Removing ball marks??

Started 1 year ago by JDub1006 in forum TechTech: Generic.

Forum » Tech » Tech: Generic » Topic

Removing ball marks??

Topic summary

• Started 1 year ago by JDub1006
  • 6 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from JDub1006

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs

Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

My Monopoly has some little round ball marks on the playfield, what would I use to remove them if even possible.

Thanks,

Jerrod

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Magic eraser and 91% alcohol. Carefully. Don't be to aggressive,M.E. is very abrasive.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Thanks. Do I just put a dab on alcohol on the eraser and scrub? Does it matter if I go in a circle motion?

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Just invest in a small buffing pad to put on your drill motor and use Novus or an automotive swirl removing compound. Much safer and will clean it all up like new.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

You can put a lot of the alcohol on. The magic erasers are designed to get them good and wet, wring out the excess and then use. You don't need it to be dripping, but wet is good.

You will quickly catch on. Start nice and light in a circle and apply a little more pressure at a time until you see it is working. GO GENTLY though and take your time. You can easily go from "clean" to through the paint, but not nearly as easily or as bad as with a buffer.

After that, go to novus 2 and then some good car wax. You will be very happy with the result.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

When done using the ME, you will notice the PF has no shine, but dont get discouraged (like I did) like what was mentioned above use Novus #2 and ya gonna have to put some elbow grease on applying it too. The results will be night and day, you'll be glad you used the ME to rid the ugly swirls. I did it to my HS and the colors really pop now!

JWS64

Pinball addict
    1,090,300 2
    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

After all the playfield cleanup I'd be checking to see if your balls need cleaning, or replacing.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    JWS64 said:

After all the playfield cleanup I'd be checking to see if your balls need cleaning, or replacing.

Thanks for the heads up. Just replaced them.

Everyone else, thank you for the info.

I'll post some after pics soon.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.

© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple