Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2065.JPG
IMG_2053.JPG
IMG_2054.JPG
IMG_2057.JPG
IMG_2046.JPG
IMG2031.JPG

There are 193 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 11 years ago

They suck and their mothers are w****s. The backbox was damaged. Forklift, probably. OK. Now, I feel better. Rant off.

Post edited by SealClubber : Language

#2 11 years ago

That sucks. Nicely said though.

#3 11 years ago

Freight Claim Time!.. I try and Avoid R&L Because they break stuff and don't like to pay in my experience.

#4 11 years ago

did you accept the delivery? Sorry to hear they phucked your game up.

#5 11 years ago

I would be pissed if they damaged a $500 game let alone a brand new LE. I don't blame you for ranting.

#6 11 years ago

Man, that sucks.

#7 11 years ago

post up some pics. too soon?

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

They suck and their mothers are whores. The backbox was damaged. Forklift, probably. OK. Now, I feel better. Rant off.

is that official lawyer speak? ;-0

#9 11 years ago

'I could tell he was an attorney by the eloquent way in which he spoke.'

My BIB LE had two puncture holes in the box, but the contents were still okay. I know of another pinsider who's 2 for 2 in receiving freight damaged LE's.

Steve (in Escalon, CA)

#10 11 years ago

Ugh. Sorry to hear. Hopefully they're taking care of it and you didn't sign for it. Any pics?

#11 11 years ago

Yup...R&L got me too. They denied the claim after 6 months of waiting to play my new pin. I didn't have the means to go after them in small claims court...but I'm guessing you do.

Go get them fuckers!

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Yup...R&L got me too. They denied the claim after 6 months of waiting to play my new pin. I didn't have the means to go after them in small claims court...but I'm guessing you do.
Go get them fuckers!

Anyone can go to small claims court. Present pictures of the damage, paperwork, etc. No lawyer needed. Did you try to work it out with the distributor too? Or at least let them know their shipper sucks?

#13 11 years ago

WTF? So now you have to pay to ship in new parts and all that, then fight for them to reimburse you? Hopefully stern can send you a new box asap. Did the boards get bamboozled too?

#14 11 years ago

How can they deny the claim on a NIB?

#15 11 years ago

Wasn't a disty...it was private sale.

I got a small fork gouge in my SM

I still mess with the guy in claims...the company I worked for also no longer uses R&L. Turns out they are always the cheapest quote then tack on a shitload of 'fees'. About once a month I email the claims guy our shipping totals from the other carriers we now use.

It's kinda fun!

Quoted from StevenP:

Anyone can go to small claims court. Present pictures of the damage, paperwork, etc. No lawyer needed. Did you try to work it out with the distributor too? Or at least let them know their shipper sucks?

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

I had a issue with R&L also it took over six months and they finial paid the claim.
I used someone else for the next shipment and had no issues with them.

#17 11 years ago

Did ya sign for it? That was my mistake. I should have made the delivery guy wait until I unpackaged it. I called R&L less than 10 minutes after the game was signed for ...took pictures of the game still sitting where the delivery guy dropped at...and still strapped to the pallet.

I had pictures before shipping...the seller took vids and pics of the game in the packaging process. I have a pic of the game at the sellers house on the pallet and no damage

The reason I was denied is cuz I signed for it. I think I actually had a conversation about this on the phone when you bought my Jackbot

I hope you have better luck!

Quoted from pinlawyer:

#18 11 years ago

The damage was documented and photographed at the scene before the driver left.

#19 11 years ago

Hope what I sent you helps

#20 11 years ago

pics or it didn't happen. Sorry its like a crash on the side off the road we all want to gawk.

#21 11 years ago

Awesome...how bad is it?

Do a little research on R&L...they have a great rep

Quoted from pinlawyer:

The damage was documented and photographed at the scene before the driver left.

#22 11 years ago

Proof that R&L is the highest quality shipper/cartage company; Jack uses them.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Proof that R&L is the highest quality shipper/cartage company

LOL those guys suck so bad. I have got two deliveries from them and both damaged .

Sorry to hear you got ham fisted again .

Jim

#24 11 years ago

Not good news at all. Stress stress and more stress, two flat tires on two different days and even though road hazard was purchased claim denied on the second tire, 4 pins shipped two damages I am batting .500 on things going wrong this week. Not a good start to the new year. I hate this since I am the seller/trader. I did take great pics on the Tron LE leaving thru NAVL but since these were new in box had no idea to take pics of them on the R and L truck. Why oh why cant things be easy!

#25 11 years ago

R&L totally destroyed a power belt conveyor I had shipped to my business a couple of years ago. This conveyor was in a wooden crate and was still destroyed. The crate was busted on both ends and the steel constructed conveyor inside was damaged on each end rendering it inoperable. The powercord was even all frayed and cut off, with the receptacle end floating around in the crate loose. It was so bad it was almost comical.

A pin wouldn't have stood a chance.

#26 11 years ago

R&L and SAIA are two carriers that I've always refused to book. They either don't care or they're sure that they can weasel out of the damage claims, because they both are pretty rough with shipments.

#27 11 years ago

R&L blows....If its documented then they have to pay....and as a lawyer you know to put the issues on the delivery receipt or refuse delivery.....

I had them put a forklift prong through the bottom of my Lotr Le and Automated took care of it with picking it up and sending me another one and then hammering their ass....

