Price Check: Mars Trek

By Piparoo

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Hi guys (and gals). A friend's mother called me up today with a Mars Trek that's been sitting in her pool house for a couple decades. Haven't seen it yet but will definitely need to be shopped and likely will need some adjusting. Any advice on a good purchase price? Not a pin I've been yearning for but the artwork looks cool.

#2 10 years ago

let me know if you decide to pass on it- i would love to snag one up-
have a butterfly now and its a freekin awsome play and built very well, real nice playfeilds coatings in them.

anyways, imo- to answer your question about 500 if its compleat and in atleast fair shape, maybe some less if needs lots of work. being i really, really like the sonic butterfly, if i founld a nice mars trek- i would go 1000.....

#3 10 years ago

I'll be honest, I'm shocked it would go for that much. I was thinking $200 tops

#4 10 years ago

well the cond is the real question? if its worn out, dont work, needs the playfeild repainted back glass has issues ect it very well could be a couple hundred $ game. however if the cond is good i would go more than that. your local market might be a little softer down there, and it depends on the people involved. they might just want it gone, 200 might be a good price for both of you.

i dont look to get everything for " a steal" so to speak- ive picked up a couple pins where i gave them a little extra just because it was actually a little nicer than stated and the restoration was going to be a little easier on me.
also ive seen the other end too- they claim it works great and it wont even start, bad touch up's ect, they were gonna have to drop to make the sale.

its kinda of a karma thing i guess.

anyway its an awsome game, sonic games have very nice art, also the cabinate is screened out not stenciled, and its smooth and cleared coated too.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from lladnip:

let me know if you decide to pass on it- i would love to snag one up-
have a butterfly now and its a freekin awsome play and built very well, real nice playfeilds coatings in them.
anyways, imo- to answer your question about 500 if its compleat and in atleast fair shape, maybe some less if needs lots of work. being i really, really like the sonic butterfly, if i founld a nice mars trek- i would go 1000.....

Where are you from. I have a nice one that works, but needs to be shopped. I might be ready to sell it.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from yfz450:

Where are you from. I have a nice one that works, but needs to be shopped. I might be ready to sell it.

will send a pm tomarrow

#7 10 years ago

I think that game is around 300-400. I am very find of the sonic games. Always looking for ones I don't have. I would jump at it if I were you. It's arguably the best playing sonic made.

#8 10 years ago

Between 200-600 depending on condition.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Piparoo:

I'll be honest, I'm shocked it would go for that much. I was thinking $200 tops

It's probably not working correctly, so your about on target. You have one guy over there saying he'll pay $1000. Until it's for sale. Probably has one and wants to see it worth something. $500-600 is probably going rate. If it's super exceptional condition, maybe more, but there isn't a lot of demand for it regardless.

#10 10 years ago

A bud of mine had one that looked like it just came outta the box, he needed to free up some room and got 700 as i remember...

Sonics PF's always look mint, they used great clears on it for sure.. or whatever surface it was..

The only thing i didnt really like about the game is the upper right flipper is about useless in the game, its more of a headache than anything really..

I think its a sucker flipper, to promote drains rather than an integral part of gameplay...

Cool lookin game though...

#11 10 years ago

Sold mine for $550 probably 6 years ago now. Very fast simple game.
If unsure of condition I would say 200-300. Note to self all Playfields look like that from that maker.

#12 10 years ago

I paid about 700 for a fully shopped one that had been completely gone through a few years ago.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Sold mine for $550 probably 6 years ago now. Very fast simple game.
If unsure of condition I would say 200-300. Note to self all Playfields look like that from that maker.

Yeah, this is more like what I was thinking. Thanks for the advice.

#14 10 years ago

Its actually a very fun game and most people consider it the number one Sonic game. I would say $500, its a game I would think would be fairly easy to move on later as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-mars-trek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.