Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by j_m_
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hi ,rented an update card from rob anthony tring to update game board is plugged in went to enable code and nothing any ideas .Thanks

#2 9 years ago

haven't tried this myself, however I do know that you need to have a pc with a working serial port (or a usb-serial adapter). you may need a null modem cable as well (where pins 2 & 3 are crossed)

additionally, I believe that the 1.5 or 1.6 rom images need to be in the same folder that you run the update program from (they may also need to be in a .zip file)

note: make sure that you set the baud rate on the serial port 9600
some people have noted that if it fails, attempt it repeatedly. they were able to get it to update on the 2nd or 3rd attempt

here's a youtube video detailing the process (which may help)

#3 9 years ago

I my not understand the question . I sold my RFM years ago. But if you are talking about updating the game code . I installed eprom ROMs .

#4 9 years ago

I call Rob on friday and he said just plug the board in and let the update run I'm waiting on a call from Rob for a walk through

#5 9 years ago

You do not need a PC if you are using Rob's board. It is preprogrammed with the update you want.

Here is the basic Information. It's in German so translate the page and you will get the idea. You will find the info a little lower on the page.

http://www.pinball2000.de/nov_juni.htm

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6 9 years ago

that's pretty nifty. I had no idea it was that easy with a pub card (which I picked up a while back, but had no idea what it actually was

#7 9 years ago

Ok thanks guys talked to Rob today could be a bad puc . he is going to check it out, if its a bad puc he will send another one if that isn't it I have another problem

#8 9 years ago

I just updated mine too with pub card, and the new light show is amazing, and I now have all the mystery modes instead of just one.

One downside, every time I start the game the volume is blasting and I need to open coin door to manually turn it down.

2 weeks later
#9 9 years ago

Can someone give me a run down on the PUB card? I have both playfields and roms on daughterboards, but no PUB card and not sure how they work. Thanks.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Can someone give me a run down on the PUB card? I have both playfields and roms on daughterboards, but no PUB card and not sure how they work. Thanks.

you can purchase a pub card from pinball.co (pinball spare parts australia) for about $32 plus shipping.
http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/04-12863.html

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 85.00
4,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs
Decals
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.