(Topic ID: 86513)

Rekeying arcade locks

By PghPinballRescue

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Is there a way to rekey arcade locks?

I've got several keys, and several locks. I'd like the keys to fit the locks.

#2 10 years ago

You can buy new ones dirt cheap, probably less than trying to rekey. I think pinball life sells lock cylinders that usea common key.

#3 10 years ago

I was hoping to reuse some of these locks I have, and all of these keys. Especially if I need one in a pinch.

#4 10 years ago

Here's what you do: Pull the plug (core) of the lock out. Put your key in it. Note any pins that protrude. Rip those pins out with pliers (a little spring will come out too). As long as you have at least one pin left, you can put the lock back together and it'll work fine. This is assuming you're just looking for a working lock for your game, and are not concerned with security.

#5 10 years ago

Preferably a fully operational lock, but if its missing a few tumblers, that would be OK.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rekeying-arcade-locks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.