Price check : Nugent

By Breadfan

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

• Nugent Stern Electronics, 1978
#1 11 years ago

1978 Stern Ted Nugent. May add one to the collection. There's one close to me for sale in nice working condition for $1200. Thought that was kinda high,but want to see what others think.

#2 11 years ago

This was started yesterday:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-ted-nugent
And that sounds awful high it "must be mint", wink, wink, nod, nod

#3 11 years ago

I don't see it. For $1200, you could be getting a mid/late 80's machine with ramps, music.....and basically more bang for the buck.

See the universal axiom on pinball purchases. If I buy it for XXX dollars today, can I sell it for XXX dollars tomorrow. By tomorrow, I mean just that, tomorrow. Not a year from now, not 5 years from now.
Trying to sell a Ted Nugent for $1200 is going to be difficult

7 years later
#4 3 years ago

Someone in my town reached out to me. They have a nugent they want to sell. The power cord is cut so they can’t plug it in. It looks like it’s in decent shape, but not knowing much else, what might the game be worth? I dont want it, just looking for a reasonable price to tell her so she can put it up on CL. Or if someone wants it, let me know. I was going to go over there this weekend to at least fix the cord and see what’s up with the game. She says it worked before the cord broke, just some lights out.

I know nothing about the game so looking for some rough pricing.

Thx

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Someone in my town reached out to me. They have a nugent they want to sell. The power cord is cut so they can’t plug it in. It looks like it’s in decent shape, but not knowing much else, what might the game be worth? I dont want it, just looking for a reasonable price to tell her so she can put it up on CL. Or if someone wants it, let me know. I was going to go over there this weekend to at least fix the cord and see what’s up with the game. She says it worked before the cord broke, just some lights out.
I know nothing about the game so looking for some rough pricing.
Thx

Prices on the classic sterns are up but this one is pretty unspectacular in the looks and play department. You never hear about anybody fiending for a Nuge.

I'd think this particular one is worth around $600-1000 as-is these days. I'd probably pay around $700 for something like that out of curiosity, having never owned one.

These games always have the same issues, battery leakage, lamp boards that need attention, and lots of connectors replaced. I usually budget $200 right off the bat for an alltek, and the rest of it is just a good bit of time usually.

#6 3 years ago

A decent Nugent will run $1500 to $2000.
Fully restored; sky's the limit, as always these days.
I know it's not for everyone, but I love mine.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Lighting
Yoppsicle
Lighting
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 45.00
$ 45.00
$ 10.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.00
Electronics
Pinball Haus
Electronics
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-nugent and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.