IMG_5803.jpg
IMG_5806.JPG
IMG_5805.JPG
IMG_5800.JPG
IMG_5801.jpg
IMG_5802.JPG
IMG_5798.JPG
#1 11 years ago

Has anyone bought or sold a Fire! recently? What would be a no brainer price for an average machine? The Pinside average is $800, is that too high/low? I haven't seen any threads about one recently and wonder if this pin is worth it. I usually am a big fan of Oursler pins, but this one doesn't get tons of love. What gives?

#2 11 years ago

avg 1k-1.2k for a good one. not a beater, not great one, just good. also depends on what part of the US. talking average here.

#3 11 years ago

I bought a trashed out Fire! with no cabinet paint on the right side or front, unshopped, stuff broken, etc...paid $600.....Restored it & now I wouldn't sell it. But I agree with Tom, $ 900-1,200 for a nice one with No Broken Plastic Buildings!

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from donjagra:

I usually am a big fan of Ousler pins, but this one doesn't get tons of love. What gives?

I believe the common issue is that it is too symmetrical. I have never played it, but price depends on whether it is a “champagne edition” as well.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I believe the common issue is that it is too symmetrical.

In fact this may be the most symmetrical pin in history right?

#6 11 years ago

I sold mine about 8 months+ at this point. Maybe a year, I forget. Anyways, sold it for $1,100. PF was great. Only real issues were the front bottom of cab had a bit of damage

#7 11 years ago

I have been looking in the Midwest for a while. Haven't even seen many come up for sale. The price seems to vary pretty wildly because there seems to be a wide range of condition on these machines.

#8 11 years ago

It's a fun pin with great music and calls...looks great with LEDs too. I have owned 4, varied condition bought from 500 to 800... Sold for more though. GL

#9 11 years ago

1200.00 is a good price for purchase. If it's in great condition I can see how it would command a little more. Remember the plastics should be in good condition as they are super hard to find.

#10 11 years ago

It sounds like $600 to $700 should be right in the sweet spot for a good average game. I am going to look at it tomorrow. He said the only broken plastic is the sling, but his idea of condition may be very different than mine. The pics he posted looked good enough, but there is no way to judge this pin from three photos.

I wonder if I will have trouble getting rid of it if I don't like it...

My wife reminded me that every pin I buy seems to need $200 worth of parts. Food for thought.

Thx.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from donjagra:

I wonder if I will have trouble getting rid of it if I don't like it...

I saw one sell in Omaha for $1100 in 3 days.

Quoted from donjagra:

My wife reminded me that every pin I buy seems to need $200 worth of parts. Food for thought

LMAO!! My wife says the same thing

#12 11 years ago

My buddy just sold his, pretty nice shape, no broken buildings or plastic with a new Pinscore display for 14 hundred.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from donjagra:

It sounds like $600 to $700 should be right in the sweet spot for a good average game.

That's be a stellar deal imo on an average game

#14 11 years ago

Does it have the bell, that would make a difference too. Yes the pf plastics with the buildings attached are impossible to find. The other parts are a little easier but the new pf plastic sets you can buy do NOT have those included. You can also get insert decals which makes it nice. GL.

#15 11 years ago

i was gonna ask the same thing, but about the champagne edition. i have found one in perfect condition and it even has the original decals on the front and sides, no wear or fade. playfield is as close to mint as i can tell. hes asking $3k for it. i know the regular edition can be had at half that price, but im wondering if his champagne in pristine condition is worth the 3k hes asking. he never said, but from the looks of it, it was a HUO

#16 11 years ago

If it is a champagne edition that still has the decals, it is safe to assume that it's either a high end restoration or had a very easy life. There were only 273 of them made and the rumor is that most had the decals fall off in the first year or two.

Is there a way to convert a regular Fire to have the flame wheels in the backbox like the champagne edition?

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from donjagra:

Is there a way to convert a regular Fire to have the flame wheels in the backbox like the champagne edition?

I can't see why it you couldn't do it, the problem would be finding the barrel rolling mechinism for the fire tube. The displays are low so you would just have to move some wires and cut the backbox door.

Quoted from darkfaith:

hes asking $3k for it. i know the regular edition can be had at half that price, but im wondering if his champagne in pristine condition is worth the 3k hes asking. he never said, but from the looks of it, it was a HUO

One would think being the champagne edition it would definitely fetch a higher price but that seems a little much. I have seen two sell in the past couple of years or so and I am pretty sure they didn't fetch but about 2K...and to be honest I don't know if they were that high. Ask B_R, he had one go through his garage.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from darkfaith:

i was gonna ask the same thing, but about the champagne edition. i have found one in perfect condition and it even has the original decals on the front and sides, no wear or fade. playfield is as close to mint as i can tell. hes asking $3k for it. i know the regular edition can be had at half that price, but im wondering if his champagne in pristine condition is worth the 3k hes asking. he never said, but from the looks of it, it was a HUO

I wouldn't give 3K for one, the game no matter what edition is pretty boring IMO and the only reason it goes for over 1K is firemen want it.
It took my buddy months to move his regular edition for 14, it was finally sold to a fireman.

#19 11 years ago

The good news: The game had been in their family for the last 20 years, the play field was filthy, but only the slings and the fire foil need replacing. All of the buildings, ramps, inserts, boards, translite, displays and bell are accounted for and in really good shape.

In some ways I am happy that they have done basically nothing to the game other than neglect it, but it means a lot of work to bring it up to snuff. The bad about the game (and every game seems to have some bad) is that they decided to hand paint the faded cabinet. It isn't that they didn't do a good job, it's that they didn't finish. It really has some potential and was starting to look really cool. Enough of it was completed that I plan to finish the job, but they were probably a better artist. All in all, exactly the kind of fixer upper I was looking for and the price was right.

IMG_5798.JPGIMG_5798.JPG IMG_5802.JPGIMG_5802.JPG IMG_5801.jpgIMG_5801.jpg

#20 11 years ago

More

IMG_5800.JPGIMG_5800.JPG IMG_5805.JPGIMG_5805.JPG IMG_5806.JPGIMG_5806.JPG

#21 11 years ago

And finally.

IMG_5803.jpgIMG_5803.jpg IMG_5810.JPGIMG_5810.JPG IMG_5811.JPGIMG_5811.JPG

#22 11 years ago

Congrats on your new game. It's a fun one, and that bell is an attention getter!

It looks like you're missing the decal on the fire tube underneath the playfield. I'm not sure if repros are available, but I would think so. I think the bigger issue with that part is the tube is sometimes cracked or missing.

Enjoy!

#23 11 years ago

Yeah, marco has the fire decal in stock. Looks like my wife was right about the $200 on parts.

#24 11 years ago

I think that Fire is unloved because of two major factors:

- It doesn't have pop bumpers. So many people that aren't collectors associate those with pinball, so having a pin without them just feels wrong to them.

- It is symmetrical, with the same stuff on both sides. That's a weird choice on a modern title.

I actually quite like it, but as a lot of people have said, it wouldn't be worth so much if not for firemen. I had a buddy who had one a year or so ago... sold it to a fireman.

#25 11 years ago

Here is the amazing transformation of my $ 600 Dumpster Trash FIRE! Pin...
Lots of pictures:
http://s498.photobucket.com/albums/rr348/iko3185/Fire/?albumview=slideshow

Stu

#26 11 years ago

Wow! That is crazy. It makes me feel like my $700 custom Fire! is pristine. Stu, do you happen to have a extra left sling fireman laying around?

#27 11 years ago

What a transformation! Where did you find the decals?

#28 11 years ago

Sorry no I don't....I did the artwork for the CPR Repro set so I used the new repros (including the Prototype Flipper Water Cannon Plastics as seen in the Promo Poster).....

You can buy a full set here:
http://classicplayfields.com/store-plastics.html

I scanned my cabinet (& a friends for the front artwork) and then vectorized the cabinet artwork. Had a local company make the decals on 3M adhesive vinyl (the highest grade), Color matched to the correct PMS Colors with UV Resistant Inks and then Laminated with a Satin Clear vinyl...then I just cut them out with an X-acto and applied.....

Stu

#29 11 years ago

You're that Stu? Awesome.

I love the carpet in the game room. I have been debating on how much money to put into this thing. I can totally live with the custom artwork, but it is going to make it a tough sell later on down the road. I am thinking that I should either finish it, or try and take it back to original. I have looked at that plastic set a few times, but I only need two of the ones included with the set. I will probably bite the bullet and buy it.

So... Do you happen to know where a "failed-art-class-becasue-he-was-stoned" pinhead could find some cabinet artwork repos?

#30 11 years ago

"That Stu"...OMG, is my reputation that bad?

Once I had the artwork done the decals cost me about $ 295, but I never had any intention of selling this pin, I love this game as it is so fast & brutal once the playfield is "really clean" and noviced, so I really didnt care about the cost of the decals. Have spoken to Rick at PPS but last we spoke about this title there wasn't really enough interest in doing repro cab decals. My best suggestion is to do your best at touching up the cabinet and go from there.

I'm not allowing anyone access to my cabinet artwork as I have a huge amount of time into the artwork and at some point someone my want to buy the artwork from me for making repro decals.

Stu

#31 11 years ago

Your reputation speaks for itself and explains why you restoration looks so good. At $300 for a set of decals, I'm not suprised that there isn't much interest. Looks like I am going to have to learn a new skill set. Fortunately, enough of the cabinet is done that I should be able to copy their work. It is somewhat of a plain cabinet and does look good with color.

I will keep an eye out for the decals if they ever come available, but for now, time to brush up on my brush strokes.

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from donjagra:

Your reputation speaks for itself and explains why you restoration looks so good. At $300 for a set of decals, I'm not suprised that there isn't much interest. Looks like I am going to have to learn a new skill set. Fortunately, enough of the cabinet is done that I should be able to copy their work. It is somewhat of a plain cabinet and does look good with color.
I will keep an eye out for the decals if they ever come available, but for now, time to brush up on my brush strokes.

There is a local guy here who prints side art for arcades and pins, he's really good. I can use my buddy's fire and get some high res scans and then vector out anything I need to if you want a set. I'll charge you for my time and not the artwork

Shouldn't be too much as I don't plan to profit other than costs.

#33 11 years ago

Thanks jrivelli, that sounds sweet. How much are you thinking for the vector files?

I have to ask though, is the first pic with the hand painted side that bad?

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

- It doesn't have pop bumpers. So many people that aren't collectors associate those with pinball, so having a pin without them just feels wrong to them.

It doesn't have pop bumpers... but instead it has two sets of slings.

I think Fire is a very cool game.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

It doesn't have pop bumpers... but instead it has two sets of slings.
I think Fire is a very cool game.

I'd like to play one again. I haven't played one since they were new, back in college. I don't remember it being hard, but I don't remember a lot from back then. That was a nice restore of yours Stu!

#36 11 years ago

$1200-1400 for a nice one.
The complete bell is worth $175. Many games seem to have these robbed.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

1200-1400 for a nice one.
The complete bell is worth $175. Many games seem to have these robbed.

This is the problem I'm having (listing mine for sale). Mine has the bell, and pefect plastics on the buildings. It's worth more as parts. However, I refuse to part out a working pinball machine.

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

There is a local guy here who prints side art for arcades and pins, he's really good. I can use my buddy's fire and get some high res scans and then vector out anything I need to if you want a set. I'll charge you for my time and not the artwork
Shouldn't be too much as I don't plan to profit other than costs.

I may be interested in a set as well depending on cost....Let me know.

6 months later
#39 11 years ago

Finally finished painting the cabinet. Not exactly vector decals, but I think it looks a ton better.

IMG_6311.JPGIMG_6311.JPG IMG_6310.JPGIMG_6310.JPG IMG_6314.JPGIMG_6314.JPG

#40 11 years ago

After. Still needs a little touch up and varnish, but you get the idea.

IMG_6422.jpgIMG_6422.jpg IMG_6423.JPGIMG_6423.JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

2,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bellefonte, PA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-fire and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.