Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pdman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Going to look at a nice, but unshopped, pinball magic tomorrow that is local. I've never played the game but it looks like fun. Opinions on it for a very small collection (2-3 games) and any pricing advice would be appreciated.

#2 10 years ago
Quoted from Piparoo:

Going to look at a nice, but unshopped, Pinball Magic tomorrow that is local. I've never played the game but it looks like fun. Opinions on it for a very small collection (2-3 games) and any pricing advice would be appreciated.

I was very surprised by this game when I played it at expo. Way more fun than TOM in my opinion.

#3 10 years ago

I'm someone who really likes TOM. I would like to think that I could avoid comparing the two if I owned pinball magic but worry that I'd always be thinking about TOM.

#4 10 years ago

I really like the game and find it relatively difficult to finish as it's linear. I believe you have 21 "tasks" to do to move up the ranks as a magician. The tasks need to be done in order though so finishing is very difficult. Even so, the game lets you see some of the coolest tricks early on (levitating ball on the stage and the magic wand) so it's still fun to play, even though it can be frustrating at times.

Pricing on this one is tough as you don't seem them for sale very often (somewhat limited production and when someone gets one, they keep it). It seems like the last couple that I've seen for sale have been in the $3k+ range. I'd think a decent, unshopped example would be in the $2500 range or so, depending on what needs to be done. This is just one guy's opinion though.

Dave

#5 10 years ago

In TOM you make standard pinball shots and the magic tricks are shown in progress and completed strictly on the DMD screen. In Pinball Magic the magic tricks are actually performed with the pinball on the playfield. Because of this big difference they work well together in a collection. Both are good games, but I think TOM has a better looking playfield than PM.

#6 10 years ago

Thanks fellas. That is helpful. Any other thoughts on pricing or it's longevity in a very small collection?

#7 10 years ago

Doesn't bring as much as TOM. A year ago, $2500 to $3500 depending on condition. Not sure what the "pinball recession" has done to PM prices. Less than $2500 should be a good deal.

#8 10 years ago

I have a large collection and plan on keeping mine. If I had a small collection, I might focus more on a few of the top 20 SS DMD pins. A small mix of the best of Stern and WMS/Bally.

#9 10 years ago

Can't speak on price, but be aware it can be very hard to get some parts. Yes there is still some NOS Capcom parts out there, but not a lot. As I understand, (and I will soon be taking on said project on a Pinball Magic) it is becoming increasingly common to convert the flipper assemblies to Williams assemblies due to lack of parts. So inspect the flippers, and if they are not in very good shape it will give you bargaining power on price, as it will cost a bit to convertover.
The one I work on has been relatively solid, with issues typical for most pins, so I would not be too leary of buying one in good condition, but I would be leary of picking one up with issues that I may have a hard time finding parts for.

#11 10 years ago

Good looking game but horrible as far as game play !! If you need any more info call or shoot me. Txt Oliver !!

#12 10 years ago

I'm hoping I'll like the gameplay. The fact that it's a relatively low production run isn't that important to me.

#13 10 years ago

I have both PM and TOM and enjoy them both for different reasons. Pinball Magic is fast too! wow! They won't be leaving the collection any time soon. I've had TOM for 10 years, PM 2

$2500 is a decent deal I feel

#14 10 years ago

Even in a small collection I think it's a good game. It's different than anything else you're likely to have, it's not an easy game (at least I don't think so), and it has cool tricks/toys. Best part is, if you get a decent price on it and you don't like it, you'll have no trouble selling it. In the past I've had people PM me asking if I'd be willing to sell the one I have.

Dave

1 month later
#15 10 years ago

This game is a real treasure. The whole experience of playing is familiar yet unique. I feel a great sense of satisfaction in owning something so special. Lesser games can cost twice as much.

2 weeks later
#16 9 years ago

Biggest problems I have found on mine was broken wires, a lot of them. The wires in the harness, some of them the gauge is very thin. So the soldered connection on coils, switches, etc, tend to break.
And working on the stage area is a PITA. Other than that, love my PM.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

8,100 (OBO)
$ 10.00
Playfields
Mod Magic!

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-on-capcom-pinball-magic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.