View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image-373.jpg
image-878.jpg
image-354.jpg
image-906.jpg
image.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Know someone that has one says it's not currently working haven't been to see it yet. Just would like fair idea of price I do know it has been huo since 87 or 88

#2 10 years ago

$500-$1000

#3 10 years ago

If you don't take it please PM me. Its on my want list.

#4 10 years ago

I paid $500 for fully working but trashed rubbers, trashed playfield, non-working beacon (but housing intact) and a couple cracked plastics

#5 10 years ago

Pretty sure I'll take it for a decent price like I said have to go see it in person but thanks for info so far

#6 10 years ago

HUO since it was only 2 years old is a rare find. If it isn't working though, it might cost $200-$300 if you have to replace the MPU board. The MPU board is a tough find as well, no repros made for sys.11 games that have the sound roms in it. If those batteries are original, and this may be the case, it might have wicked corrosion by now . Pinscore makes a nice power supply board and displays. CPR has made plastics and recently a repro backglass. If the cab pf are in really nice shape, I would go a $1000 easy.

#7 10 years ago

A real nice restored one sold for over $3K in Allentown.

Even an un-restored HS is over $1K these days. All System-11 pins have gone up and this is one of the top ones.

#8 10 years ago

ugg, keep in mind this was a superb game at the time, and helped restore pinball in yet another incarnation that lasted for a long time, this game is so basic for the MB that it feels great playing it for a day, and then you have no desire to keep it after that, as you have just seen everything 30 times already.

I love System 11's, and have other one trick ponies such as F14, but despite loving playing HS whenever I come across it, once I owned it, everything was spent after the first day, and I sell or move next to nothing.

#9 10 years ago

The thing that keeps the price down on High Speed is that there were tons of them made. I bought one for $600, traded it, and passed on two others at $800.

#10 10 years ago

Ok so non working no more then 500 bucks?

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

depends on WHY it is not working. I had to replace the MPU on my HS 4 years ago due to extreme corrosion, and the board was 300 bucks back then. (More than I paid for the whole game)

#12 10 years ago

Yeah like I said have to get over there and look at it no rush it's people I know I'm hoping it's not but it is very possible hasn't been played in a couple years and if he hasn't changed batteries

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Correct, at the very most. I sold a very nice example fully working for 1000 not long ago. You should not pay more than $500 if not working.

#14 10 years ago

MPU is not fun to find. I bought one with a smoked MPU but otherwise in nice shape for $300. Once I put in an MPU that I cannibalized from another game it fully worked.

I drove myself crazy trying to get that battery damaged MPU to work, the traces are so small under the battery. It was a lost cause. Made me want to only buy early Bally SS pins for a while that have an MPU that is a dream to work on.

Not that you asked but, overall I don't get the love for this pin. I played it for a while, getting the siren and light going was great but the pin has no shots, either you get really good at shooting the ramp with the 3rd flipper and the game is easy/boring or your can't get the ramp and your game goes nowhere. The pin just does not have many shots. I sold this pin quickly

But for the time the sounds and visual look of the pin is great.

#15 10 years ago

Ok thanks yeah just would like two pins have Jp like it a lot figured if I could get this cheap why not

#16 10 years ago

If it's not working and the playfield is trashed I probably wouldn't even pay $500. I've gone to look at quite a few "HUO since..." games that must have been played 24/7 during there short time on location.

Then again, if the boards look good and the playfield doesn't have much wear, I might even pay a little more than $500.

#17 10 years ago

Absolutely, if you can get it for fair price get it and try it out. I will give pretty much any pin a try once in my collection.

It is really hard to know if you will like a pin until you own if for at least few weeks and can play it all of the time. A different experience from playing in an arcade.

I will often take a trashed machine and get it working if it is one I have never played. A cheap way to find out if I should be chasing one in better shape, especially if it is a hard to find title. (Cheap that is if you don't value your time when working on pinball games, which I don't. It is my hobby and I get great enjoyment from bringing dead pins back to life.)

#18 10 years ago

I wouldn't pay more than $500 for a non working one either. The other thing I would really judge it on is playfield. These are notorious for having horribly damaged playfields. If the playfield has some really bad wear I don't think i would go over $300.The shots are limited and the game isnt complex but I just really enjoy the way the game plays especially with new flippers. Sometimes simple isn't a bad thing. High Speed is parked next to my JP too

#19 10 years ago

Thanks guys I'll let you know this week going to look at it Tuesday

#20 10 years ago

Well talked to them about looking at it. Guess flippers don't work at all but they want to called amusement service shop to look at and fix then they are going to ask them what they think fair price to sell machine for is. Well I sure hope they give them a price what they would buy it for not what they would sell it for but have a feeling of getting it cheap just went out the window

#21 10 years ago

Deal back on everything works and the company told them 500 is what they should get for it going tomorrow to look at it and hopefully it will be next pin

#22 10 years ago

Wow that sounds like a great deal. I'm very jealous, good luck tomorrow!

#23 10 years ago

Tyvm yes I hope so ill for sure let ya know with pics as well if I do get it

#24 10 years ago

Well pulled the trigger on the high speed seems everything works triggered multi ball didn't notice if siren light was going all rubbers junk and tons of dust on pf so didn't play it just hand tripped everything wear from what I could see through dust wasn't to bad maybe one spot on muddle of playfield might be down to wood and they just have a wood door coin door is gone 500 what you guys think to much or that fair picking up sat so still Time to offer less if I have to not advertised for sale so not worried about losing out on it

#25 10 years ago

Bump

#26 10 years ago

Sounds like you got a good deal but it is hard to tell without pictures.

#27 10 years ago

Dude, for $500 if it booted and the displays work you got your money.

#28 10 years ago

Yeah, you're in good shape. I was going to say around $1200 if it's in very very nice shape would be a fair price so you got a good deal. Look forward to seeing pics!

#29 10 years ago

Ok thought it was a good deal just wanted to make sure the displays work fine noticed two of them starting to hang down can I just put two sided tape on back side of them?

#30 10 years ago

Bump

#31 10 years ago

The displays sit in place via plastic thru-hole mounts. If they are broken, you can get replacements or do what I did on my pinbot and just put hot glue on the mounts to hold it n place.

#32 10 years ago

Ok cool thanks a lot so many parts hard sometimes to find what your looking for

#33 10 years ago

There are 76 sales records of High Speed on Pinball Price and the average sale price is $1195.00 for this game. Prices are all over the place for sales of this game. Nice example records have sold for $750, and crappy condition games for over $1000. Very hard to price this title, but I strongly agree with those above that say $500 - $1000.

Remember a game is only worth what somebody will pay you for it, You be the judge:

http://www.pinballprice.com/

#34 10 years ago

Ok any help on what I can cover that wear with so it doesn't get worse not looking for a restore project just good enough to play and enjoy got it for 500image-373.jpgimage-373.jpgimage-878.jpgimage-878.jpgimage-906.jpgimage-906.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage-354.jpgimage-354.jpg

#35 10 years ago

Were it my machine. I would remove as many things as you could from the playfield. Clean everything really well with Novus 2 and apply a high quality wax and call it done.

From you photos you appear to have a bunch of wear, not like you just have a few spots to touch up. Just get all of the grit and garbage out of the playfield area so the paint is not further damaged, wax well to try and protect what is left. Put in new balls and rubber and enjoy. You should not have in more than a long evening to do this.

I don't think it is worth the time to try and "protect" the playfield. It is going to see so little use compared to what it has already seen.

Your time would be better spent making sure all of the contacts, lights and flippers work well. Those are more important to a good playing experience.

#36 10 years ago

Thanks was just worried about that big spot is all yeah a ton of dust on playfield I just hit the middle quick with novas 1 just to snap a couple of the wear yeah flipper rebuild a must right is very weak but thanks for advice would love to hear more from you guys thanks

#37 10 years ago

That wear took a long time and probably a very rusty, rough ball to develop it. If you get out all of the grit (including the old rubber which I always worry about holding grit) and put in a new, smooth ball I don't think you will see the wear getting noticeably worse in home use.

Sure you could put mylar on the area, but than you have the mylar in the way. You could also put down full playfield mylar, but that would take time and money that I would put into making the game play better via the previously mentioned flipper, contacts and light repair. I would much rather a well used pin that everything worked on than a pristine one where lights were out or targets did not score.

It is a player grade pin, the kind I love because I can play and enjoy the game without worry.

#38 10 years ago

Ok thanks I think I'll just get a small sheet of Mylar and flipper rebuild kit already have the rubber and balls in the mail

#39 10 years ago

So noticed light assembly is gone for siren wires are all there just unplug and missing anyone know where I can find a replacement?

#40 10 years ago

Well got it cleaned up and wax now just waiting for new rubber, balls and flipper rebuild kit to get here can't wait to get a couple games inimage.jpgimage.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-high-speed-williams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.