from Mezelmods, had a fun time speaking with you guys and playing your Metallica. I was most proud of my Flash, it was a trooper and never had any issues. The only part that sucked was loading out in the snow Sunday night!

Audits to come as soon as I can set them up again.

#261 10 years ago

Cool, I didn't get to play your Bride of Pinbot unfortunately, so seeing as how you're just up the road from me, I'm in Briargate, I'll have to come up to Castle Rock to meet you and play it one day.
    I'm pretty sure I played your Flash. If I had been there Sunday I would have helped people load their pins.
    I don't know Dan and Holly, but it sounds like they need kudos for putting on a great show.

#262 10 years ago
    Quoted from NY2Colorado:

Didn't make it this year, but you can feel the enthusiasm from everyone here. We are so spoiled here that you sometimes forget the wide eyed wonder of the first pinball show or playing a machine you haven't played in years and years.

Here is some live action.

#263 10 years ago

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that brought games! The wife and I had a good time.

#264 10 years ago

Yes thanks to retailers like Game Exchange, Universal Pinball Sales, Pinball Jones and to the many owners/collectors who brought their games. Great show and thanks for all who worked hard to make it a success.
    I wish I could do that some year but right now it's just not possible for me to.

#265 10 years ago

Anyone here going to Lyons?

#266 10 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

Anyone here going to Lyons?

The Lyons Spring Classic next month you mean? I am planning on entering.

#267 10 years ago

I'm registered. Can't wait!

#268 10 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

Yes. Cool! Do register, and I'll buy the first beer! Unless you're Mormon... then I'll just wink and nod at you as you walk by

Quoted from Caucasian2Step:

Sweet! I hope you beat my brains in

#269 10 years ago

Audits from the show...

Bride of Pinbot 720 plays
    Flash 481 plays
    Buccaneer 659 plays

#270 10 years ago
    Quoted from Hyperball91:

Cool, I didn't get to play your Bride of Pinbot unfortunately, so seeing as how you're just up the road from me, I'm in Briargate, I'll have to come up to Castle Rock to meet you and play it one day.
    I'm pretty sure I played your Flash. If I had been there Sunday I would have helped people load their pins.
    I don't know Dan and Holly, but it sounds like they need kudos for putting on a great show.

Sounds good, we really need to get a club together!

#271 10 years ago

cool, and yes, great idea!

#272 10 years ago

Thought I might have had more pinball than I could handle, but nope! The Marco Mustang was set up FAST. I really enjoyed that one. Had the HS last I checked The gex one was a bit slower and didn't do it for me.

The playfield lights on WOZ were broken Friday and most of Saturday I think. Really a shame, it looked like crap without it and a lot of folks just thought it was "a dark game".

I'm may be late to this but a lot of games had those new plastic-rubber flippers. Fantastic. Bought a new set for each of my machines.

#273 10 years ago
    Quoted from Up2L8:

The playfield lights on WOZ were broken Friday and most of Saturday I think

Yes they got it going before lights out. Funny even with 5 lights I enjoyed it and there was always a line . On my radar for sure.

#274 10 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

Quoted from Caucasian2Step:

Adam Lefkoff just posted the Friday pingolf sched. I'm in the first group. Yikes!

http://www.lefkoff.com/lyons_spring_classic/tee_times.htm

#275 10 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

Adam Lefkoff just posted the Friday pingolf sched. I'm in the first group. Yikes!

http://www.lefkoff.com/lyons_spring_classic/tee_times.htm

Oh crap I hadn't signed up yet, guess i better get on it. I had to wait to confirm I don't have a business trip that day that could come up. Hope I can still get in a week or so from now

#276 10 years ago

May is going to be a good month for pinball here in Colorado =)

#277 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

May is going to be a good month for pinball here in Colorado =)

What's happening in May? Stern's new release announcement of Iron Maiden right!

#278 10 years ago

Video tour of the show.

Ron...

#279 10 years ago

Nice video. Glad I left when I did. Stupid snow.

#280 10 years ago

Nice video Ron. I saw Kim at 1:29 and that's me playing DNO's Banzai Run at 3:36. I still had my jacket on. I never did get the ball up into the back glass.

#281 10 years ago

Thanks for making the tour and posting it up Ron, really bummed I couldn't make it this year. So it was great getting to feel like I at least walked around even if I didn't get to post any scores

#282 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gizmonic:

Video tour of the show.

my son and his sisters appear twice....he was disappointed in his tournament play...and he had to play Escher...I think it might be time for Escher to just play in the regular tourny and let the kids play in the kids tourney

#283 10 years ago

Hah, you caught me in the vid too...

#284 10 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

What's happening in May? Stern's new release announcement of Iron Maiden right!

IFPA National's In Lyons

IFPA WORLDS! at Game Exchange

#285 10 years ago

Colorado in May, the place to be. My birthday jammy is at my joint on Friday the 9th. Msg me for details.

#286 9 years ago

It only took me a couple of weeks, but I finally have my games set up enough to grab the audits off of them from Pinball Showdown. I brought 18 games to the show this year, and collectively they were played 11,812 times! I had very few problems over the weekend - off memory I know Getaway was shut down Saturday evening because the coil wire for the auto kicker came desoldered. Black Knight broke 2 flipper springs. Ball kept getting stuck on Addams Family and occasionally on Tales of the Arabian Nights too. Shooter lane switch actuator on Medieval Madness broke. Probably about half the games I never had to open the entire weekend.

List of games, plays, and highest score for the weekend:

Whitewater - 264 plays - 1,177,436,740 ZEN
    Pinbot - 410 plays - 3,109,800 DNO
    World Poker Tour - 528 plays - 105,781,060 WPG
    Tales of the Arabian Nights - 539 plays - 71,059,590 JMS
    Getaway - 573 plays - 650,403,150 ZEN
    World Cup Soccer - 593 plays - 2,853,397,510 DUG
    Medieval Madness - 598 plays - 73,835,970 HMC
    Shrek - 639 plays - 65,694,830 AAAAA
    Spider-Man - 654 plays - 267,456,420 YAW
    Black Knight - 702 plays - 2,447,370
    Addams Family - 725 plays - 249,863,560 RIK
    Avatar LE - 726 plays - 67,372,990 RJG
    Wheel of Fortune - 728 plays - 61,290,910 WJC
    AC/DC - 730 plays - 146,991,810 MO
    Iron Man - 827 plays - 68,119,420 KEV
    Mousin' Around - 816 plays - 8,929,100 KIM
    Fish Tales - 818 plays - 450,760,000
    Dr. Dude - 942 plays - 18,866,070 MIK

Total plays: 11,812!

I spent a lot of time before the show making sure my games were properly level and playing reasonably good. Dr. Dude was pretty brutal, unfortunately - the ball apparently kept draining out of the pops or from the left lane it would bump a post and go SDTM. Nudging was your friend here. That one probably wasn't a lot of fun for the average population, I'm going to need to loosen it up a bit for the next show.

I hope everyone enjoyed the games!

Kevin

#287 9 years ago
    Quoted from Kevkat:

I hope everyone enjoyed the games!

Are you kidding me. Thanks to your effort and time you really helped put this years expo over the top. Thank you so much Kevin

Quoted from Kevkat:Mousin' Around - 816 plays - 8,929,100 KIM

This was my favorite .

#288 9 years ago

Kevkat - can't thank you enough! Loved Mousin' Around, and especially Iron Man, and *especially* Wheel of Fortune. Had never played any of those before. Kudos for all the hard work, it was truly appreciated.

#289 9 years ago

Thanks Kevin for bringing all those games. Awesome!!!!

#290 9 years ago

Would thank you in person if I would have known who you were, but thanks Kevin for bringing all the games. Oddly enough, Mousin' Around was my favorite too. I bet I put nearly 50 games on that one. Maybe it will see an upsurge in popularity and crack the Top 100 soon!

#291 9 years ago

Yep, I woulda thanked you in person too if I had known who you were, so thank you Kev for bringing all your games. Much appreciated. I played a few of your tables, not all. TOTAN was my favourite one to play.

#292 9 years ago

Kevin, thank you for bringing all those killer pins! The high score on SM was mine, woo hoo! I truely enjoyed that and IM, both were setup beautifully. Thanks again!

#293 9 years ago

Dude your scores were insane . Give lessons !

#294 9 years ago
    Quoted from RobKnapp:

Dude your scores were insane . Give lessons !

Just got lucky and had the best games of my life on SM and mezel mods' MET. Believe me, I could use some lessons myself.

#295 9 years ago

friggin ZEN just crushin it right now.

#296 9 years ago

Between Kevin McCarthy, Dean Grover and TimStix... I'd say that's about half the show. Considering they are hobbyists (with all due respect to the vendors who brought lots of games as well) these guys MADE the showdown. I am happy to hoof your games about anytime for an event like this. Thank you to all the people who brought games and made this the best RMPS in years.

Now I can't wait for Dory Hill!!!

There are 296 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rocky-mountain-pinball-showdown-2014/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.