Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 years ago by twizz63
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 13 years ago

I am having sound and display issues on my DE Star Wars machine, and I want to replace the ribbon cables before I spend a lot of time going over the electronics on the boards themselves. Where is the best place to get ribbon cables? I have checked most of the pinball parts websites (pinballlife, marco, bay area, mad, etc.) and I am not having any luck. Suggestions?

#2 13 years ago

A computer parts store might have what you need. There is nothing special about the cables. Just need to know the length and number of pins. Take in your old one with you to match it.

#3 13 years ago

I've tried that. Most computer stores only carry standard IDE (hard drive) cables, etc. and they don't have ribbon cables with the number of pins needed for what I need to replace.

#4 13 years ago

Try the online electronics stores like:

www.jameco.com
www.newark.com
www.mouser.com

I'm sure they sell ribbon cable and connector ends and a crimping tool for making you own. Probably have some pre-made as well. Hope this helps.

#5 13 years ago

How many pins on the ribbon cable connector? I know a lot of electronic surplus places that sell all kinds of cable. It's hit or miss if they have what you want but many times they do.

#6 13 years ago

Which cable do you need? Marcos has a butload of them. They at least have the video ones. Just do a search for "ribbon".

#7 13 years ago

Standard ribbon cable?
Pin count and length?

2 weeks later
#8 13 years ago

I have bought parts from several dealers but I have found Marco to be my # 1 and I have bought new ribbon cables for most of my pins. And in about half of those issues the ribbon cables solved my problems. Be very careful when changing them or you will cause more serious and costly problems.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
€ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ribbon-cables and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.