View topic image gallery

Taxi Topper 3.jpg
Taxi Topper 2.jpg
Taxi Topper 1.jpg
20140225_174142.jpg
20140225_174134.jpg
20140122_164412.jpg
20140122_160524.jpg

There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 10 years ago

Hey fellow pinsiders, I am coming to the end of the line for proofing on new reproduction Taxi toppers!

These are looking fantastic!!!

The toppers will be available in approx 3 wks I'm guessing to start shipping, so I thought I would start the list now to those who are definitely interested. The decals are available on several different vendors/distributors.

These are ran at a limited quantity so get them while you can!

The price will be $115 with $15 shipped in lower US states, add $10 for Canada.

Please email me directly, [email protected] , to be on the list but this does not secure your spot unless paid in full! Include your name, address, pinside username, and quantity you'd like if more than one please. Also, reply here so I can correspond with the correct names and pinside info. I will try to update as quick as possible on this thread.

I will accept PayPal as a "gift" or add fees(believe it is 4% now), and the email above is my PayPal info.

Hope you guys like!

Thanks,
Kelly

#2 10 years ago

A little preview.....20140122_160524.jpg20140122_160524.jpg

#3 10 years ago

Email sent. Looks great, thanks for doing these.

#4 10 years ago

Looks fantastic! These have been needing to be done for quite awhile! I'll take a few of these. PM sent.

#5 10 years ago

nice work .. mail sent!

#6 10 years ago

Count me in for one buddy.
You know I need one.

So glad these are finally being remade. Many Taxi's are going to be very happy in a few weeks.

#7 10 years ago

These will have the mounting holes right?

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

These will have the mounting holes right?

You got it! This is a prototype but final product will have holes to fit!

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from scottself:

Email sent. Looks great, thanks for doing these.

Thanks emailed sent!

#10 10 years ago

email sent for one

Thanks- Scott

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Count me in for one buddy.
You know I need one.
So glad these are finally being remade. Many Taxi's are going to be very happy in a few weeks.

Gotcha bro

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

Looks fantastic! These have been needing to be done for quite awhile! I'll take a few of these. PM sent.

Email sent...thanks sir!

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

nice work .. mail sent!

Email sent

Quoted from WeirPinball:

email sent for one
Thanks- Scott

Email sent
Thanks guys!

#14 10 years ago

Another teaser...man what a diff! Sure beats my old one!!!20140122_164412.jpg20140122_164412.jpg

#15 10 years ago

And it's defintely translucent? Will light up just like the original? If so, I'm in for one immediately.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

And it's defintely translucent? Will light up just like the original? If so, I'm in for one immediately.

Yes! It is same, and only material(white translucent acrylic) that is translucent for this application just as original! This material is also more expensive than the clear acrylics as other toppers and ramps are formed from. Another reason why no one has reproduced this yet.

Sorry guess I shoulda explained that in first post.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from kray37:

Yes! It is same, and only material(white translucent acrylic) that is translucent for this application just as original! This material is also more expensive than the clear acrylics as other toppers and ramps are formed from. Another reason why no one has reproduced this yet.

You beauty....you will recieve an email from me very shortly.

#18 10 years ago

Email sent for one.

#19 10 years ago

Looking good. Email sent.

#20 10 years ago

Looks Fantastic...E-Mail Sent!

Just finished with my Taxi Restoration and can't wait to add this....

Stu

#21 10 years ago

Email and money sent! Now if someone could just do the Spinout ramp!

#22 10 years ago

Email sent. Thanks for making these. Luckily the only non broken good thing about my taxi was the spin out ramp. Can't wait to have this restoration finished.

-Jim

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from PinWiz17:

Email and money sent! Now if someone could just do the Spinout ramp!

I am working on that also but might take some time and be diff than original but at least something functional...not sure if it's gonna happen but I'm on it! That is if Gene can't find the injection mold pieces for it.

#24 10 years ago

Emailed all responses!

#25 10 years ago

Are these injected or thermoformed?

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from kray37:

An FYI, ramps and other toppers are not formed with acrylic. Acrylic is way too brittle to be used for ramps, for toppers like this it's not an issue of course because it's not an item that gets beat up by the ball.

Good work, these are really needed!

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballInc:

Are these injected or thermoformed?

They are vacuum thermoformed!

Quoted from PinballInc:

An FYI, ramps and other toppers are not formed with acrylic. Acrylic is way too brittle to be used for ramps, for toppers like this it's not an issue of course because it's not an item that gets beat up by the ball.
Good work, these are really needed!

Oh I assumed they were clear acrylic, I stand corrected then! Are they just another ABS type plastic or polystyrene maybe?

#28 10 years ago

Lots of responses....all emails returned I believe!

#29 10 years ago

Email sent.

#30 10 years ago

email sent. Nice work!

#31 10 years ago

All responded to I think....

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from kray37:

They are vacuum thermoformed!

Oh I assumed they were clear acrylic, I stand corrected then! Are they just another ABS type plastic or polystyrene maybe?

ABS or HIPS (styrene) is not available in clear. PETG is the plastic of choice. Be careful vacuum forming these, you will get an thinning of the plastic because of the draw. These were originally done using injection molding so that the light would be defused consistently throughout. They look good, thanks for making them!!

#33 10 years ago

Bump for the day...

#34 10 years ago

Just out of curiosity, will you be able to sharpen up your corners and edges compared to the original, using your vacuum forming process once these go into production?

And just for the record, I'm simply inquiring, not putting down anything you've achieved so far. Looks great!

#35 10 years ago

It's about as close to original without being the original as possible. The edges to original were just like these and not sharp either! I'm being very picky on these to keep them as close as possible so please respect that. Thank you

#36 10 years ago

I'm in for one! I just emailed my info - thanks!

#37 10 years ago

I sent my info, want one.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from kray37:

Bump for the day...

I would recommend somehow strengthening the mounting holes somehow. I know on many of these old toppers they break of easily and maybe there is a way to prevent it?

#39 10 years ago

I think he's trying to keep them as close to factory as possible. So that being said I doubt there will be any changes from the original design.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

I think he's trying to keep them as close to factory as possible. So that being said I doubt there will be any changes from the original design.

That was understood, it just looks like the old one has much sharper edges compared to the new. Possibly an illusion if you will, comparing old to new. The age of the old one seems to show more detail is all.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from HighSpeed1:

That was understood, it just looks like the old one has much sharper edges compared to the new. Possibly an illusion if you will, comparing old to new. The age of the old one seems to show more detail is all.

Again, this is thermoform which is the only cost effective option to the original unless you want to pay about $400-450 per part and then whomever made them would be stuck with several thousand pieces because you have to run a minimum 10,000 at a time. If you don't like my product, don't buy it!!! Please respect others that are pleased to have a good reproduction and not post here to deter or criticize. Thanks

#43 10 years ago

Paypal and PM sent.

Thanks,
-Mike

#44 10 years ago

Thanks Mike and your on the paid list!

#45 10 years ago

I don't remember saying I didn't like your product, I was merely inquiring, stated so, and it was still misunderstood!

#46 10 years ago

thanks for all the orders so far....these will be available by end of next I'm told, then ship the following!

happy gaming!!!

1 week later
#47 10 years ago

Do we have a release date yet?

#48 10 years ago

Hi Stu, I've been waiting on my molding company for the last proof(which should be any day), then they will pump out in few days he said. So it's about a week behind now cause he's been waiting on all the material to arrive then dry he said!

Shortly!!!

#49 10 years ago

Thanks for the up-date, I know from experience how projects can get set-back, so, no worries, appreciate the up-date and look forward to the topper....once again from All of Us > Thank You for taking on this project!

#50 10 years ago

Cant wait for mine. Thanks for making these.

There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reproduction-taxi-topper-list and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.