(Topic ID: 16568)

RGP Announcement: Universal MB & CFTBL License Renewed!

By pinster68

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by marksf123
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Saw this announcement over on RGP:

"Exciting news ... Took several months to get thru the gauntlet, but we have
secured a license with Universal for production of Monster Bash and Creature
From the Black Lagoon replacement parts. We have been working on things and
will be releasing very soon!

So, yes we will and are working hard on getting most all the items for the
games covered ... and will be putting products into the market that have
been difficult over the last few years to get!

Thanks for all the support!

rick (AT) planetarypinball (DOT) com"

I smell a nice new hologram in my future. Very exciting news.

Brian

#2 11 years ago

....But arn't they Williams rights owners anyway?

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from BVM:

....But arn't they Williams rights owners anyway?

Yep, they own the williams rights to the games but the actual names and licences are trademark properties of Universal, now they have both pieces of the jigsaw together hopefully all those waitin for new holograms can get one!

#4 11 years ago

Thanks for the info Brian

Nice work Rick

I hope that in time parts for all of the bally/ williams classics are able to be remade to keep them playing like new.

Thanks again for all your work in keeping this hobby alive.

#5 11 years ago

Finally. Let it rain holograms!!!!

#6 11 years ago

Very interesting. I wasn't aware of any parts on MB that are unavailable. Looks like CFTBL is back in business. May have to repurchase that pin since the holo is not gonna be an issue anymore.

#7 11 years ago

Would this include cabinet decals?????

#8 11 years ago

Original mold for the hologram was lost or destroyed, wasn't it? Good news for CFTBL and MB owners regarding other parts.

#10 11 years ago

Now watch the price of CFTBL go up

#11 11 years ago

I thought the original mold was destroyed too - will they be able to be recreated?

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Very interesting. I wasn't aware of any parts on MB that are unavailable

I think most of the parts are there too but I don't ever see the Frankenstein toy so it will be good to have that part reproduced now.

Plus it would be nice to have the "monster bash" key fob for about $3.99 and not $59.99 like on ebay.

#13 11 years ago

my understanding was that the original glass plate master for the hologram was either lost or destroyed.

there were a couple of people who actually still have the model that was used to produce the original hologram, however that process was originally created and produced by polaroid (which has since gone bankrupt). additionally, the process requires some pretty expensive equipment and a clean, stable environment to produce a hologram using a green laser. I read somewhere that one company used a 4,000lb metal table to eliminate any vibration (shifting of the object being scanned by a little as a millimeter would render the hologram blurry).

there's be a lot of discussion on this over the past few years, but with the license in place, hopefully rick will be able to work with some company and create a repro hologram that not only looks as good, but lasts as well as the original holograms <fingers crossed>

#14 11 years ago

Is there a way to actually improve the hologram somehow?

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Honch said:Very interesting. I wasn't aware of any parts on MB that are unavailable
I think most of the parts are there too but I don't ever see the Frankenstein toy so it will be good to have that part reproduced now.
Plus it would be nice to have the "monster bash" key fob for about $3.99 and not $59.99 like on ebay.

I have NEVER seen the Frankenstein toy aside from his arms and dracula is near impossible to find also. I have seen one set of MB cab decals for sale in several months. Glad these things will hopefully become available. Also, I have seen some cool stuff done with the toys being custom painted with LED's in the eyes for Frank and Drac. I would love to order a complete set and send them out for an "upgrade".

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from ebononcini:

Also, I have seen some cool stuff done with the toys being custom painted with LED's in the eyes for Frank and Drac. I would love to order a complete set and send them out for an "upgrade".

I hired a professional model painter to paint my toys. I showed him the videos and some pics of the toys on the net (and some painted examples) and he basically said - do you want them like that or do you want them better? I have seen what he does on toys with far finer detail and a lot smaller scale so I know this could come out pretty incredible. I will post some pics probably in about a month or so....

I meet with him next week to go over how to paint them, colors, shiney, matte. exc...

If anyone has any ideas let me know - i specifically can look for ideas on the bride of frankenstein

I know i am going to do the Dracula and Creature with a shiney finish - i will do the mummy with a dirty matte finish....

#18 11 years ago

Great news! All you CFTBL owners without proper holo's should be jacked about this.

#19 11 years ago

Do you think this will increase or decrease the value of CFTBL?

#20 11 years ago

From a CFTBL owner with a green hologram for now, I'm very excited about longevity now. It appeared there was no help.

I'd imagine the price will go up not so much due to this though. Who knows really? I've only been into it for a short year and change now and its went nuts right after I got into this wonderful hobby.

#21 11 years ago

This is 2012. Back in the 90 holograms were magical. Today there are holograms on everything if they have the original mold we will be fine. I'm pretty sure I made a hologram on my iphone once.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from exflexer:

This is 2012. Back in the 90 holograms were magical. Today there are holograms on everything if they have the original mold we will be fine. I'm pretty sure I made a hologram on my iphone once.

Hopefully maybe back in the 90's they needed the original mold to make them again but now it is 2012 so hopefully the whole process has changed and they can make it better and cheaper without going back to 90's technology or the original mold.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 75.00
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

€ 24.00
$ 9.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rgp-announcement-universal-mb-cftbl-license-renewed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.