Removing the crane from LAH

Started 1 year ago by Pinitration in forum TechTech: Generic.

Forum » Tech » Tech: Generic » Topic

Removing the crane from LAH

Topic summary

• Started 1 year ago by Pinitration
  • 3 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from Atomicboy

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs

Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

I'm shopping out my LAH and the top allen screw to remove the top of the crane is a bit stripped out. I know I can get it out with a bit more work....but is there an easier way to get the crane out of the way so I can remove the plastics?

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Not that I know of. I ended getting an allen wrench set from menards that has a rounded end to it that could get better grip. It was a pain but I got the crane off of there. I have been slowly breaking mine down over the last few days and just got the last bit off the playfield. Now time to start cleaning.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Yeah I tried on of those guys. The only other way I see to remove it is to somehow get underneath it and take the bolt off with a little needle nose or vise grip....there is very little room though.

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

I will say it doesn't take a whole lot to loosen it enough to get the crane off.

Atomicboy

Pinball guru
    5,483,250 2
    1 year, 10 months ago
    #
    rdonohue13 said:

I will say it doesn't take a whole lot to loosen it enough to get the crane off

I don't know, mine took a bit of elbow grease on a small allen key to remove. That is the only way I know of, and realigning the thing is a PITA.

LAH as a whole was a bit of a PITA to shop as I recall. DE/SEGA's were not shop friendly.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.

© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple