Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RBION-Penguins-R-loop.jpg
RBION-Penguin-L-Loop.jpg
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 12 years ago

Maybe I need to make it more difficult to make it more fun.

My friend won it in Reno recently...was in a show room. 40 plays.

I have an option to buy it in the future.

Thanks for the game play tips.

#52 12 years ago

I loved my RBION, its had to go to make way for a BIBLE though

#53 12 years ago

Can anybody tell me why sometimes a Continent is multiball or not? I thought maybe it had to do with hitting the varitarget and not the scoop, but that's not it.

Also, on my friend's game it's very rare that the ball goes to the top rollover lanes...maybe we need a stiffer plunger spring? Is the plunger supposed to be able to get the ball up there?

Thanks!

Bob C

#54 12 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Can anybody tell me why sometimes a Continent is multiball or not? I thought maybe it had to do with hitting the varitarget and not the scoop, but that's not it.
Also, on my friend's game it's very rare that the ball goes to the top rollover lanes...maybe we need a stiffer plunger spring? Is the plunger supposed to be able to get the ball up there?
Thanks!
Bob C

Make sure he has the proper Stern "green" spring in there. It also might need to be rebuilt with new sleeve, bushing, etc. According to Terry from Pinball Life, this is how the skill shot works:

The skill shot should make the skill shot on a soft plunge, hit the standup targets just above the skill shot on a bit harder of a plunge, and hit the upper loop and go to the rollover lanes on a full plunge.

#55 12 years ago

You are better off missing the skill shot on a soft plunge then hitting the targets just above - if you hit the targets above, it turns off ball save and its a dangerous shot. If you miss the skill shot because its not hard enough you can let the ball drain and try again, assuming it doesnt hit an outside lane switch.

#56 12 years ago

My high score is 149 million. I've owned the game for at least 8 years and have put about 4000 plays on it. My high score was achieved about 5 years ago, so I am not 100% clear on all the details, but I do remember a couple of things. One; I had double scoring going when I got the bonus for visiting all the continents. I believe that was around 15,000,000. I also hit the super jackpot that lights right after you are awarded the points for this. This jackpot was doubled as well but I can't remember what it was. Two; at some point in the game I had "million plus" lit and did stupidly well on it.

My settings are factory (no extra ball that is not earned). My left outlane is wide open, but my right outlane is half closed. That damn right outlane is a bitch. I had it wide open for a couple of years, but finally gave in and closed it halfway. My average score went from around 12,000,000 to 25,000,00 overnight.

Terry.

#57 12 years ago

Has anybody ever written up a rules sheet for RBION?

Bob C

#58 12 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Can anybody tell me why sometimes a Continent is multiball or not?

Some of the continent modes are a multiball and some aren't. Simple as that. Can't name them all, but north america is definitely a multiball. Not to confuse you, but you can stack a multiball continent mode with a non-multiball continent mode. An odd stack for an odd game.

Quoted from BobC:

Also, on my friend's game it's very rare that the ball goes to the top rollover lanes...

I think they're all like that. There is an adjustment under the playfield for the ball guide at the top of the shooter lane. You can try to adjust that. Because the rollover lanes are so elusive, setting the bonus multiplier to carry over is a good idea on Ripleys.

#59 12 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Thanks!
Bob C

Granted I've only played this machine once, and it was way back in 2004, I've been playing it on the iPad everyday for the past month and love just about everything about it! As someone else mentioned above, 3 of the 7 modes are 2-ball multiball modes. Africa requires a shot to each ramp, then a shot to the idol, then another shot to each ramp. Antarctica requires a shot to each ramp, then a penguin loop, then another shot to each ramp. North America requires a shot to each ramp, then a shrunken head shot, then another shot to each ramp. They've got to be up there with the three hardest modes ever, but I love that all of them are the exact same with the exception of the third shot required. I also love that you can't get to the wizard mode until any 7 modes are completed. They'll just keep cycling around until any 7 are complete, which means you can complete the same one more than once. Wasted about an hour of work time last week getting to Atlantis! Lord of the Rings is definitely next for me, but it's very possible this one will be next in line after that!

#60 12 years ago

What figures do you have in there?

I have penguins on one of the red pop bumpers and outside penguin loop...

RBION-Penguin-L-Loop.jpgRBION-Penguin-L-Loop.jpg RBION-Penguins-R-loop.jpgRBION-Penguins-R-loop.jpg

#61 12 years ago

These pictures are from a terrible cell phone. Also have a lot of colored GI and LED's, table looks really different, lots of colors.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Crescent Springs, KE
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bellefonte, PA
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 45.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rbion-wheres-the-love/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.