Road Show Thoughts?

Started 2 years ago by mtp78 in forum MarketBuying advice.

Road Show Thoughts?

Topic summary

• Started 2 years ago by mtp78
  • 32 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from PinFan4Life

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs

Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!

RobT

Pinside legend
    12,287,623 3
    2 years ago
    #
    BillinIndiana said:

True.. They're still around, but the RS price definitely has climbed faster and higher than the JP.

That's true....and to be expected I guess (Williams vs DE). I wouldn't mind owning a JP at some point.

2 years ago
    #

a nice one sold on E-Bay this afternoon. I was curious what it would finally end at as the bids were creeping up during the last 3-4 days, final price at $2425.

ebay.com link

2 years ago
    #

I have a nice one I would sell for 1950. Send pm for details. In phila pa area.

2 years ago
    #

I seen one on Mr. Pinball that was only $1600. It's in KANSAS !! Little far for me to drive with the $4/ gal of gas..

2 years ago
    #

There is a RS for sale in the Cincinnati area. I know the seller, but I don't think that he's listed the game anywhere as being FS. Not sure of the price or the condition, although I think the game is in good shape. If interested, PM me and I'll hook you up.

RobT

Pinside legend
    12,287,623 3
    2 years ago
    #
    JesseB said:

a nice one sold on E-Bay this afternoon. I was curious what it would finally end at as the bids were creeping up during the last 3-4 days, final price at $2425.
    ebay.com link

Funny you mention this, I was tracking that one as well.

2 years ago
    #

Owned , Played , Liked it a Lil- , Sold it..

2 years ago
    #

Played it on location a few times, and I liked it quite a bit. Music didn't thrill me, but didn't bother me because it fit the theme well. The shaker was a cool addition, and there was a lot of variety. Very fun (and pretty funny).

2 years ago
    #
    JesseB said:

ebay.com link

Hell, if that RS went for $2500 mine should go for $3000. When I get done putting it back together....

2 years ago
    #
    RobT said:

I picked my RS up about six weeks ago from a fellow Pinsider (squeakman). I bought it based on playing it a couple times previously and really liking it. Honestly, for some reason the first several days I had it I was having a hard time remembering what I liked about it. Bottom line is that I simply wasn't hitting my shots and therefore was not advancing through the game at all. I was starting to think that I had made a mistake.
    Kept at it, started hitting my shots, made it much deeper into the game, and low and behold...I feel that this pin has it all. Great shots, loops, ramps, diverters, two plungers, shaker, 4 flippers, great humor, and tons of modes. The modes aren't just quantity either, the quality is excellent as most of them are just great!
    Getting across the country is satisfying, and getting Super Payday is a lot of fun. While six weeks isn't a long time and can still be considered the "honey moon" period, I can say that this pin continues to impress me more the longer I have it and play it.
    I've been motivated by how much I love this pin to start pimping it out. Looks great with LEDs, PDI decals, etc. It's in great condition too. Thanks Squeakman!
    Really a very cool, super fun and addicting pin!

I'm glad to see this pin gets some respect. It's a favorite in our house, particularly with the wife and daughter. I think the game has great flow, and all of the modes really blend well together. I can see this as a pin on the rise as other titles are going skyhigh price wise.

2 years ago
    #
    Leeb18509 said:

Hell, if that RS went for $2500 mine should go for $3000. When I get done putting it back together....

exactly, mine is a lot nicer too

pinster68 said:

I'm glad to see this pin gets some respect. It's a favorite in our house, particularly with the wife and daughter. I think the game has great flow, and all of the modes really blend well together.

funny thing, when I'm buying a item from Bob's Bunker (a very distinct sound happens as the bulldozer pulls up to the store), the kids always run over from the other side of the room to see what I'm buying. I don't know how many different items are for sale .... maybe 20-30, but it fascinates them for some reason. Especially if I get one of the special gold, zinc, or lead pinballs as the item for sale.

RobT

Pinside legend
    12,287,623 3
    2 years ago
    #
    pinster68 said:

I'm glad to see this pin gets some respect. It's a favorite in our house, particularly with the wife and daughter. I think the game has great flow, and all of the modes really blend well together. I can see this as a pin on the rise as other titles are going skyhigh price wise.

It's got to be one of the very best bang for the buck pins out there. I would agree with the expectation of seeing the value of these go up.

JesseB said:

funny thing, when I'm buying a item from Bob's Bunker (a very distinct sound happens as the bulldozer pulls up to the store), the kids always run over from the other side of the room to see what I'm buying. I don't know how many different items are for sale .... maybe 20-30, but it fascinates them for some reason. Especially if I get one of the special gold, zinc, or lead pinballs as the item for sale.

That's great!

2 years ago
    #

Bang for buck........expensive.......cheap.........flowing.......stop start..........country......call it what you like, TZ should be holding RS's balls

RobT

Pinside legend
    12,287,623 3
    2 years ago
    #
    roadshow16 said:

Bang for buck........expensive.......cheap.........flowing.......stop start..........country......call it what you like, TZ should be holding RS's balls

I love TZ too, and I love having both at the same time. They have similarities......but are very different.

And I have no problem with someone saying that RS is the better pin. I take that more as a compliment to RS than I do criticism of TZ. Both are great in my opinion.

2 years ago
    #

TZ is a good pin, it just lacks the joy that RS bestows in its players, TZ is good, RS is great IMO of course

2 years ago
    #

Also RobT, how would you compare RS to NGG? I don't have a lot of time spent on NGG but it is a machine that has always intrigued me, I put it in a similar bracket to RS, underrated Lawlor game because people aren't too keen on the theme. I certainly hope to own a NGG one day

2 years ago
    #

RS has some great features. The only knock against it is its linear rule set, but it was designed very well. Multiball is difficult without the timed ball save in all modern pins, but the in-the-mouth jackpots have some great DMD and sound effects. When you get to the west coast, RS has some of the best sound/DMD/lighting/shaker combo effects I've seen in any pin, really makes you feel like you've accomplished something when you get there.

RobT

Pinside legend
    12,287,623 3
    2 years ago
    #
    roadshow16 said:

Also RobT, how would you compare RS to NGG? I don't have a lot of time spent on NGG but it is a machine that has always intrigued me, I put it in a similar bracket to RS, underrated Lawlor game because people aren't too keen on the theme. I certainly hope to own a NGG one day

I've only had the NGG about a week and a half, so I feel it is early to make any definitive statements on how I feel about the pin overall, other than to say that I am liking it so far.

It is very different than RS. NGG is fast and furious, tons of flow and action. RS has plenty of action, but I don't consider it a fast game. NGG is not deep. I haven't even topped the factory GC score on it yet, but I feel like I've already seen all there is to see on NGG (I've got to the Hole in One challenge plenty). I don't know if there is more... but I know NGG is not nearly as deep as RS.

Played them both just an hour ago, as well as TZ. I agree with your comment about TZ not bestowing as much "joy" as RS does. That is a good way of putting it. When I was playing it earlier, I was thinking to myself that I don't know if I will get rid of this one. It is so deep, so fun, so satisfying.

2 years ago
    #

I've had my RS for about 2 years now and I don't plan on selling it. That's a long time for me with a pin. My wife loves the game and will never let me sell it anyway, it's one of her favorites.

Good game!

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.

© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple