Revenge From Mars is Here!!!

Started 2 years ago by Jnewton in forum PinsideWebsite.

Forum » Pinside » Website » Topic

Revenge From Mars is Here!!!

Topic summary

• Started 2 years ago by Jnewton
  • 11 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from Jnewton

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs

Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!

2 years, 9 months ago
    #

I know it is early in the game for my collecting "career"(2 years/5games), but I grabbed my pinball "grail" this weekend, Revenge From Mars. I must admit, the movie "Tilt:The Battle to Save Pinball" is quite the propaganda piece and got me wanting to own this game even more. I played this particular game at the owners house after buying a No Fear from him. He had RFM and SW EP1 side by side, and after playing the game for a while, I joked that he needed to sell it to me but he said it was one of his faves, so I thought my odds of landing this particular one were pretty slim. He sent me an email about a month ago, and after some intense bartering, we agreed upon a fair price and I was on my way to get it. Of course, my first try was a miserable failure as my arcade hauler pooped out on me about an hour from my house, so I had to be towed home:(. I was thinking this was a sign, but my wife convinced me to go for it, so I headed up Saturday and got the game. Other than the miserable trip down the steps to my basement, it was a fun adventure. I posted some pics below, as well as a picture of the entrance to my basement with my "home made" arcade sign. Thanks for reading!!

2 years, 9 months ago
    #

SWEET! Congrats...and I totally dig your sign! BTW, having your Pin transporter poop out is better than BR's encounter with PinBot meeting the road!

2 years, 9 months ago
    #

Yeah, I remember reading that, heartbreaking to be sure. Thanks for the props on the sign! I just wanted something custom and went for it..

2 years, 9 months ago
    #

looks great nice pin.I love mine.

2 years, 9 months ago
    #

Good catch

2 years, 9 months ago
    #

Sounds like your wife is a peach. congrats on your RFM!!!

2 years, 9 months ago
    #

RFM is definitely on my short list. Congrats!

2 years, 9 months ago
    #
    The_Gorilla said:

POSTED 1 HOUR AGO | #
    Sounds like your wife is a peach. congrats on your RFM!!!

Definitely. She loves the games as well, so that helps. She used to ask when I was going to be done, but I think she knows the answer to that now lol...

pin-tastic

Pinball addict
    1,161,150 4
    2 years, 9 months ago
    #

Congratulations, have you ever considered adding a SWE1 kit to it someday down the road ?

2 years, 9 months ago
    #

Have fun with it jnewton

2 years, 9 months ago
    #
    pin-tastic said:

Congratulations, have you ever considered adding a SWE1 kit to it someday down the road ?

Actually, that is a goal. I will most likely upgrade to NuCore next year and after that, I will likely be on the hunt for a kit. For now, I am gonna replace the power supply and the motherboard fan. That is the recommendation from the Pinrepair guides anyways...

2 years, 9 months ago
    #
    jwwhite15 said:

SWEET! Congrats...and I totally dig your sign! BTW, having your Pin transporter poop out is better than BR's encounter with PinBot meeting the road!

I remember that...Good story. I laughed, I cried.
    Nice pick up. and I love the sign...maybe you should sell them.

2 years, 9 months ago
    #
    Jnewton said:

Other than the miserable trip down the steps to my basement, it was a fun adventure ...

I can totally relate. When I purchased my RFM and SWE1, we had to move both machines out of the guy's basement and then down into mine. Those suckers are heavy!

2 years, 9 months ago
    #
    gweempose said:

I can totally relate. When I purchased my RFM and SWE1, we had to move both machines out of the guy's basement and then down into mine. Those suckers are heavy!

Did you take yours apart? We pretty much had to on mine, since it was too tall to fit in my wife's minivan...Even on "sliders" these suckers are noticeably heavier than my other pins..

2 years, 9 months ago
    #
    Jnewton said:

Did you take yours apart?

I removed the heads, but I left the playfields in.

erak

Pinball master
    2,197,650 5
    2 years, 9 months ago
    #

Awesome man, I hope to get a RFM someday. That Arcade sign rocks! I need one!

2 years, 9 months ago
    #
    erak said:

That Arcade sign rocks!

I agree. You should sell them, Jnewton. How long did it take to make?

2 years, 9 months ago
    #

I like RFM and I would really like to play a SWE1.

2 years, 9 months ago
    #
    gweempose said:

erak said:
    That Arcade sign rocks!
    I agree. You should sell them, Jnewton. How long did it take to make?

Thanks for the props, I worked really hard on it, so it's nice that people like it.
    I made it around the Christmas/New Years Holidays, about 2 weeks. I waited until after Xmas for the lights to be on sale;). The letters I got from a craft store and Pac Man and the Ghosts, I cut out out of wood and painted. The lights/pellets stay on all the time right now, but I would eventually switch to flashing or chasing ones. Thanks again!

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.

© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple