Project Pin2Robin - Unboxed!

Started 1 year ago by robin in forum All PinballAll Pinball.

Forum » All Pinball » Topic

Project Pin2Robin - Unboxed!

Topic summary

• Started 1 year ago by robin
  • 43 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from SunKing

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs

Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Hi there everybody! Robin here with the moment some of you have been waiting for (I know I have), the unboxing of my brand new Transformers Pro - a very special gift from many of you Pinsiders!

It all started 7 months ago.

"Ok. Here is what I suggest and you guys let me know what you think. If 325 of us donate just $20 each we can easily send Robin a NIB pin."

When I first read this I remember going "What the..?" - And as I read all the posts beneath it (Pinsiders posting in, in, in, in) my eyes grew wide. I remember telling my Girlfriend that: "This is crazy, the Pinside are saving up to buy me a NIB Transformers pin".

"THEY ARE WHAT?"

The rest is history. I'm not sure at this time what to say. The game is a blast - it's way better than I dreamed it would be! I love you all, Pinside!

Thanks first and foremost to Coasterguy who initiated this crazy idea. Thanks to all of the Pinside for donating and for being part of the Pinside. Thanks to GAP for supplying the game and making sure it works overseas. Thanks to Ben to arrange shipping. Thanks to my friend Udo who helped me pick up and set up the game (as well as help me discover the rulesheet). Thanks to my girl for putting up with me putting too much time in that hobby website. Thanks to my label, the movie studio, my manager... Oh no, wait, that's another list. Did I forget anyone? Hope not!

Check out all the photos via the link below!
    https://plus.google.com/photos/114638682494710343319/albums/5739932095866645169

Friday is the "launch party" for all Koog gameroom visitors to enjoy this game with me!

Me starting the very first game!

Leigh

Pinball addict
    1,371,600 5
    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Good stuff, well deserved, hope you enjoy it.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Glad everything worked out. Ben is a great guy and I knew that machine was in good hands!!!!! If you ever need another machine shipped over to Netherlands let me know. Next container in November! Big thanks to Coasterguy. He earns all the props for pulling this off!

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

I'm glad you finally got our present, as "Leigh" said well deserved my friend!

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

DANG!....

wish i knew about it!! i would've bought the whole thing for you myself!!!

oh well, next time

-jon

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

I'm super happy for you Robin! You have worked so hard to make this site amazing, and you absolutely deserve it. Every Pinside member who contributed to this effort should give themselves a pat on the back. You did good, people.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

NICE!

DEVILinIRON

Pinball addict
    1,365,250 2
    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Glad to see you got it. I'm happy I could contribute, even though it wasn't much. Enjoy!

*EDIT* I just watched the video included in your album. That's a real nice contraption you have for the stairs! I need to get me one of those...

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Nice to see it finally become reality...thanks Robin!

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

You deserve it Robin!

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Congrats and glad I joined this site in time to be a part of this. Cheers to an awesome site and thanks for everything. This site makes the daily office/ lab grind all that much better.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Thank you for pinside Robin!!

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Well deserved.

Have a blast buddy!!

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Awesome

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Ha! That was before my time here (Only started here a week or two ago!) but that is *awesome*.

My only question is.....who's next?

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Glad we could all make this happen. Enjoy your new pin robin.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Let me know when you are ready to sell.

dmacy

Pinball master
    2,227,650 2
    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Congratulations! I was late to the party on this but it just goes to show how many good people there are out there!

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

yes great news

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Glad to see that it made it with no issues. I bet the wait was killing you

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

You deserve it Robin!!!

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Congrats, and play a game for me!!!

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

I want to see video of Robin playing
    btw, I'm diggin the winch system he has for getting it up stairs

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Proud to have been part of this. Do we start saving for Avengers now? Haha.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

You certainly deserve it!!!

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

congrats Robin!

you definitely deserve it for all you do, so thank you.

finally played the Pro at Bumpernets in Birmingham, AL over the weekend. REALLY liked it.
    great flowing ramp shots back to the flippers.

have fun, sir!

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Congrats Robin, though I was not part of the donation as was unaware, I do thank you for aiding in a awesome site.

Enjoy your new game and a big pat on the back to all those generous people out there - awesome generosity :applause:

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Congrats Robin! Thanks for everything you've done.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Congrats Robin! I was more than happy to contribute, you run a great site here!

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

I'm new to pinside and was not aware of this. What a great idea. Congratulations to you Robin. Those of you that made this happen are indeed good peoples!

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Fantastic! Enjoy!

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Congrats, Robin!

"Attaching a Dutch plug" <-- sounds kinda kinky

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Enjoy Robin. Thx for the great site!!

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

congrats robin!

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Nice to see everything arrived in good order. Enjoy! It's a pin I have and truly love it

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Congrats on you new pin. Well deserved.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Yea!

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

I love it when a plan comes together. I can't think of one more deserving. No, no...thank you Robin.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Awesome. Glad to see you are enjoying it!

1 year, 9 months ago
    #

I'm not sure how I missed this - but CONGRATS!!

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.

© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple