002.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG
beer_seal_in_front_of_this_part.jpg
RFM_after_Shop_007.JPG
RFM_after_Shop_014.JPG
RFM_after_Shop_017.JPG
RFM_after_Shop_008.JPG
There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 12 years ago

Well , I have RFM Shop'd except for a Few Led's that i have on Order for some insert's ( I ran out )
Anyway , Dissembled the Upper P/F plastic's and Ramps ( Novus'd and Polished ). Replaced All Rubber's , Replaced All the reg-incandescent GI's w/ New . Polished the P/F , then Resembled . The Flipper's are Strong , I just Replaced the Coil Sleves. Re-aligned the Pop-Bumper switches. 2-Coat's of Semi-Gloss on the inner cab-wall's . Added Frosted Green, Red , and few White to Most of the insert's , I'm short 6 Frosted Green and a Few Red's.. Installed Red Frosted 44's under the Apron . I left the GI's reg-incandescent , I don't want to make it to Bright , It might make the Reflection from the monitor weak.. I Gotta say , I'm Digg-n
RFM.. I've Doubted this Pin for a good while , but after Owning it now,, I Like it !! ( But i'll sell it )
Here's a few Pict's- and i have a Video up-Load-n .

Edit: I just found 2 Red ,, 4+1 Pop-Bumper Led's , so the Left-Ramp will be coming back off.

RFM_after_Shop_001.JPGRFM_after_Shop_001.JPG RFM_after_Shop_006.JPGRFM_after_Shop_006.JPG RFM_after_Shop_008.JPGRFM_after_Shop_008.JPG RFM_after_Shop_017.JPGRFM_after_Shop_017.JPG RFM_after_Shop_014.JPGRFM_after_Shop_014.JPG RFM_after_Shop_007.JPGRFM_after_Shop_007.JPG

#52 12 years ago

Do the Flipper Bat's lOOk to High ? I lined them up with the Hole's like they were. (With the Rubber's Off )

#53 12 years ago

They do look a little high.. getting any strange hops?

Regardless... nice job, bud. Looks fantastic!

#54 12 years ago

Line the flippers up so they match the angle of the inlane guides. Screw the holes.

Just tighten them down a bit, them shift them in place, then fully tighten them.

#55 12 years ago

Working on RFM is awesome, you can just pop the playfield out so easily, only 3 plugs and you can easily do it alone too..not a huge fan of the game myself, but it sure it pretty

#56 12 years ago

No Hop's. I'm Gonna reset them with the Rubber's off and have them below the set Hole. I lined the Flip's like they were , the Point of the bat just in the Middle of the set hole.. ( That was Wrong )

#57 12 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Line the flippers up so they match the angle of the inlane guides. Screw the holes.
Just tighten them down a bit, them shift them in place, then fully tighten them.

+1.

Pin looks great!

#58 12 years ago

Line them up with the rubbers on, don't bother with the holes. If they line up properly to that inlane guide then that's the way you want them..

#59 12 years ago

look great,

just installed few leds in mine today but i'm not done yet rebuilding everything, i changed 3 switchs and one target.
also installed a new rubber (beer seal for lockdown bar) in front of the main target (part with plastic and the big piece of metal where the ball hits all the time..... lolllll, whatever you wanna call it) just cut the right size and it fits perfectly, makes it look new.
i see you also have lots of hits in front of yours too.
another great thing it won't damage your ball from all those hits directly on the metal (the little piece of vinyl don't do much... anyway...

my question is: is there any ghosting? in the inserts.

thank, bob.

#60 12 years ago

Nice job dude. Looks great!

#61 12 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

... also installed a new rubber (beer seal for lockdown bar) in front of the main target (part with plastic and the big piece of metal where the ball hits all the time..... lolllll, whatever you wanna call it) just cut the right size and it fits perfectly, makes it look new.
another great thing it won't damage your ball from all those hits directly on the metal (the little piece of vinyl don't do much... anyway...

Can you elaborate on this please. Any pics?

#62 12 years ago

I've always wondered what the ball was jumping in to on the center shot. Can't see back there with the monitor on.

#63 12 years ago

beatmaster said:... also installed a new rubber (beer seal for lockdown bar) in front of the main target (part with plastic and the big piece of metal where the ball hits all the time..... lolllll, whatever you wanna call it) just cut the right size and it fits perfectly, makes it look new.
Can you elaborate on this please. Any pics?

yeah i'll try to put some pics tomorrow, machine is in the garage office.
basically the ball won't be damage (and the black factory vinyl) from all those shots directly on that big piece of metal and it also makes a better absorbtion. beer seal gave me the best result.

beer_seal_in_front_of_this_part.jpgbeer_seal_in_front_of_this_part.jpg

#64 12 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

my question is: is there any ghosting? in the inserts.

thank, bob.

