Topic poll

“Taxi vs Pinbot”

• Taxi 85 votes
    66%
  • Pinbot 43 votes
    34%

(128 votes)

#1 11 years ago

Which do you think is better? Which holds its appeal longer? Why would you choose one over the other?

#2 11 years ago

Damn...that's a pretty even VS. right there. Damn. Wow.
I'm going to have to say Taxi...no idea why and not my first thought...but giving it 2 minutes that's my choice.

#3 11 years ago

I own a Taxi and will never give it up. It's a challenging pin that can make you very mad at times but it's a pin that keeps you coming back again anda again because of that very same reason. Pinbot is a very fun pin as well but I have to say Taxi is the winner here.

#4 11 years ago

Taxi. Haven't played PinBot since the 90's, but I always really disliked that game. LOVE TAXI!

Hoping I can find one nearby soon.

#5 11 years ago

Taxi: Fun.
Pin*Bot: Pain... But in a good way.
Both would merit a warm welcome if I had the space.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Taxi: Fun.
Pin*Bot: Pain... But in a good way.
Both would merit a warm welcome if I had the space.

right on target......x1

#8 11 years ago

Pinbot. I can get all passengers on Taxi fairly easily. Getting to the sun? Not so much.

#9 11 years ago

Taxi by far! Getting the passengers isn't that hard but hitting the jackpot in the 20 seconds they give you can be a challenge.

#10 11 years ago

I love Pin*Bot! Taxi is a fun game, but there are at least a half dozen System 11 games I would take over it.

#12 11 years ago

Taxi's sound is better.

Pinbot's music is better.

Pinbot's theme is better, IMO.

Pinbot is harder. (IMO. You can't set it up like a little kid's game with closed outlanes!)

Taxi is 'deeper' for a pin of that era.

I call it a wash, frankly. My preference is for Pinbot, but I'd love to own either. I miss my Pinbot, and I've never owned Taxi. I would gladly make room for either.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I call it a wash, frankly.

Exactly...it's so close.

#14 11 years ago

Both are great, but Taxi edges Pinbot in my opinion. Slightly deeper, with that Mark Ritchie crossover ramp flow.

Also, Pinbot himself is featured in Taxi. Ain't no Taxi in Pinbot

#15 11 years ago

Close, personal preference for Pinbot, but that's just me.
Love the space theme.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Say what? I think Taxi has some of THE best music in pinball. I like Pinbot's theme more, but Taxi is the winner here. Having said that, I would love to have a nice Pinbot. Pinbot is the harder game, but Taxi is more left/right balanced and still challenging.

#17 11 years ago

pinbot. i've played 10x as much but i've probably pumped $500 into pinbot.

#18 11 years ago

Taxi.

Best, most fun sounds of any System 11 game out there.

"Hey Taxi, you give me ride!"

"Meeeooowww!!!"

Later,
EV

#19 11 years ago

Taxi for playing with others, Pinbot for solo play.

Taxi has cool character call outs... but Pinbots music is awesome...

Pinbot is more challenging of a game as it teaches shot placement, etc.

Taxi is great at a party with others.

Honestly, you could go either way. Maybe taxi by a slight margin.

#20 11 years ago

Taxi seems to have more longevity.

#21 11 years ago

Taxi is a better player.
Pinbot looks so much better.

I can't pick one over the other for this poll. Get both!

#22 11 years ago

TAXI is the big weiner for me on this poll.....

now if it was taxi vs BOP....... BRIDE OF PINBOT all the way!

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

Frax said:

Say what? I think Taxi has some of THE best music in pinball. I like Pinbot's theme more, but Taxi is the winner here. Having said that, I would love to have a nice Pinbot. Pinbot is the harder game, but Taxi is more left/right balanced and still challenging.

I agree that Pinbot has the better music.

Don't get me wrong, taxi's music cool, but there is something about the soundtrack that runs on Pinbot.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Don't get me wrong, taxi's music cool, but there is something about the soundtrack that runs on Pinbot.

But....but....you get a sample of Pinbot music in Taxi when you pick him up! Both great system 11 games.

#25 11 years ago

Taxi and Pinbot are the only two pins I have right now! Pinbot remains my favorite game of all time. Love the weird music, love the look of it, but I will also admit I have more of a sentimental attachment to it than I do Taxi.

Taxi gets the love from people new to pins... All I do when someone new plays it is show them the characters and to listen for their callouts. This game is great at telling you what you need to do, and that makes it very approachable.

I'm giving Pinbot the slight edge as a players game, Taxi as a newb game. Can't go wrong with either, though!

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

Blackbeard said:

But....but....you get a sample of Pinbot music in Taxi when you pick him up! Both great system 11 games.

Absolutely.

I would say definitely in the top 5 system 11s. Perhaps in the top 3 for some.

#28 11 years ago

Taxi short-term, Pinbot long-term. Both in my personal top 10, I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Tracy

#29 11 years ago

Taxi

#30 11 years ago

The Taxi has multiple shots from both flippers. Pinbot is all about one shot to score well. The other shots are just a waste of time.

Taxi all the way, no comparison.

If you want a close comparison, compare Taxi with Diner.

#31 11 years ago

I voted PinBot on the pole up top, and was shocked that Taxi won! But after reading everyone's comments maybe I should play Taxi a little bit more! I know all about the game. I've even played Taxi several times! But never owned it. Sounds like it needs another chance.

-Aaron of the Iowa Pinball Club

3 months later
#32 11 years ago

I've owned both. Taxi is more fun, and has a better sense of humor. But PinBot has that other-worldly sound and light show that puts you in another "space". Both are classic games worth many hours of play. But I'd give the edge to Taxi, based on the playfield layout, shot selection ... and of course, the characters.

#33 11 years ago

Taxi by a small margin. I really like pin bots theme and game play but sometimes it is just a drain magnet.

Cannot go wrong with either I would find room to own both at the right price.

#34 11 years ago

I never liked the way that the ball seemed to come out of the pop bumpers on Taxi just the wrong way just often enough where the ball would go SDTM and there wasn't a thing you could do about it. Taxi does have good music though, but Pinbot has a classic theme, plus its playfield layout was redone later as Jackbot.

#35 11 years ago

taxi is cool

#36 11 years ago

Originally I voted for taxi by a slight margin.

However after owning both for awhile now, I play pinbot all time time and taxi rarely. Once you can hit the jackpot on taxi, the game gets a little played. Pinbot doesn't get that way. Something about it calls out to you demanding you play it. Hitting the sun is damn near impossible w 3 balls.

#37 11 years ago

I own both, and as much as I always wanted a Taxi, and it won't be leaving, Pinbot is IMO one of the greatest machines ever made. Both are great, but everything about Pinbot is so perfect, I would have to give the nod there.

#38 11 years ago

I would have to agree with Atomicboy. I have owned both Taxi and Pinbot and really miss Pinbot.

#39 11 years ago

Always thought taxi was gimmicky, and a ripoff of hs. Not a fan of the yellow cab, sticks out like a sore thumb. Rather just cut to the chase and get HS imo. Better rules/gameplay and audio.

Pb is good, but damn brutal. PB offers some of the best audio and greatest light shows in 80's era. Great one more time game, and it's unforgiving. I think you'll get more longterm ownership out of pb vs taxi.

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Taxi for playing with others, Pinbot for solo play.
Taxi has cool character call outs... but Pinbots music is awesome...
Pinbot is more challenging of a game as it teaches shot placement, etc.
Taxi is great at a party with others.

Exactly!

#41 11 years ago

Both are fun, taxi got my vote, finally found my Marilyn! Been playin it alot

#42 11 years ago

I give Taxi a slight edge for overall, but Pinbot the edge on difficulty

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

Rather just cut to the chase and get HS imo. Better rules/gameplay and audio.

HS has better rules than Taxi?? Please explain how. HS is a classic, but it is so one dimensional. Taxi has quite a bit more going on.

#44 11 years ago

Had both- no brainer for me Taxi way better. My 2 cents.

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from ryanleblanc:

Which do you think is better? Which holds its appeal longer? Why would you choose one over the other?

Taxi for sure. Come over and try mine anytime you like.

#46 11 years ago

I own both, and I like both. I give a slight edge to Pinbot.

#47 11 years ago

My vote for Taxi ... It has more flow along with better skill shots.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

$ 109.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/quick-poll-taxi-vs-pinbot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.