problem with my malty-ball train. need advise.

Started 2 years ago by CoupDeTat in forum TechTech: Generic.

Forum » Tech » Tech: Generic » Topic

problem with my malty-ball train. need advise.

Topic summary

• Started 2 years ago by CoupDeTat
  • 6 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from ryanleblanc

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs

Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!

2 years, 3 months ago
    #

when i get a malty-ball on Bride of Pinbot, the balls dont space out when they get released from the lock. this makes for a big panic at the start of every malty-ball. is this the way it works on all bride of pinbots? or is there a problem someplace else? has anyone had this problem b4, if so, how do i fix?

system11

Pinball master
    2,152,950 9
    2 years, 3 months ago
    #

It's normal, control it by holding the left flipper, then flip to send one of them up to the pop bumpers. In multiball sections of BoP, it's all about using the pops as a place to store a ball that comes back in a predictable way.

2 years, 3 months ago
    #

Good multiball management tip, i will try that when i finish my wax job. so the balls should come literally one after another with no time between balls?

system11

Pinball master
    2,152,950 9
    2 years, 3 months ago
    #

Yup, that's how it's designed - it just drops the lock pin, quite a few games do that.

2 years, 3 months ago
    #

Thank you soo much. i guess i can stop fiddling with the lock pin mechanism.

2 years, 3 months ago
    #

I played a bop tonight and it definitely spaced the balls out by a second. Just enough time for one shot.

system11

Pinball master
    2,152,950 9
    2 years, 3 months ago
    #

My memory must be totally hosed then, I just sold mine a few weeks ago and I could have sworn it just lets them both through at once. Just checked a video and you're quite right - sorry for the bad info! Now I see the video it's a case of "oh yeah, it did do that".

If both are going through at once check the switches in the ball lock mechanism while in switch test, and check for free operation of the release pin in solenoid test.

2 years, 3 months ago
    #

I thought this post was gonna be about Whoppers. Mmm...

2 years, 3 months ago
    #

haha ya my friend sat me down and made me watch the vid on u tube. i think i might try putting a more powerful spring in the lock pin, i hope its an easy fix, i am not the best solderer.

2 years, 3 months ago
    #
    Blackbeard said:

I thought this post was gonna be about Whoppers. Mmm...

LOL....I thought the same!

2 years, 3 months ago
    #

Nuff said.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.

© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple