0322131332a.jpg
photo-3.JPG
SPI-ACDC-PremiumLE-030112-048a.jpeg
ACDC_Pro_P_Left.JPG
IMG_1496_(800x533).jpg
IMG_1481_(533x800).jpg
P1010430.JPG
P1010427.JPG
There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

Folks, I got a TRAIN for my ACDC PRO,and am not sure where and or how to connect wires. Any help would be appreciated!

P1010427.JPGP1010427.JPG P1010430.JPGP1010430.JPG

Post edited by The_Dude_Abides : please do not use all caps in thread headers.

#2 11 years ago

I have one also. I'm thinking to solder to Gi. Is flasher voltage too high?

#3 11 years ago

Hey Glenn do you have any specs on the train? like what voltage it takes?

#4 11 years ago

I have one as well. This is a question for the wizard Hemi. Yo Yo Hemi where are you?? We need you!!!

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from Jdawg4422:

Hey Glenn do you have any specs on the train? like what voltage it takes?

no info at all...just like a replacement train

#6 11 years ago

Nice Train Glenn.

#7 11 years ago

You would have to hook to a flasher I believe.

#8 11 years ago

Where can you buy one of those?

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from jbp8653:

PM sent

#10 11 years ago

Since i was the original owner of hemi's old machine and i was the first witha train. I hooked it to the gi. Its a 3 led bulb and is only rated for 6.2 volts.

I think some people forget I was the owner of that machine. I know that Stern has caught on to the source of the trains and has closed the doors on le owners getting one without the old one coming back.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I have one as well. This is a question for the wizard Hemi. Yo Yo Hemi where are you?? We need you!!!

I thought that HEMI had posted a while ago, about a train light mod that he had done. I asked him in another thread,but he did not reply

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Since i was the original owner of hemi's old machine and i was the first witha train. I hooked it to the gi. Its a 3 led bulb and is only rated for 6.2 volts.

cool...thanks man!

#14 11 years ago

I don't know what may have happened in the early run of Pros, but the train is a spare part. It's not rare or unobtainable. Send me or the OP a pm or contact your distro for ordering info.

On topic, the train uses a z-clip. If the voltage is too high to use a connector with a flasher, soldering or alligator clips are probably the best option. My game arrives next week, and I can take a look.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from jbp8653:

I'd like to know too please!

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I don't know what may have happened in the early run of Pros, but the train is a spare part. It's not rare or unobtainable. Send me or the OP a pm or contact your distro for ordering info.

On topic, the train uses a z-clip. If the voltage is too high to use a connector with a flasher, soldering or alligator clips are probably the best option. My game arrives next week, and I can take a look.

Then they must have decided to let it go. LAst i heard they where not sellign them anymore. Thats great if they still are. They where not keen on selling le parts is all. I got 90% of the le parts from TF before the rule was in play and when they saw my pro go up for sale i got a few hate emails and one call from the big guy.

#17 11 years ago

Hey Guys,

I have been able to order these and have them shipped directly from the factory. They are $75 shipped. I won't ship to Canada as freight and customs cost more than the part. I'll be glad to help anyone out, but any distributor should be able to order one. If you want one just PM me. Or, give Pinballlife a shout. If Terry makes a bulk order he should be able to get the price down. Thanks,

Mike
http://www.lanesandgamesarcade.com/

#18 11 years ago

I think some people forget I was the owner of that machine. I know that Stern has caught on to the source of the trains and has closed the doors on le owners getting one without the old one coming back.

I was not sure of the previous owners history but the pin is the hit of the KY show this weekend. I turned down 6k as it has lots of great mods and time invested in making it look so good from all of us. I feel so honored to own this one of a kind Pro, it would take 7k to pry it out of my hands.

I added the side mirrors and toppers. Its the total package to me.

IMG_1481_(533x800).jpgIMG_1481_(533x800).jpg IMG_1496_(800x533).jpgIMG_1496_(800x533).jpg

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

I got 90% of the le parts from TF before the rule was in play and when they saw my pro go up for sale i got a few hate emails and one call from the big guy.

Does that mean I will get some e-mails too if I sell the TF in question Ben?

#20 11 years ago

My Pro is highly modded one of kind speed machine. Only Pro that has Premium/LE trim, legs and lockdown bar, that I know of. I gave it the upgrade it deserves. Added Train last week.

My playfield also has no dimples. Cant explain it but its rare for a Stern.

Super strong flippers and slings aka Blinding fast. You will have to pry it from my hands. Last to go.

ACDC_Pro_P_Left.JPGACDC_Pro_P_Left.JPG

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

I was not sure of the previous owners history but the pin is the hit of the KY show this weekend. I turned down 6k as it has lots of great mods and time invested in making it look so good from all of us. I feel so honored to own this one of a kind Pro, it would take 7k to pry it out of my hands.

is the 10" rockford fosgate punch still in it?

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

My Pro is highly modded one of kind speed machine. Only Pro that has Premium/LE trim, legs and lockdown bar, that I know of. I gave it the upgrade it deserves. Added Train last week.
My playfield also has no dimples. Cant explain it but its rare for a Stern.
Super strong flippers and slings aka Blinding fast. You will have to pry it from my hands. Last to go.

The pro looks great with the red trim, nice job. I actually like the pro translite better than the premium one.

#23 11 years ago

I'd like to pick one of these up. How can I go about this?

#24 11 years ago

The pro looks great with the red trim, nice job. I actually like the pro translite better than the premium one.

So do I. I installed the pro translite on my premium and then framed the premium translite.

SPI-ACDC-PremiumLE-030112-048a.jpegSPI-ACDC-PremiumLE-030112-048a.jpeg

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from MadPole:

I'd like to pick one of these up. How can I go about this?

Pick up one of what? A train or a translite?

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

Pick up one of what? A train or a translite?

Train please

#27 11 years ago

Stern hasn't run out of trains yet. Just PM me and I'll get one shipped out. Thanks,

Mike

#28 11 years ago

Wow... just wow. The red trim on the Pro is amazing...

Can the red trim be purchased in whole (or parts) from anywhere? Will Stern sell it?

I so want this for my Pro....lawdy...

#29 11 years ago

it's kind of foolish for sterns not to cash in on these "LE" extra parts. They could be making more money off of the huge markup on parts like this. So if someone wants to put some LE touches to their pro, they shouldn't really care either way. Sell them the parts. Still will be missing most of the main interactive components. They should be happy anyone is buying the pro's at all. Support the mods then and cash in even more.

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

You would have to hook to a flasher I believe.

I did this to mine in Oct. of last year. It is a 89 style flasher connected to the left ramp flasher. Looks much better in person. Kind of a PITA to get the train back on to the ramp though.

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

it's kind of foolish for sterns not to cash in on these "LE" extra parts. They could be making more money off of the huge markup on parts like this. So if someone wants to put some LE touches to their pro, they shouldn't really care either way. Sell them the parts. Still will be missing most of the main interactive components. They should be happy anyone is buying the pro's at all. Support the mods then and cash in even more.

Your's and Hemi's oldpro was a big hit in Louisville. I was happy to take that awesome pin and show how great the Pro version really is. I like to buy two new in box and send up to you or Hemi to get modded out like that one. Its just fantastic!

#32 11 years ago

Stern has put the trains on backorder for four weeks. They are not available at this time. Sorry.

Mike

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Hey Guys....

Sorry I just saw this thread ....This is Sweet that you can get this train for the Pro now, it needed this train SO BAD. I am sure I can do a lighting effect for everyone that has a Pro machine and adds this train to it. I will look into this and see what I can come up with.

Please post on this thread if you are interested.....

#34 11 years ago

WOW.... That is great to hear this. I am glad you still the machine.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from grh450:

I thought that HEMI had posted a while ago, about a train light mod that he had done. I asked him in another thread,but he did not reply

Sorry, I did not replay to you, my BAD . Yes, at one time I started to develop a LE train light mod but I put it on hold. I decided to sell the Pro and Doughslinger purchased it. Then, I purchase a Premium machine and developed a completely new light show for the LE/Premium machine. I just released the mod last Sunday and it is Over the Top. It gives a new meaning to the machine's lighting effects.

#36 11 years ago

I like to buy two new in box and send up to Hemi to get modded out like that one. Its just fantastic!

I can do this for you . I will give you a call later so we can talk about this.

Actully, I have been kicking aound doing this. Making NIB Sterns into Total Tricked Modded Out Sterns...100% custom lighting effects, like my own very limited LEs.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

I can do this for you . I will give you a call later so we can talk about this.
Actully, I have been kicking aound doing this. Making NIB Sterns into Total Tricked Modded Out Sterns...100% custom lighting effects, like my own very limited LEs.

Don't go crazy yet. Stern may not sell me any more of these. I haven't gotten a straight answer in the last week.

#38 11 years ago

Hemi-
I'd definitely be interested in a Pro train mod. I was planning to solder the LED to the GI, but any extras you have in mind would be awesome!

#39 11 years ago

I'd like to buy one of these trains, too. It seems weird to me that they're so secretive around a replacement part. Is it the cost/licensing of the train or them trying to protect the Premium machines?

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Hemi-
I'd definitely be interested in a Pro train mod. I was planning to solder the LED to the GI, but any extras you have in mind would be awesome!

me too!

#41 11 years ago

hmmm....maybe our TRAINS will be $200 by Christmas

#42 11 years ago

I'm in for a train

#43 11 years ago

Success!

I snipped the Z-connector from the train, spliced two alligator clips, and clipped behind the backboard on the GI. The light stays on with the GI and looks great.

photo-3.JPGphoto-3.JPG

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Success!
I snipped the Z-connector from the train, spliced two alligator clips, and clipped behind the backboard on the GI. The light stays on with the GI and looks great.

Hey, I think we are close, stop in sometime before the next Kingsport auction. I like to know where you got your train? I have one I got from Pro but it was already there.

#46 11 years ago

Hey, I think we are close, stop in sometime before the next Kingsport auction. I like to know where you got your train? I have one I got from Pro but it was already there.

I would have bought the Pro you purchased but the timing didn't work out. Loving the game so far!

I purchased the train from pinballmike217 here on pinside. He said Stern may be running low or clamping down on orders. pm him for details.

I'd love to see your setup in the future. We'll keep in touch.

#47 11 years ago

Success!

me too!

0322131332a.jpg0322131332a.jpg

1 week later
#48 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

Stern hasn't run out of trains yet. Just PM me and I'll get one shipped out. Thanks,
Mike

I just wanted to send a shout out to Mike. He went above and beyond when he didn't have to.

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from ballykissfan:

I just wanted to send a shout out to Mike. He went above and beyond when he didn't have to.

#50 11 years ago

Thanks guys.

For now trains are still on backorder. I'm guessing I'll be able to get some more if there are leftovers after the latest run of premiums. I will post if they become available again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 12.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pro-train-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.