Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 227 posts
  • 93 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by nerdygrrl
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    100_5216.JPG
    100_5215.JPG
    100_5214.JPG
    tumblr_m0j1ip38j91r3a3bc.png
    There are 227 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
    #1 12 years ago

Hi!

This happened with my friend.
    Any of you know something about this company...?

----------"

ORDER FROM MAD_AMUSEMENT PINBALL WEBSHOP, USD 1,061 SIMPLY DISAPPEARED?

Dear Pinball Friends all over the world,

I don’t believe that the following story can happen in 2012.

I made an order from MAD AMUSEMENT pinball webshop in January 2012 in value of USD 1,061, and then the contact person of the webshop was requested to transfer the value of the order to the bank account of MAD AMUSEMENT. I transferred the amount on 23th January 2012. This was not my first order from this webshop, however previous orders was paid via PayPal. But this was the first case when asked to transfer the amount to bank account.

I received all relevant information to the transfer, I transferred the amount on 23th January 2012, and the amount was deducted from my account.

Since that day I haven’t received my order, the contact person is simply not available, do not answer to my calls (00-1-732-575-4228), however the communication was continuous till the day when the money was transferred.

Five days after the payment I asked about my order for the first time. Since that day he didn’t reply to any of my requests (calls, e-mail, ebay, fax, sms). I have sent several messages not only via e-mail and webpage, but also on ebay. Since the money transfer I have not received any answer (23th January), there is only machine answer to my calls.

It could happen that an order doesn’t arrive (which is otherwise prescribed approx. 10-12 days) in certain circumstances, but the fact that there is no communication at all from the day of the transfer, this is simply revolting!

The pinball is still in pieces because of lack of parts, and it seems I have lost all of my USD 1,061.

I kindly ask all pinball friends to forward this message via facebook, forums, or via other sources where you can do it. My aim is simply to avoid others that happen once again and if my message will be delivered somehow to MAD AMUSMENT, probably I can receive answers how this can happen in 2012 or get my money back.

Thank you for reading it, thank you for forwarding it!

Kind regards,

Lugosi András
    +36 20 566 1515
    www.automataberles.hu
    [email protected]
    videojatek.blogspot.com

"----------

#2 12 years ago

Here we go again...........

#3 12 years ago
    Quoted from aztarac:

Here we go again...........

...?

#4 12 years ago
    Quoted from aztarac:

Here we go again

Beat me to it. Pretty sure this horse has been beat enough. If you're not in the US don't place the order.

#5 12 years ago

I have never had a problem with them. Tell your friend to call them during normal business hours in the US. Time zones need to be considered.

Another thing is that International orders seem to take a long time.

Ever notice it is always a friend that had a problem from overseas? It never seems to come from the person firsthand.

#6 12 years ago

It's been gone through at least once a month the last 3-4 months. After 50-60 replies half of which support them the other half despise them the end story is that if you are in the US things are good. If you are out of the US then you get problems. Some internatial orders seemed OK but most had problems. I think they even pulled the ability to do international off their website even.

I just searched google for "Mad Amusement" and 4 of these threads came up. Most recent I can think of is:
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mad-amusements-how-long-to-process-an-order

What happened to your friend stinks but seriously, you gotta do some research on a company before dropping $1K+ especially if it's international. Nobody knows what the issue is but this is common with non-US purchases.

#7 12 years ago

It the shipment lost, is OK, always a risk.
    But here, before the bank transfer, they speak daily. After the transfer, the contact person disappear...
    The guy order from them in the past, but pays with paypal before. Now they ask to pay with transfer...

#8 12 years ago

So nobody has got experiences with them in this year...?

#9 12 years ago

I have ordered from them with no problems. and they answer the phone too. They can be a little gruff. and their shipping policy is a little wacky. but there is definitely a mixup in this regard.

#10 12 years ago

Hm, interesting...

#11 12 years ago

"Here we go again" hardly seems like an appropriate response to such a serious allegation. The OP has accused Mike of stealing more than a thousand dollars. I've never personally had any problems with Mike, but given the gravity of the OP's claims, the topic clearly warrants further discussion.

#12 12 years ago

shit if it was me i would just quit selling across seas if mad is having this many issues with foreign sales.

seems like a weekly thread

#13 12 years ago

That's not sounds too good... :S

#14 12 years ago

Given the fact that this subject has been brought up multiple times now, I feel as though someone should bring this thread to Mike's attention. He is a prominent vendor in the pinball community, and I for one would be very interested to hear his take on the situation. At the very least, he deserves a chance to defend himself. I hate to see someone's name get dragged through the mud before hearing both sides of the story.

#15 12 years ago

You're totally right.
    This is the reason, why I post this letter. Maybe he is here, or somebody knows him personally. Or, the other thing, the feedback...

#16 12 years ago

I'd be a little hesitant to order from them after all the negative publicity.

#17 12 years ago

We order fro MAD often. ZERO issues.
    Troy
    www.topscoregamerooms.com

#18 12 years ago

The only people who seem to have problems with MAD are people overseas. He does a great job with US sales. He either needs to fix his problems, or stop selling overseas at all.

#19 12 years ago
    Quoted from johnwartjr:

The only people who seem to have problems with MAD are people overseas. He does a great job with US sales. He either needs to fix his problems, or stop selling overseas at all.

Yes thats what i think to! But for example Cointaker states on there website that overseas orders will take 6 weeks for delivery. So be patient my friend Iam sure the same rule applies for Mad Amusements overseas deliveries, it only been 4 1/2 weeks for ya! Maybe try and get parts in your part of the world, just a suggestion. Or one possibility is some of your parts were not in stock but yet you ordered anyways which will delay your order. Our time of day is your late night so you will have to contact them at like 3 a.m. your time. But he/she should contact you via email though! Good luck, be patient, I bet you get it tomorrow!

#20 12 years ago

shipping overseas can be tricky if it gets held up in customs it can be months.

#21 12 years ago

I knew just from the headline that it would be a problem with MAD not communicating with a customer from overseas.

If Google is listening: DON'T ORDER FROM MAD UNLESS YOU RESIDE INSIDE THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

#22 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Given the fact that this subject has been brought up multiple times now, I feel as though someone should bring this thread to Mike's attention. He is a prominent vendor in the pinball community, and I for one would be very interested to hear his take on the situation.

I agree. Someone besides ME should tell him about all the negative squalk on ALL the forums about him. I've been privy to being involved with three of these overseas deals, trying to help these poor guys out. I have read Mike's RARE emails to them and they are not nice! He talks to them something terrible! He definitely has problems!

Each time, money goes into his bank account and then he "can't find it". Yet, tracing the money through the SWIFT banking system shows it is always there. Lot's of excuses. He should absolutely SHUT DOWN his overseas orders. I have tried to be the intermediary in two of these cases, just to help out. What I got was rude and confusing answers.

I too have got all my orders from him in a timely fashion. Good pricing and good service. But honestly . . . after seeing and hearing . . . I simply "Don't like Mike!" A very insulting person.

#23 12 years ago

Surely somebody on here must know Mike. Can you please do us all a favor and point him towards this thread. I can't imagine he would want to let all this bad publicity go unanswered.

#24 12 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

DON'T ORDER FROM MAD UNLESS YOU RESIDE INSIDE THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

I am sorry about this as well,work through it.
    No problem at all when ordering in the USA,at least I have had-absolutely great products and delivery times.

#25 12 years ago

why ordering from oversea is a problem?
    i buy from germany on regular basis and no prob, amazing service and cheaper shipping ( imagine oversea and cheaper than marco or mad...)

oversea, us or anywhere, business is business.
    it's easy to blame the post office or whatever... if he can't keep up, stop selling overseas at all.

#26 12 years ago
    Quoted from johnwartjr:

Have to agree with you 100% on that one John. Hardly a month goes by without a post like this from someone oversees. It's a shame to see.

#27 12 years ago

Christmas of 1992 my present from my dad never made it to me in Japan. It turned up in my box 11 months after it was shipped by my dad. It was basically on time for the following Christmas. Problem was that is was squished and broken by USPS. It does happen in shipping however this seems abnormal

#28 12 years ago
    Quoted from absocountry2:

Christmas of 1992 my present from my dad never made it to me in Japan. It turned up in my box 11 months after it was shipped by my dad. It was basically on time for the following Christmas. Problem was that is was squished and broken by USPS. It does happen in shipping however this seems abnormal

That possibility can be eliminated by tracking numbers.
    absocountry2
    Where in Japan did you live?

#29 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Surely somebody on here must know Mike. Can you please do us all a favor and point him towards this thread. I can't imagine he would want to let all this bad publicity go unanswered.

Quoted from vid1900:

I knew just from the headline that it would be a problem with MAD not communicating with a customer from overseas.

Yes, that should be the solution. If somebody knows him, please ask him about from this order...

And if you order from oversee, that's ok, takes time. But the problem, why he does not answer for phone,mail,ebay,fax, after the bank transfer? And before it, nice and helpful?

#30 12 years ago

From what you have said it makes me wonder if his site has been hi-jacked by someone who is having all overseas orders directed to a fake account as those would be less likely detected right away by Mad amusements. That may explain why you had no problems with paypal (secure account) when transfering funds but when using the fake destination you're really sending your funds to a fake (temporary) account which they then simply close up if and when it draws to much attention. The fact that communications stopped at the point of trasfer would fit the typical way these people work. I may be way off so please don't panick but, I WOULD research who you can report the site to and have them look at into it.

#31 12 years ago

I don't know, maybe that happens... But this is no reason to freeze the communication... And this isn't the firt order from him, before everithing was ok...
    If somebody from here will talk to him, please, ask about this, why he's unreachable from here. And what happened with that order... I don't think, he get a 1000$ order from Hungary, daily, he must remember...

#32 12 years ago

Dear All,

I have written this mail, and thank you Angyalpor to put it here...

I am really surprising about some reply......

Have you read the first message? The problem is:

!!!!!!!Five days after the payment I asked about my order for the first time. Since that day he didn’t reply to any of my requests (calls, e-mail, ebay, fax, sms). I have sent several messages not only via e-mail and webpage, but also on ebay!!!!!!

You are writting about International Orders... Sorry can someone please reply that the following communication are NOT used in the USA anymore:

Telefon, EMAIL, SMS, EBAY MESSAGE

These comunnication forms are using just for International Orders????

I have no reply since the 23 of january!!!! After payment absolut NOTHING communication...

/ anyway i read in other forum that he check where the call is from and he simply not picking up the phone in some case....

It would be really helpfull if somebody can show Mike this topic...Maybe he can answer everything...

Thank You all...

Andras Lugosi

#33 12 years ago

Welcome here, then I pass you this thread to handle...

#34 12 years ago

In the past I've exchanged emails with Mike @ Mad Amusements and he worked hard to get the parts I needed -- parts nobody else had or were willing to order for me. He even held in stock parts for me until the additional parts I was ordering were received so that I could save a few $$ on shipping (I'm in Northern Cal). I've never met Mike but he seems to run a top notch business.
    Reasonable and prompt shipping. I've made the same comments on the other problem threads, but it's important to stress as I don't want to see one of our vendors lose business or close shop out of this kind of stuff.

#35 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinbob:

lose business or close shop out of this kind of stuff

I think the problem is this is not an isolated incident.

I ordered twice from Mike, and it was the same song and dance. Both times it took over 2 months for me to get my orders (in stock items). Does anyone think that is reasonable?

I've recently read another thread about Mike at a different forum, where the person actually had to involve the police. Mike would not take paypal, just bank transfer or money order. After many repeated contact attempts by the buyer (after 4 months of waiting for his parts), he called the police. Once a fraud case was opened with the cops, Mike promptly shipped. I wonder why?

Personally, I will never deal with him again, and urge anyone I talk to to do the same. If you live in the USA, go for it. Live anywhere else, don't bother.

#36 12 years ago

DUN DUN DUN. Placed an order last night...we shall see.

#37 12 years ago

So? No one has a contact to Mike?

#38 12 years ago

I ordered some parts from Mad Amusements on the 23rd of Feb. I received an email w/ UPS tracking number on the 25th showing expected delivery on March 5th. No other contact though.

#39 12 years ago

Never had a problem with them. They have a good selection and decent shipping took 4 days to get to me in Iowa.

#40 12 years ago

Got a tracking number the day after the night I placed it. So that seems cool. Yeah must just be international orders.

#41 12 years ago

Really good that some people get their orders... Some people in Europe will be stolen... Great

Be praud!

#42 12 years ago

I have made several orders with Mike at MAD-amusements over the years with no problems. 3 weeks ago I orded a new ramp for my Theater of Magic. After a couple days hadn't received a tracking number, I decided to email Mike, because I too had read about problems people were having. Mike called me the following afternoon and let me know the package would go out the following day (I guess the awkward size of the ramp needed a box he was out of). Mike sounded concerned, and I received my item 3 days later. I'm sorry that people oversees have been having so much difficulty.

#43 12 years ago
    Quoted from Liti:

Really good that some people get their orders... Some people in Europe will be stolen... Great
    Be praud!

I'm not proud and i didn't mean to be rude. I ordered before reading this so i was just updating my situation.

If I knew the guy, or his business was close to me I'd go down personally and ask him about you order.

#44 12 years ago

So far it's 100% success domestically, 100% failure internationally. Are international orders handled by someone else? Why is it just those orders that get seemingly ignored/mixed up? Weird.

#45 12 years ago

For those of you that are outside the US, have you experienced similar problems with any of the other vendors such as Pinball Life, Marco, BAA, etc ... ?

#46 12 years ago

So sorry to hear someone go thru this..

If he can take your order and adjust shipping cost to send oversea's he should stop ripping people off and then not answer the phone...so glad i saw this thread before ordering parts,Pinball Life sorted me out fantastically even from here in New Zealand!

#47 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

For those of you that are outside the US, have you experienced similar problems with any of the other vendors such as Pinball Life, Marco, BAA, etc ... ?

Never had an issue with any other vendor. Orders usually take anywhere from 7 to 10 days to arrive. All of them also respond to phone calls and emails. Order for each one has been shipped the next day.

#48 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

As I hear, other vendors are OK... What I don't understand, why MA does this. He will loose his reputation, lost all oversee, and a few US customers, who don't want to risk.
    Afterall, a more-than-1k order is not joke, not a few rubber.

Just a suggestion, if somebody talks with him: close the oversee shop, if he can't handle, no good to look things like this. ..

#49 12 years ago

I fixed a report today by BBB. Hope the best !

#50 12 years ago

Still waiting for a $500+ order i placed on the 5th Jan . I have reported him and his company to the
    Internet Fraud Department. NJ ,He isn't taken my money and not suppling parts without a fight

There are 227 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/problems-with-mad-amusement and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.