• Latest reply 11 years ago by JDub1006
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Monopoly_12.jpg

#1 11 years ago

My Monopoly has some little round ball marks on the playfield, what would I use to remove them if even possible.

Thanks,

Jerrod

Monopoly_12.jpgMonopoly_12.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Magic eraser and 91% alcohol. Carefully. Don't be to aggressive,M.E. is very abrasive.

#3 11 years ago

Thanks. Do I just put a dab on alcohol on the eraser and scrub? Does it matter if I go in a circle motion?

#4 11 years ago

Just invest in a small buffing pad to put on your drill motor and use Novus or an automotive swirl removing compound. Much safer and will clean it all up like new.

#5 11 years ago

You can put a lot of the alcohol on. The magic erasers are designed to get them good and wet, wring out the excess and then use. You don't need it to be dripping, but wet is good.

You will quickly catch on. Start nice and light in a circle and apply a little more pressure at a time until you see it is working. GO GENTLY though and take your time. You can easily go from "clean" to through the paint, but not nearly as easily or as bad as with a buffer.

After that, go to novus 2 and then some good car wax. You will be very happy with the result.

#6 11 years ago

When done using the ME, you will notice the PF has no shine, but dont get discouraged (like I did) like what was mentioned above use Novus #2 and ya gonna have to put some elbow grease on applying it too. The results will be night and day, you'll be glad you used the ME to rid the ugly swirls. I did it to my HS and the colors really pop now!

#7 11 years ago

After all the playfield cleanup I'd be checking to see if your balls need cleaning, or replacing.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from JWS64:

After all the playfield cleanup I'd be checking to see if your balls need cleaning, or replacing.

Thanks for the heads up. Just replaced them.

Everyone else, thank you for the info.

I'll post some after pics soon.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/removing-ball-marks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.