Yes it was my first pin and I got a great deal "back in the day"...!

#28 11 years ago

I feel for you, same thing happened to my X-Men Wolverine. Forklift driver ran the blades into the bottom of the cabinet. I refused shipment and called JJ. I got a replacement one week later but went from number 66 to 277. Hope you get a new one soon.

#29 11 years ago

Dear God....please do not let this happen to my WOZ I can't even imagine!! I feel for you!

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

R&L is not allowed to pick up any freight for my mattress company. We had a ton of issues with them (not damage on delivery) but they would constantly show up unannounced on days we were not expecting my freight. Than they would throw a fit if we told them to come back another day. This cost them 1000's of lost revenue but we can see a bad carrier miles away.

I got lucky on Transformers which came in great shape from them, I sighed when I saw there truck pull up.

#31 11 years ago

Is this the shipper JJ is gonna use for our WOZ???? Dear Lord! We've all paid for certain #LE's, so whats gonna happen when they get crunched?

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Is this the shipper JJ is gonna use for our WOZ???? Dear Lord! We've all paid for certain #LE's, so whats gonna happen when they get crunched?

EXACTLY!!!!???

#33 11 years ago

JJ will have some reserves and R&L will pay for the damages!

Get ready...

#34 11 years ago

PL, man, so sorry to hear that. Hope it gets corrected to your satisfaction.

Dan

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

JJ will have some reserves

reserves with the same LE #? Some people have Hobbits reserved just for those macthing #s.
Will be interesting to see how that one plays out.

#36 11 years ago

reserves with the same LE #? Some people have Hobbits reserved just for those macthing #s.
Will be interesting to see how that one plays out.

For WOZ, can't they just take the apron/plaque and certificate and put them on a different game?
I don't think the serial number has anything to do with the LE number.

#37 11 years ago

ABF Carriers have the lowest damage rate of all LTL carriers, its really not even close, they just dont tolerate damage. Their prices reflect this a little... but a good company for sure..

#38 11 years ago

Anyone know what carrier Game Room Guys uses? I'm getting a new pin in a few weeks.

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Can't they just take the apron/plaque and certificate and put them on a different game?

Quoted from cleland:

I refused shipment and called JJ. I got a replacement one week later but went from number 66 to 277.

#40 11 years ago

Quoted from Gexchange:

I try and Avoid R&L Because they break stuff and don't like to pay in my experience.

Looks like it wouldn't be his first choice at least

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Anyone know what carrier Game Room Guys uses? I'm getting a new pin in a few weeks.

Got my X-men from them, don't remember the carrier, but it went smooth. I have had good experiences with them.

#42 11 years ago

Found out the hard way years ago even NAVAL sub- contracts out. Shipping of pins blows- hang in thete, took me about 7 months to get my shippers to settle up on my claim.v

#43 11 years ago

That was a Stern, they do it differently from what JJP is planning.

#44 11 years ago

That supremely sucks... Good luck getting it resolved quickly!

-Wes

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from LP30:

Looks like it wouldn't be his first choice at least

Lol Wrong JJ hes talking about JJP

#46 11 years ago

R&L damaged both of the LEs they shipped to me. I refused shipment and Stern repaired one and replaced another and I assume went after R&L for the damages. Of note, R&L shipped the replacement pins with significant damage to the boxes but luckily no damage to the replacement pins.

I also have a WOZ coming (hopefully soon!) and I have already asked Jack not to ship my pin via R&L.

#47 11 years ago

Bummer. Great colorful language though.

October 2011- My brother and I had the pleasure of watching the forklift operator at the distribution center drop our Tron LE from about 3 feet up.. BAM flat on it's bottom. Front cab was split near the left leg.
We sent it back, got a new game less than 2 weeks later (#64, old game was in the 300's).

#48 11 years ago

It is not just R&L, it is all competitive priced shipping companies including UPS and FedEx. There is no concern for the condition of the parcel, just getting it to it's destination. I have used them all, and have to say R&L is usually the most responsive and quickest to settle a claim.

Quoted from VegasAlleycat:

R&L damaged both of the LEs they shipped to me. I refused shipment and Stern repaired one and replaced another and I assume went after R&L for the damages. Of note, R&L shipped the replacement pins with significant damage to the boxes but luckily no damage to the replacement pins.
I also have a WOZ coming (hopefully soon!) and I have already asked Jack not to ship my pin via R&L.

VegasAlleyCat is also suffering from where he is located. All Vegas terminals have a tremendous amount of traffic with all the trade show activity in that city. This is no excuse, but certainly helps explain his situation. Even with this I will never use R&L for shipment into Vegas.

#49 11 years ago

R and L botched 3 pins of mine last year and one upright arcade game. They flat out refused to pay for any damages.

1) they kept running around and saying they didnt have the right paperwork

2) they kept using their own numbers or pulling dollar amounts that didnt make any sense. It's like they were trying to be retards.

3) they said the machine was used, so they don't pay for damages even though it was stated as fully refurbished with and with receipt.

4) In the end they just said they weren't going to pay for it.

They suck all kinds off ASS. Never again.

#50 11 years ago

We invite you to visit our We Care page to provide input about your experience directly to leadership: http://www2.rlcarriers.com/contact/rl-cares

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
There are 193 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rl-carriers-had-a-ham-fisted-fucktard-ruin-my-avengers-le and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.