NONE !!! Use the Frosted .... No Ghosting with this Pin !!! I had 6 minute's left and my Video would've been completed and the Internet shut down .. 14 min- Video will Take me 3.5 hr's to down-load ... Cable Internet .. Ok , but Slow on that end.. Look back 2-morrow..
Also I had Yellow Post Rubber's installed for a bit, I Didn't like'm , I put Black back on.. I Need some of Cliff's Green 1's...

#65 12 years ago
Quoted from tvbenk:

Nice job dude. Looks great!

Thank's ben ,, You Still Have my FT you got from TwDave ?

#66 12 years ago

Flipper bats do look to high. I just shopped mine out and lining the bats to the holes made them angle to much it was almost impossible to hit the ramp shots. They looked like yours. So I lowered them to line up with the inlanes perfectly and now it plays like butter. It's odd becasue on SWE1 the holes line up to the bottom of the bats, odd they would not be the same.

Also the part in the back you have pictured above. The ball always dings that metal bar, its suppose to have a black sticker like film on it. But its always worn off. on mine I used black electrical tape and some mylar to clean it up. This also keeps it darker and looks better in play.

Mat

#67 12 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

tvbenk said:Nice job dude. Looks great!
Thank's ben ,, You Still Have my FT you got from TwDave ?

Yes sir. I haven't forgot about you.

#68 12 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

Theres an amp that Brightens the monitor. It works escpecially well of there is a little gray in your picture. Pretty cheap, under 25-30 bucks i think. Check with Hooked, he knows where to get them. Congrats on the pickup!

I'm Gonna get w/ Hooked about the monitor amp. In the Video here it's look's Dimmer than in Person , the amp wouldn't hurt tho, especially for $ 30 buck's !! Here's the Vid- i shot last-nite. After it was shot i re-aligned the Flipper bat's ,, ( Much Better ) And I finally got to Martian Hypno-Beam but Not in the video , The p/f goes Dark and Round Circles , like the Spiral on TZ appear's Then Mutti-ball ----,, CrazzzY !!

#69 12 years ago

I played RFM at the Nat'l Pinball Museum last weekend for the first time and remember thinking that the flipper bats looked high on the one there also. Since I had never played one before, I didn't know if it was normal or not. Interesting that BR's is like that as well. Maybe they are supposed to be that way???

#70 12 years ago

Great vid, machine looks really clean. Funny comments . Good to have voice with face.

#71 12 years ago

BR let me know how that amp install goes, I recall it sucking big time

#72 12 years ago

B_R if you're installing the Ultimarc amp and have questions, I can help you out man - it's not difficult at all, just the original instructions are terrible. You just need to figure out which monitor you have in the RFM (either a Duckscan or Wells-Gardener, that will determine how to install the wires for the amp).

#73 12 years ago

Looks cool.....Now I might have to find me one I think the kid would love it.

#74 12 years ago

Dang! I forgot how awesome this game is. Especially with the serviceability. Employee lockdown key, easily removable playfield, bulb burnout detection... this thing was state of the art back then and it's still impressive! I really hope JJP incorporates all of these technologies. He hasn't mentioned anything about an employee lockdown but the cabinet IS an all-new design. It may be asking too much to have every little serviceability feature but I have high expectations in this regard.

Heck, how does the machine know when a bulb is burned out? Does it check for continuity when a certain cell of the lamp matrix is energized?

#75 12 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

...bulb burnout detection... this thing was state of the art back then and it's still impressive!

Capcom had a basic form of this also. I'm guessing P2000 tells you which light is burned out, &Capcom just tell you how many are out "somewhere," but still pretty cool.

#76 12 years ago

Great job. Wish you were here to help with mine.

#78 12 years ago

More Led's added , and Did some Magic to the Monitor... New Video coming Soon !!!

Shanetastic and my sister-n-law are spending the night , Tequilla , beer . Pizza and Pinball ...

#79 12 years ago

Terrible game but lOOk @ the Diff- ...

#80 12 years ago

Played RFM for the first time today. No clue why it doesn't get more love as I absolutely loved it. In my opinion it was much more fun than AFM but I haven't really played both enough to form a solid opinion.

I'm not in a place to buy now as I don't get my bonus till April 1st but when it sells I'd love to know what it went for. Just curios to know the going rate for a nice one so that I know if I should add it to my wishlist or keep it off due to being out of my price range.

#81 12 years ago

S.tastic brought a spare computer and we loaded up Game Version 1.5 .. More Mode's and Score's , Ball save , etc ,, Awesome !! I have 3 PinHead's wanting it .. I think I'll Keep it a Bit Longer . Maybe till my AC/DC Prem- arrive's .. ( Never Know tho ) It All depend's on what Pin's I find between Now & Then !!

004.JPG004.JPG 003.JPG003.JPG 002.JPG002.JPG 001.JPG001.JPG

#82 12 years ago

Arg, I want one.

#83 12 years ago

Nice score BR . So, when do you plan on selling it before or after ac/dc?

#84 12 years ago

So its home use? Wow. The build quality is amazing on it. So easy to work on. You dont have to remove balls to raise playfield.

I feel this is must have if your a big collector.

#85 12 years ago

You dont have to remove balls to raise playfield.

I feel this is must have if your a big collector.

I remove the ball's B-4 raising any P/F .. There's a Key to unlock the Lock-bar , take the glass out and work on the P/F ,( you Can't raise the P/F unless the Coin-door is Open ) . RFM is the Smartest / and Most Advanced Pin that I've Owned so Far..

Nice score BR . So, when do you plan on selling it before or after ac/dc?

Not Sure , I could sell it this coming week, I have 3 - Dedicated Buyer's interested !! I'm Enjoy-n it Right now , especially since the 1.5 Version has been installed and the Fly-back on the monitor was fixed .. Had 1 member wanting me to Lock in a Price and a Commitment , ( More or Less Put it in Stone that RFM was his for a Set amount ) I said NO !! Not yet ...

alien.gifalien.gif

009.JPG009.JPG

#86 12 years ago

There are a couple settings to make the game more fun.

Dead mode orbits loop and center shots loop..enable those 2 I believe...

#87 12 years ago

There were Alot of Feature adjustment's that were added , the best was ball-save ,, Oh Yea !!

Another mode added was Alien Autopsy . So much more .. I know in another Thread I talked smack about RFM , ( I Gotta Quit do-n that about Any Pin ) Mainly because you Can't Really Judge a Pin until you have Owned it and Really got into it . I can Say Honestly , RFM is in My Top 5.
Now I need to Rate it .

#88 12 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Dead mode orbits loop and center shots loop..enable those 2 I believe...

Yes, one of the settings makes the inside lock loop send the ball through the loop vs stopping it with the pop up post. It flows way faster with the enabled and it keeps you on your toes as the ball fires down at you quick when not getting locked.

Also, I'll bet most are not aware of the super skill shot. Hold down the right flipper button when plunging the ball and it will send it around the orbit. Then hit it up a ramp or orbit for the super skill.

I agree that when I first got mine I thought I would dump it in a couple of months but I'm enjoying it more and more as I play it and get to know it better. I keeping mine for a while and need to adjust my rating.

#90 12 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

There were Alot of Feature adjustment's that were added , the best was ball-save ,, Oh Yea !!
Another mode added was Alien Autopsy . Some much more .. I know in another Thread I talked smack about RFM , ( I Gotta Quit do-n that about Any Pin ) Mainly because you Can't Really Judge a Pin until you have Played it and Really got into it . I can Say Honestly , RFM is in My Top 5.
Now I need to Rate it .

Same here, I've played quite a few and rated quite a few, but some after playing a real nice one my rating changes. Why haven't you rated many more seeing as you've owned many more in the past?

#91 12 years ago

I'm waiting for you to say it's sold, B_R.

#92 12 years ago

Ohh Man,,, Not yet !!

#94 12 years ago

Bringing this thread back from the dead...

How long would you say it takes your RFM to boot up? Reason I ask is because I just got one with a Nucore and it takes maybe 30 seconds. Thinking of swapping the mb/cpu with newer, using a SSD, and reinstalling OS.

#95 12 years ago

Mine takes about 30 secs-1 minute to fully boot up and its all stock

#96 12 years ago

Ok that's good info, thanks! I was concerned the nucore was slowing the process down due to emulation.

#97 12 years ago

I'm waiting for you to say it's sold, B_R.
--------------------------------------------------

It's Sold !!!

Southbound & his Wife Robin made the drive up from S.Carolina to Buy RFM 2-nite. I had Alot of interested Buyer's on this Pin , a Few Local and Several Not.. RFM is a Tank , and I Didn't want to Ship it.. Anyway , Southbound , i Hope you and Robin have as Much Fun w/ it as i did.

It's Also GREAT to see a wife Highly interested like Yr's is.. I'm Pretty Sure she want's a BSD next

Also Shanetastic & Osakiijimbo drop'd by to hang-out , ( and Again Osakii ) thanxx for the suit-case of Coor's Lt ... Much Appreciated !!!

011.JPG011.JPG 012.JPG012.JPG 013.JPG013.JPG 015.JPG015.JPG

#98 12 years ago

Congrats on the sale, B_R.

#99 12 years ago

Some day I will own one of these!

#100 12 years ago

Hope he wrapped that thing up some, shielded it from the elements somehow.. Or that it's a very clear night, bug free. Very cold up here in Ohio at the moment, but that doesn't mean anything to the Carolinas...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

7,500 (OBO)
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-is-in-the-b_r-grg/page/2?ti=0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.