image-956.jpg
13872640984_5c799c2344_o.jpg
13872252265_722b51aea2_o.jpg
13872287143_b6c305f7e3_o.jpg
IMG_2214.JPG
P4190109.JPG
P4190112.JPG
IMAG0419.jpg
There are 229 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 10 years ago

He will be missed. But his legacy will live forever! Thank you for talent, creativity, and incredibly unique games, Mr. Anghelo.

#202 10 years ago

Sad I never got to meet him. You'll live on in spirit!

#203 10 years ago

Thanks for all the good times Python and for pushing me over the edge (casual player to full on pinhead) with that amazing visual package that is PIN*BOT!
Sorry we lost you so soon; I really wished the big "C" was in the rearview mirror for a lot of people undeserving of a short life span. You were truly one-of-a-kind and your presence will live forever more in my hallway, so that future generations can stop and ask... "WTF is going on in/with this print/picture?!?"

IMG_2214.JPGIMG_2214.JPG

Zingy Bingy Python!

#204 10 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Thanks for all the good times Python and for pushing me over the edge (casual player to full on pinhead) with that amazing visual package that is PIN*BOT!
Sorry we lost you so soon; I really wished the big "C" was in the rearview mirror for a lot of people undeserving of a short life span. You were truly one-of-a-kind and your presence will live forever more in my hallway, so that future generations can stop and ask... "WTF is going on in/with this print/picture?!?"

Zingy Bingy Python!

IMG_2214.JPG 55 KB

I ordered that very same print! I can't wait to get it (along with the Bride of Pinbot print)

These will be proudly displayed in the game room as tribute to Python!

Chris

#205 10 years ago

Very sad news, a loss of a true visionary in pinball. Condolences to Python's loved ones, family and friends.

#206 10 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I ordered that very same print! I can't wait to get it (along with the Bride of Pinbot print)
Chris

Where can these be ordered from?

#207 10 years ago
Quoted from Chuck_Sherman:

I'd like one too..

#208 10 years ago
Quoted from Chuck_Sherman:

I got mine from Paul Kiefert here on Pinside. You may want to PM him to see if any are left.

The Pherocious Phelines I was told is limited to a run of 25, which were hand signed and numbered by Python.

I think the BOP print is a run of 200.

Chris

#209 10 years ago

I can confirm that the BOP print is 200. I purchased no. 13 at PATZ last april

#210 10 years ago

These will likely be available again in the near future. Right now I just want to sit back and let everyone celebrate Python and let his estate get wrapped up.

I'll let everyone know when and what becomes available.

Paul

#212 10 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I got mine at PATZ last year as well. #10. I could have gotten a lower number, but "The Bride" is a 10!

image-482.jpg 123 KB

hehe, nice I specifically asked for no. 13. I think that he was on no. 6 when I purchased mine

#213 10 years ago

In addition to pinball, Python also designed a lot of artwork for Williams Arcade games, including Bubbles. I built a mini Bubbles and completed it the week Python died. I brought it to MGC, and though I didn't set out to build it as a tribute to him, the timing made it kinda feel that way. R.I.P.

13872252265_722b51aea2_o.jpg13872252265_722b51aea2_o.jpg 13872287143_b6c305f7e3_o.jpg13872287143_b6c305f7e3_o.jpg 13872640984_5c799c2344_o.jpg13872640984_5c799c2344_o.jpg
#214 10 years ago
Quoted from Flippers_com:

Sad to hear that.
Python Anghelo was an artist (or the artist) and/or Designer on:
Comet
High Speed
Grand Lizard
PIN-BOT
Big Guns
Cyclone
Taxi
Jokerz!
Police Force
Bad Cats
Bugs Bunny's Birthday Ball
The Machine: Bride of Pin-Bot
Hurricane
Fish Tales
Popeye Saves the Earth
The Pinball Circus
Flipper Football.
http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?ppl=python&searchtype=advanced
He will be missed!
John :-#(#

Python was one of a kind. I was privileged to work with him during my brief tenure at Williams.

The above list is only the tip of the iceberg of Python's contributions to arcade machines. As Phet pointed out he was a prime motivator and artist behind Bubbles. He crafted most of the worlds in Starrider. The famous Joust poster was created by Python. In fact, he also had input into just about every game being worked on at Williams at the time. It was impossible to stop him from voicing his opinion and most games were made better because of it. He was a tireless advocate for the player. "If it is not fun, then why are you doing it?" was often heard when he would play the prototypes.

The world is just a little dimmer without his light. I had hoped to get a chance to meet him again this year, but I guess it was not to be.

The only true immortality, is in the hearts of the ones we touch. Python, you will live forever.

ken

#215 10 years ago

well spoken ken

he not only was a kind and gentle man, but you could tell from speaking him that he was extremely passionate in everything he did.

he was definitely one of those type of people who's mantra was "if you're not going to do it right, don't do it at all"

#216 10 years ago

He liked to open his talks with:

"My speech is going to be like a woman's dress - Long enough to cover the bare essentials, but short enough to keep your attention".

Still makes me giggle.

#217 10 years ago

I am saddend some of you lost a true friend. I am just now getting to know his work. What a great mind the guy had. Rest in Peace.

#218 10 years ago

Bubbles ! Love that game.

#219 10 years ago

Last weekend in North Carolina we had a charity event for python. We had bad cats in final round as the first game in his honor.24 people participated at a great friends house who has a amazing collection of pins. Raised $290 . Picture is of final three with trophy for first was 4 feet tall .

image-956.jpgimage-956.jpg image-568.jpgimage-568.jpg
#220 10 years ago

Here is a link to the recordings the broken token guys did at the Louisville show of Python and John Trudeau:

http://www.brokentoken.com/podcast-episodes/episode-07c-2014-louisville-arcade-expo-johntrudeau-pythonanghelo/

#221 10 years ago

If anyone has an extra Bride sketch they'd like to part with, I'd love to have one framed in my gameroom. Heck, I'll even take a copy of someone's at this point! The artwork of Python will forever live on, and has made an impression on me since I was a youngster. I wish I'd had the chance to meet him. Reading ya'lls stories in this thread has truly been a treat, and you all have honored his life in a special way. I especially enjoyed his story about Popeye's journey in this thread - what a creative view - It had me smiling throughout the read. Python, may you rest in peace. Thank you for all of your contributions. We will continue to ride rollercoasters of silver balls in your memory. This extra ball is for you....

#222 9 years ago

RIP. What a unique, creative, sometimes controversial individual. I will always remember playing Comet and Cyclone back in the 1980's, and looking on the playfield and that strange name "Python" listed in the credits, who was that, I wondered back then. In fact, I have both games in my home collection now, and they won't ever leave. I was very lucky to meet him at Expo 2012.

I didn't know he did artwork for arcade games as well, does anyone have a complete list of arcade games he worked on?

#223 9 years ago

What a crazy guy! He will be missed.
IMG_20140422_204753.jpgIMG_20140422_204753.jpg

#224 9 years ago

I really like Python's art sense, especially his rendering of animals. Here is a plaque we made for the "Play Your Heart Out" benefit tournament that Steve generously hosted last month. It features one of the side art elements from Pinball Circus.
br.jpgbr.jpgbl.jpgbl.jpgtr.jpgtr.jpgtl.jpgtl.jpgelephant.jpgelephant.jpg

#225 9 years ago

kneissl, get a protector on that plastic.

#226 9 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Chris

Where can these prints be ordered?

#228 9 years ago

Well, instead of a print, I decided to buy a gorgeous Taxi as my tribute to the man who delighted and entertained me for so many hours as ayouth (and adult!).

That makes a Python two-fer in the ole game room - Taxi and Police Force!

2014-04-23 22.53.23.jpg2014-04-23 22.53.23.jpg

RIP buddy. And thanks for all the memories.

#229 9 years ago

TAXI is such a great game...so so good... <3 it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,500 (OBO)
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 229 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/python-anghelo-has-passed-away/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.